Dorka update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dorka update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But 75% wins vs. ND pales to Geno's overall win percentage of something like 88.5%.
Well, that is why it's called a rivalry because Notre Dame, a team who has won several national championships sometimes won. But beating a quality program three out of four times all time is a fairly dominating statistic... Wow, are you one of those guys who expects perfection?

Reaction Score
Simplified Boneyard rules:
1. You talk politics, you get a night in the box.
2. You talk about transfers, you get a night in the box.
3. You use the “T“ word, you get a night in the box.
I don’t talk politics. I don’t talk transfers. I don’t even know what the “ T “ word is. But speaking from experience, I do know that taking pot shots at a coach who shall remain nameless will result in your post and it’s thumbtacks being removed from the bulletin board. (I try, but sometimes I just can’t help myself.). For those you who remember Froggy the Gremlin, “I will be good, I will, I will”.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t talk politics. I don’t talk transfers. I don’t even know what the “ T “ word is. But speaking from experience, I do know that taking pot shots at a coach who shall remain nameless will result in your post and it’s thumbtacks being removed from the bulletin board. (I try, but sometimes I just can’t help myself.). For those you who remember Froggy the Gremlin, “I will be good, I will, I will”.
Perhaps you need a night in the box? It’ll help you to get your mind right, or so I’ve heard.

Reaction Score

The mah for a fracture is pretty simple: 4-6 weeks for the fracture to heal ( with good medical care, of course ). And then week or two for PT? Basketball stuff. So " missing three games" always seemed fanciful ( Either that, or the fracture was really miniscule). I think she comes back in January.

Reaction Score
Yes, the MD game will be revealing for them. They return 4 out of their 5 starters from last year, which is probably a good sign for them. They run a platoon at C with Ebo and Kylee Watson. Ebo actually scored 20 in their last outing against AZ St, which may or may not be representative of anything. They also have a freshman -- KK Bransford -- who seems to have had some success in their rotation. I think they'll be a tough game for us. especially without Dorka.
Devils head no one to match up with Ebo and with CTT gone very poor defense of the paint. Irish guards had very little difficulty getting the ball into Ebo deep. I suspect UConn defense will make it much more difficult to get the ball into the paint. In that event Watson who's much more mobile I think will pose a bigger problem.

In the second half the Irish ran at will against ASU so they would love to get a track meet with Uconn.

Reaction Score
The fact UConn has beaten ND 38 times, not 33, is also moot because that’s the record from 1996 to date. Unless Kara Wolters has some eligibility left, it’s a completely different team playing now.

Im not saying I believe ND is going to win, I’m saying it’s not right to dismiss a top 10 team, not to mention disrespectful. It’s also hubris to a rather high degree. Listen to Geno - he said there are a lot of teams perfectly capable of upsetting teams and that parity has arrived. The days of the 40 point blowouts will be very few and far between

Wait. Kara has eligibility left? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t call it “a problem”, we should beat them no if’s, and’s, or but’s. However, that being said, never take ND for granted on their home court, especially with the team they have this year.
I agree with Nika on Miles, because then you can put Aubrey or Caroline on Citron, who I think is their best player.

Reaction Score
Famous last words
We will see, eventually if I have to eat crow.Not bragging, but so far I am 5-0. I ALWAYS think positive. Either Gabby Williams or Kia Nurse said, " if you think you are going to lose you are going to make it happen." I never think we are going to lose, no matter the team or player. GO HUSKIES!!!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Whoever guards Miles needs to be ready, her 1st step is very quick.
Wait, what? As if Caitlin Clark's first step isn't quick? I mean, come on, Clark is a much better player than Miles so I have all the confidence in the world Nika will get under Olivia's skin and cause her to implode as I also hope happens with little Mabry-see her implode. :D

Reaction Score
UConn has had ND's numb er for decades? I must have dreamt driving from Phoenix to Denver and watching ND handle UConn in the senis maybe 10 years ago. Note Dame is not necessarily better than UConn this year, but UXonn and its fams cannot take ghe game for granted at all.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The mah for a fracture is pretty simple: 4-6 weeks for the fracture to heal ( with good medical care, of course ). And then week or two for PT? Basketball stuff. So " missing three games" always seemed fanciful ( Either that, or the fracture was really miniscule). I think she comes back in January.
It all depends on the fracture. My wife broke her ankle playing golf. We assumed that it was a sprain and in a couple of weeks she was back on the course. By the end of September she was complaining that her ankle wasn't getting any better. A few weeks after that she decided to get an X ray. She had a break at the end of her tibula that had only partially healed. She had played golf all summer on that ankle.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Most relevant historical data is that this UConn team is 0-0 against this Notre Dame team, a fact that I'm sure is not lost on Geno. It's a road test against a ranked team. I expect the Huskies to have answers to Miles and Citron but they still have to roll the ball out and play. Meanwhile, PC is up next.

Reaction Score
Neither team will be a problem. Providence will be a practice game and we have had ND's number for decades. Business as usual for Uconn. After today's game in that Iowa scared the living, "you know what " out of them and for them to come back with a vengeance like they did, the team has come to grips when the specter of defeat was staring them in the face, and prevailed. GO HUSKIES!!!
Notre Dame is most definitely “a problem”! First off, they out of all the teams in WCBB, are likely less intimidated by the UConn aura. Second, they are a quality team with good coaching, good
players, and a very good, physical (in particular) point guard. Finally, they are playing at home in front of a rabid crowd who would love nothing better than to see us lose on their home court! Certainly we can win, but I don’t think it’s going to be easy at all!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While I'm thinking about it, I do worry a little about this somewhat chippy ND team.
No doubt Geno will make sure the refs are familiar with ND’s recent tendencies to be overly aggressive during their games. The recent ejections of two players during a recent ND game made the news nationwide that evening.

The crew that will work this game more than likely will be aware of if the aggressive play and ejections that resulted.

I would also assume that because of those ejections, ND players will tone it down a bit, not wanting to get a technical foul again, and hurting the team. The referees know who the aggressive players are for ND.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is most definitely “a problem”! First off, they out of all the teams in WCBB, are likely less intimidated by the UConn aura. Second, they are a quality team with good coaching, good
players, and a very good, physical (in particular) point guard. Finally, they are playing at home in front of a rabid crowd who would love nothing better than to see us lose on their home court! Certainly we can win, but I don’t think it’s going to be easy at all!
It’s never easy playing ND on their floor. It never has been and never will be. Geno and staff will have our team mentally and physically ready to play. He knows exactly what’s coming. There are no “welcome“ mats at the visitor’s entrance when UConn comes to South Bend.

Tennessee and ND are BY FAR the most hostile arenas they play in. :mad: And it won’t change anytime soon. I always enjoy a win over those two programs, especially when it’s on their floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll likely take a bit of flak for this but IF UConn beats ND that would be 4 wins against top 10 teams in 6 games. To me that should move them up in the rankings. Beating good teams should trump beating random mediocre or worse teams. For example Stanford (who is a very good team) played three cupcakes in Hawaii over the holiday for wins and lost to top 10 South Carolina. Yes it was close. No banana in my view. I also know at this point in the season it is irrelevant but is a thing of pride for a team. At the end of the season UConn will again be pasted as having a week conference (not nearly as true as it used to be). So why not the teams above UConn now.

Reaction Score
At the end of the season UConn will again be pasted as having a week conference (not nearly as true as it used to be).
I don’t think anyone will be calling the Big East a weak conference anymore this year. UConn might make everyone else look bad because they are in a class of their own. But the conferences combined 8 Top 25 wins (and counting) is definitely putting people on notice that Big East WBB is GOOD. Four ranked teams on the top 25 with UConn, Creighton, Villanova, and Marquette. Likely to get at least 5 NCAA tournament teams with DePaul. I could easily see a 6th team like Seton Hall securing a spot in the NCAAs especially seeing how well they did in the WNIT last year.

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone will be calling the Big East a weak conference anymore this year. UConn might make everyone else look bad because they are in a class of their own. But the conferences combined 8 Top 25 wins (and counting) is definitely putting people on notice that Big East WBB is GOOD. Four ranked teams on the top 25 with UConn, Creighton, Villanova, and Marquette. Likely to get at least 5 NCAA tournament teams with DePaul. I could easily see a 6th team like Seton Hall securing a spot in the NCAAs especially seeing how well they did in the WNIT last year.
DePaul? Didn't they just lose to Townson right after beating #20 MD? Man, who knows what's up with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom