Down goes Stanford! (Merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Down goes Stanford! (Merged thread)

Will UConn move ahead of Stanford in Tomorrow's AP Poll?

• Yes

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 42 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
….but, but she said that their schedule was already set in stone in advance of her hiring. :rolleyes:
I thought that was her excuse for last years schedule, not this years.;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I looked at the ESPNW box score and USC started five guards against the size of Stanford?? USC had only two bench players one of which was a forward. Stanford had eight
That would suggest that it was simply not Stanford’s day. What Nan said is true. Sometimes it’s just not your day, and your team is out of sync. A lot of top 25 teams lost yesterday, some to unranked teams.

There were a number of UConn fans that posted their displeasure in great detail after the game. I can only imagine what the tenor of those comments would have been had we lost to an unranked Georgetown team mired at the bottom of the conference standings. :eek:

The chatroom was smoking during the game. That’s why I like going there. Comments made are unfiltered. It was difficult to watch yesterday. I almost turned it off.

Hopefully they shake it off and take the floor ready to play tomorrow at Seton Hall. Hopefully Azzi can play as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why anyone thinks Stanford will only drop to 3. They lost to an unranked team. Period. Pollsters won't look at USC's record, or their SOS, or anything like that. Nor will they pay much attention to the stinker UCONN played today. My prediction - SC, OSU, UCONN, LSU, Stanford... or maybe Stanford drops one more.

UCONN ended up 9th in the polls after losing to ND and Maryland...
Yes, good points. I don't really care about polls except for what they can do for the kids. It'll all come out in the wash.
What about the 2 losses by UConn being greatly affected by players out with injury.
A point about the Trees- garbage in, garbage out. A computer takes the data it's given and computes it according to some algorythm. What data went in that positioned Stanford #2. Compared to UConn- UConn better OOC schedule, results versus common opponents?- Creighton?, point differential, and other stats. Where the heck is Stanford better?

Reaction Score
As I’ve said numerous times, if teams are going to have a WTF game, it’s probably going to be at this time of year. Stanford lost, So Carolina won a game 58-51 last week, UConn scraps out a close 15 point win… it happens every single year.

On edit: #3 Ohio State had 18 turnovers against Nebraska (11-7, 1-3) in an 11 point win yesterday. They shot 36.8% (28-76), 18.5% (5-27) from three. It’s that time of year
Spot on.
It’s why they play the games. Whole bunch of ‘em…for weeks and months ! Ain’t over til it’s over.

Reaction Score
Stanford and LSU are both playing cupcake schedules, LSU is more like a 'giant' cake, as most of their opponents give them no way to prove themselves, or get better!

Reaction Score
Stanford and LSU are both playing cupcake schedules, LSU is more like a 'giant' cake, as most of their opponents give them no way to prove themselves, or get better!
Stanford plays in a league that has 6 teams in the Massey top 25 and 8 in the Massey top 36. 6 PAC-12 teams are in the AP top 25 and 5 are in the Coaches top 25. 4 of their non-conference opponents have been in the top 25 at some point this season.

Stanford’s projected strength of schedule according to Massey is 6th and has the PAC-12 ranked as the #1 conference and projected #1 conference SOS.

Sure, they could have played a couple stronger non-conference teams. A coaches job is to play a schedule they feel best prepares them March, not necessarily the strongest schedule in the nation.

Their latest loss was to a team that 2 of their losses were to a top 10 team by a total of 4 points.

Reaction Score
With Stanford's loss to USC, does UConn move ahead of them in tomorrow's AP Poll? I believe that they will, what say you?
That USC result is a shock. It is like Clemson WBB beating South Carolina ( which they did not ). But is should have no impact on UCONN ranking. And UCONN ranking is meaningless anyway. If we have to play the rest of the year with the seven players who suited up against Seton Hall, how high should we be ranked?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom