Down goes Stanford! (Merged thread) | The Boneyard

Down goes Stanford! (Merged thread)

Will UConn move ahead of Stanford in Tomorrow's AP Poll?

• Yes

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 42 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
With Stanford's loss to USC, does UConn move ahead of them in tomorrow's AP Poll? I believe that they will, what say you?

Reaction Score
We put down a stinker too, without question, against an unranked team at the bottom of the conference. We were horrendous.

But, we didn’t lose. I suspect Stanford drops to 5-6 and we move to 3. It really is painful to see us move up after todays awful showing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As I’ve said numerous times, if teams are going to have a WTF game, it’s probably going to be at this time of year. Stanford lost, So Carolina won a game 58-51 last week, UConn scraps out a close 15 point win… it happens every single year.

On edit: #3 Ohio State had 18 turnovers against Nebraska (11-7, 1-3) in an 11 point win yesterday. They shot 36.8% (28-76), 18.5% (5-27) from three. It’s that time of year

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not surprised that they lost.... just how they lost. If you haven't watched many PAC 12 games this year, then standby for upsets every week. It's so competitive this year.

Reaction Score
As I’ve said numerous times, if teams are going to have a WTF game, it’s probably going to be at this time of year. Stanford lost, So Carolina won a game 58-51 last week, UConn scraps out a close 15 point win… it happens every single year.
It does, we have a game or two like this every year. God that was hard to watch…..

South Carolina has actually laid down a couple stinkers in last two weeks. They managed to win them though, like we did. Stanford tonight was waaaay off. Just one of those games for them too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It does, we have a game or two like this every year. God that was hard to watch…..

South Carolina has actually laid down a couple stinkers in last two weeks. They managed to win them though, like we did. Stanford tonight was waaaay off. Just one of those games for them too.
And yet, no one on the Boneyard is downgrading the Gamecocks, rightfully so. Too bad UConn fans aren’t as forgiving of the team they root for

Reaction Score
Not surprised that they lost.... just how they lost. If you haven't watched many PAC 12 games this year, then standby for upsets every week. It's so competitive this year.

Which is a good thing IMO. Although Tara Vanderveer might disagree with me lol

Reaction Score
And yet, no one on the Boneyard is downgrading the Gamecocks, rightfully so. Too bad UConn fans aren’t as forgiving of the team they root for
I said they moved up to 3. I didn’t downgrade UConn.

Sly and topsail look like they might though….

Reaction Score
Our stinkers weren’t as foul smelling as Kentucky and Mizzou last year.

Nobody is invincible.

Reaction Score
SC shot badly again but they outrebounded Mizzou by over 2X. It's not like anyone cares when they miss shots as they are getting the rebounds anyway. If we can stay in the ballpark rebounding we can beat SC.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't think Stanford drops to 4. IMO it will be SC, OSU, Stan, UConn, LSU (I wouldn't be surprised if LSU passes us, they were close)
What!?! You mean the "we only schedule weak CUPCAKES for our pre-season schedule?" THAT LSU team? I keep telling my Boneyard friends not to look at LSU with a jaundice eye.

Don't complain or critize Kim about her scheduling practices. She knows exactly what she's doing, and it's working for her. LSU is 18-0 as of today (Sunday 1/15/23). They began the week ranked #5 in the AP top 25. It doesn't appear that their weak preseason schedule is hurting them any. :eek:

Reaction Score
What!?! You mean the "we only schedule weak CUPCAKES for our pre-season schedule?" THAT LSU team? I keep telling my Boneyard friends not to look at LSU with a jaundice eye.

Don't complain or critize Kim about her scheduling practices. She knows exactly what she's doing, and it's working for her. LSU is 18-0 as of today (Sunday 1/15/23). They began the week ranked #5 in the AP top 25. It doesn't appear that their weak preseason schedule is hurting them any. :eek:
….but, but she said that their schedule was already set in stone in advance of her hiring. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
….but, but she said that their schedule was already set in stone in advance of her hiring. :rolleyes:
And she also said that her schedule was created this way because she didn't know who she would have playing for her this year. Is that the same thing?

Reaction Score
Any movement in the polls would also take into account Connecticut's impressive game against St. John's. Others have pointed out in other threads that close or unimpressive wins don't usually hurt high-ranked teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom