Dorka | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dorka

Reaction Score
They showed a quick view of Dorka's wrist as she was being lifted off the floor and I had a flashback of my 7th grade gym class and landing improperly on the mat. That's what the wrist looked like and it was fractured.

Reaction Score
Has UConn reported any new information about Dorka's injury? Not the details but more just the immediate time table - will she have surgery that will allow her to accompany her teammates (and coaches, staff) to Minnesota?
Yes all 12 players will go to Minnesota.
From this morning's photo they are going to the airport.

Screenshot (14).png

Reaction Score
Wondering if she's having a procedure and then will join the team later in the week?
Looks like Amari has Dorka on her phone. I’m thinking Dorka will need to have the injury assessed asap to determine treatment. Hoping that she may be able to get a plane out to Minnesota before the tournament starts.

Reaction Score
30+ years of emergency services, and the one quick glance on the replays told me all I needed to know. Ironically, I participated in first aid classes at the old Hawley Armoury on campus, and was a "victim" with a Callus fracture. Of course the makeup on my arm didn't approach "realism" of Dorka's. The location of the fracture includes the wrist bones, i.e ulna, radius, and multiple bones in the hand, along with ligaments, and tendons. Suffice it to say, she's in for a pretty extensive rehab, post surgery.

When my son was eight, he fell of a 7' wall and broke both his wrists. The doctor said there are 32 bones in the wrist (or connected) and I'm sure the right one is broken and most likely the left. They were "green-stick" fractures (no displacement) and at eight he was fully healed in four weeks, but he felt it for years later, especially when he held his trumpet.

Reaction Score
honestly don't think I would feel comfortable flying especially since she probably is going to need surgery.

Reaction Score
Dorka probably went to the sendoff to see the crowd and enjoy that moment with the team, and then was probably taken home so she could have some medical treatment in the coming days or start her recovery. I wonder if she might have surgery in the next few days. In that case, I would guess she would not travel at all to MN. I just hope she has someone with her, either friends or family.

Reaction Score
To me, the “bottom line” (overused but appropriate term) is how Coach puts together a crew that genuinely loves each other and supports each other unconditionally.
His teams are so tight emotionally (sisters?) and they draw (allow?) us in.
It’s one thing to say “I’d fall on my sword for you” and another to nakedly put it out there.
If you’re injured-you’re a family member.
If you’re struggling for playing time-your’re a family member.
If you push it in practice-you’re a family member.
I’ve never seen anything like it.
And after the final buzzer sounds they share it with us.
What an experience it must be.
I get chills, from the outside looking in.
Can only imagine....

Reaction Score
Why can't Dorka just go and sit on the bench with Aubrey? This may be her one and only chance to experience a final four.

Reaction Score
To me, the “bottom line” (overused but appropriate term) is how Coach puts together a crew that genuinely loves each other and supports each other unconditionally.
That is part of the Geno recruiting process and has been since day one. He only will accept certain personalty types that have a good work ethic, always play hard not taking plays off. It has also been noted in the past that the team is questioned on the fit of a recruit on official visits / practices. Once here CD takes over on all things decorum and obviously has done a good job along with Geno since day one.

Back to the thread I really hope Dorka is with someone close to get through this time. Obviously not with her room or team mates I hope she gets the medical attention / diagnosis for recovery and surgery time line asap. She has earned and deserves to be in Minneapolis with the team as bitter sweet as it may be. Her home away from home family.

Reaction Score
I believe I read before if someone needs surgery on a broken or torn ligament they should not fly, not sure if that is the case here.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
They showed a quick view of Dorka's wrist as she was being lifted off the floor and I had a flashback of my 7th grade gym class and landing improperly on the mat. That's what the wrist looked like and it was fractured.
There was a girl in my class you had a fall of the balance beam...it may have been 7th grade

Reaction Score
Why can't Dorka just go and sit on the bench with Aubrey? This may be her one and only chance to experience a final four.

that injury needs immediate care because she broke the skin with the bone break. I understand what you are saying about the chance of a lifetime to attend the final 4, but she needs to take care of her health at this time.

Reaction Score
Isn't Dorka with the team? It looked like she got on the bus with them, but not on the plane?
I saw a post on another site from someone who was at the sendoff that said she got on the bus to say goodbye to everyone and then got off before they left. She's staying behind for medical treatment and may join them later if she can.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom