Dorka | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dorka

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Has UConn reported any new information about Dorka's injury? Not the details but more just the immediate time table - will she have surgery that will allow her to accompany her teammates (and coaches, staff) to Minnesota?

Reaction Score
I seem to recall Joe Namath breaking some bones in his wrist and after months it had not healed. I think they ran an electric current through the wrist to try to get it to finally heal. Hopefully her injury is not like his. wishing for a full and speedy recovery.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I just saw on Fakebook that the team sendoff is scheduled for this afternoon so I am guessing that if Dorka is going to Minnesota, it won't on the same flight. :(

Reaction Score
I just saw on Fakebook that the team sendoff is scheduled for this afternoon so I am guessing that if Dorka is going to Minnesota, it won't on the same flight. :(
Why do you call it Fakebook? Did you coin that word? Do you have a page?

Reaction Score
Try "Colle's fracture". I believe "collum/ collus " is a mis-spelling/ variant.
The wrist would look like it had an exaggerated fork /utensil configuration.
A long bone or two of the forearm is the " clean" break and the wrist bones
are "displaced" by the force of the trauma. It would be very nice if the wrist
bones escaped injury. They are " small " bones and don't have the better
blood supply for optimum healing. Best wishes to Dorka and the whole
team on their continued journey of destiny. GO HUSKIES!

I’ve never done that, but I assume no way you can play with that even if it’s the weaker hand, correct? If we are lucky to win, I would love to get her in the box score, if only for 15 seconds.

Reaction Score
If Dorka can join the team, then she should suit up and sit on the bench. Geno should put her in during the last 15 seconds of the Standford game so she could say that she played in the final four. If this is at all possible considering if they are winning or losing.

Reaction Score
She was having a great game too and Cunane would not have been able to handle her at all.
The reaction of the team after the game hugging her, with Paige and Ono and others in tears, was just very emblematic of why so many of us have come to love this team.

Reaction Score
Hope for a full recovery for the young lady. That was a nasty looking spill and injury. Many here immediately thought of the gruesome injury suffered by our Player, Kevin Ware, in the 2013 Elite 8 game against Duke, when his leg suffered a compound fracture. To see him laying there with the bone jutting our of his leg was horrifying. He did make a good recovery though eventually and returned to play again.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Given the way the team bonded and seeing how much they care for one another, I would have to think Dorka would come back for another year
I would think so. IF an WNBA team did draft her, she would have to sit out the entire 2022 season. Why not stay in school, work on your advanced degree, play another year THEN go the the W. It will still be there as will the money. Who knows, perhaps she will score a NIL deal out of this injury and get some cash now. :) Sometimes good things come to those who wait.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She was having a great game too and Cunane would not have been able to handle her at all.
The reaction of the team after the game hugging her, with Paige and Ono and others in tears, was just very emblematic of why so many of us have come to love this team.
I was in tears and I'm 3,000 miles away. :( Even AFTER the game I didn't feel right. I'm fine now. :D

Centerstream

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken about 3-4 weeks ago Dorka went into Geno's office and told him she WAS coming back next year!
It is not official until papers are filed!
Yes and since then, around Senior Day, she said that she was undecided.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt in my mind that the doctors and trainers will put Dorka back together better than ever.

She’ll be ready to go (and participate in pick up games) by the time classes resume at the end of August. That's 5 months of rehabilitation after surgery. This injury should be an afterthought come that first exhibition game in November.
She will have every opportunity to fully recover ( best medical attention, etc ). However, this is a huge emotional blow to an athlete. At the height of her ( and her team's) achievement in this season. She will draw strength from the resolve and experience of Paige and AZZY, and everyone else on the team who missed games due to injury. But missing out on helping to seal this win? Missing out on contributing in the next game/? This is an immense disappointment. It is a loss for an athlete that can't be regained. Part of the risk of "putting oneself out there." Many of us on this site had similar experiences as athletes. But few at her level. Some moments are simply gone forever. A real shame. Hopefully, she does come back to UCONN and they again can shine.

Reaction Score
That injury is so common and happens when falling backwards and the hand is placed on the floor with the fingers not facing toward the legs. At that point the bones brakes around the wrist or the elbow is displaced, neither are good choices but in general bones heal in 6 weeks and other injuries take much longer.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Do you have a citation on that? I never saw that.
I don't recall the exact thread, but I believe it might have been one of the Senior Day related threads. I always thought that Geno had said in a presser that she was coming back but then something in a later thread contradicted that.
If you feel that I am spreading misinformation or rumors, please delete my offending post(s).

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I don't recall the exact thread, but I believe it might have been one of the Senior Day related threads. I always thought that Geno had said in a presser that she was coming back but then something in a later thread contradicted that.
If you feel that I am spreading misinformation or rumors, please delete my offending post(s).
Well I'd never trust my memory to get such things correct and I remember it differently so I asked for a source so I could refresh my memory. What I "recall" is that Geno came out with a relatively strong statement that she was going to return because she had told him that (but he did not cite if that was a recent conversation or something from some past conversation).

Then the school came out with a "clarification" that there has been no official announcement on this...whatever that means. In none of that do I recall Dorka herself making a quoted comment on that subject. But, I repeat my disclaimer on my memory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom