Dorka update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Dorka update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Many will be pleased to see the much smaller thumb protection today. She "participated" in warmups by feeding the post (right hand only). Progress.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Many will be pleased to see the much smaller thumb protection today. She "participated" in warmups by feeding the post (right hand only). Progress.
So I am at the game and noticed there is no wrap at all for Dorka as the team came out for their 20 min to game warmup and said to myself “hey let me got to the Dorka update thread and see if anyone has posted anything and wham, I see 5 pages of updates, so of course 4.5 pages are of “hijacked” thread posts before I see your relevant post! Good job Biff! The rest of you who post all the other drivel, go to the relevant thread next time…
Just Saying Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
She's not going to play tonight according to Geno, and "probably not" on Sunday either. Wonder if she'll be OK to get some minutes against Princeton?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One of the things I stated that I wanted to see today was Dorka lowering that hand more often which she's been keeping raised to avoid the pain of blood flowing into her thumb. Progress baby.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'll likely take a bit of flak for this but IF UConn beats ND that would be 4 wins against top 10 teams in 6 games. To me that should move them up in the rankings. Beating good teams should trump beating random mediocre or worse teams. For example Stanford (who is a very good team) played three cupcakes in Hawaii over the holiday for wins and lost to top 10 South Carolina. Yes it was close. No banana in my view. I also know at this point in the season it is irrelevant but is a thing of pride for a team. At the end of the season UConn will again be pasted as having a week conference (not nearly as true as it used to be). So why not the teams above UConn now.
Slide over Zinethar, I'll sit next to you. I agree with your take on Stanford. First, like some other teams that were ranked inappropriately in the first preseason rankings like Tennessee (who slid right out of the top 25), and Texas is right behind them who lost to unranked South Florida last night 70-65, should also fall out of the top 25 in the next poll. Stanford In my opinion was also ranked too high.

The Cardinal certainly has not done enough to stay at #2 ahead of UConn who has played/defeated 3 top 10 teams, and plays #7 Notre Dame tomorrow. With the exception of playing #1 South Carolina AT HOME, Stanford HAS NOT played one other top 25 team [schedule]. How do they maintain their #2 ranking? Who have they played/beaten to stay there? :eek: Not 1 other team from a power 5 conference. All mid-majors. UConn deserves to move up to number two Monday (when the new top 25 poll is released) if they beat Notre Dame tomorrow. 4 wins over 4 top 10 teams. As Chris Carter would say.............C'mon man.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To pick a nit, though. One of those top 10 teams will soon drop out of the top 25 and another is 5 and 3...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I dont think UConn loses to ND. I dont think its about UConn beating ND I think its about by how much. UConn is getting better and better every game. Nikas energy and fire is contagious and the entire team has caught it. Its the Nika Flu and UConn is getting better each game. If UConn gets hot from the outside and they will it could be a long nite for ND. Dont get me wrong ND has a lot of talent but right now UConn is on a run and playing at a very high level and imo its all about confidence which comes from the Nika Flu. Its contagious.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I dont think UConn loses to ND. I dont think its about UConn beating ND I think its about by how much. UConn is getting better and better every game. Nikas energy and fire is contagious and the entire team has caught it. Its the Nika Flu and UConn is getting better each game. If UConn gets hot from the outside and they will it could be a long nite for ND. Dont get me wrong ND has a lot of talent but right now UConn is on a run and playing at a very high level and imo its all about confidence which comes from the Nika Flu. Its contagious.
Tony I'm hoping that UConn goes into Purcell Pavilion tomorrow with a huge chip on their shoulder, and a BIG 64oz can of Whu** A** under their arm. I want UConn to break 'em off, and break 'em off early, and leave with a convincing double-digit win.

No let-up tip to buzzer. You know the welcome Geno and the girls will receive tomorrow from the Irish fans when they arrive and enter the arena. A lot of single-digit salutes and catcalls among other things. :mad: Irish fans have been waiting for this game since the schedule was revealed this past summer. Let's make tomorrow's visit a memorable one........for both teams. :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Dorka looked like she wanted to be out on the floor last night against Providence, but she was making sure during the high fives on the 3 pt shot that she held up only her right hand. I guess she needs a little more time before playing.

Reaction Score
Slide over Zinethar, I'll sit next to you. I agree with your take on Stanford. First, like some other teams that were ranked inappropriately in the first preseason rankings like Tennessee (who slid right out of the top 25), and Texas is right behind them who lost to unranked South Florida last night 70-65, should also fall out of the top 25 in the next poll. Stanford In my opinion was also ranked too high.

The Cardinal certainly has not done enough to stay at #2 ahead of UConn who has played/defeated 3 top 10 teams, and plays #7 Notre Dame tomorrow. With the exception of playing #1 South Carolina AT HOME, Stanford HAS NOT played one other top 25 team [schedule]. How do they maintain their #2 ranking? Who have they played/beaten to stay there? :eek: Not 1 other team from a power 5 conference. All mid-majors. UConn deserves to move up to number two Monday (when the new top 25 poll is released) if they beat Notre Dame tomorrow. 4 wins over 4 top 10 teams. As Chris Carter would say.............C'mon man.
Massey has UConn second.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
We will see, eventually if I have to eat crow.Not bragging, but so far I am 5-0. I ALWAYS think positive. Either Gabby Williams or Kia Nurse said, " if you think you are going to lose you are going to make it happen." I never think we are going to lose, no matter the team or player. GO HUSKIES!!!
no comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc