Dorka Should Start | The Boneyard

Dorka Should Start

PvP

Reaction Score
Of course this is based on only one game specifically but it fits what Geno has been saying about her since she arrived and, we know, she was First Team All Big 10 two years in a row. In today's game she had close to twice ONO's production in scoring and rebounds in less minutes. She was dominant while Liv was Liv. Dorka also didn't make the same foolish fouls that we are used to from Liv.

Azzi and Charmer should be the first off the bench replacing E and AE.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Of course this is based on only one game specifically but it fits what Geno has been saying about her since she arrived and, we know, she was First Team All Big 10 two years in a row. In today's game she had close to twice ONO's production in scoring and rebounds in less minutes. She was dominant while Liv was Liv. Dorka also didn't make the same foolish fouls that we are used to from Liv.

And playing with a huge height and size advantage

Reaction Score
I agree.. I believe Liv will be more confident coming off the bench and contributing in that manner. Dorka was too good today and it didn't take her too long to begin easing into the game. I can tell Amari, once acclimated into the system, will be really good. Liv needs to leave all her card on the table and ball her butt off this year.

Reaction Score
If we want to win another National Championship then Dorka should start over Liv.
I disagree-While I think Dorka is light years ahead of Liv on offense, ONO is such a good passer and facilitator from the high post. She will work perfectly with Alliyah on the low block and her ability to hit the guards on the wing or when they slash to teh basket.

Dorka is perfect off the bench. She is GOOD. Can you imagine preparing for us when Dorka and Azzi are bench players?

Reaction Score
I disagree-While I think Dorka is light years ahead of Liv on offense, ONO is such a good passer and facilitator from the high post. She will work perfectly with Alliyah on the low block and her ability to hit the guards on the wing or when they slash to teh basket.

Dorka is perfect off the bench. She is GOOD. Can you imagine preparing for us when Dorka and Azzi are bench players?
Said it on the post game thread: when Azzi, Dorka, Nika, and Caroline are your first four off the bench you have a very deep team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m surprised this thread took so long to start. It’s been 2 hrs since UConn beat up on a much smaller DII team.

Dorka may become a starter at some point this season. But I will guarantee that Geno will not make that decision based on her performance in an exhibition game against an overmatched opponent.

Reaction Score

DId the commenters here SEE the game or is this based on an audio feed ?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’m surprised this thread took so long to start. It’s been 2 hrs since UConn beat up on a much smaller DII team.

Dorka may become a starter at some point this season. But I will guarantee that Geno will not make that decision based on her performance in an exhibition game against an overmatched opponent.
Geno in his presser maybe made the strongest statement I heard that he likes to try to give seniors minutes (and I think he said starts but who can tell with the audio)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ark. Posts Jersey Wolfenbarger 6' 5" and Maryam Dauda 6' 4" are both Freshman and Ark has never been a Defensive team so our Posts should have a big advantage but a nice test to see who handles big games better.

Reaction Score
It makes no difference who starts. It's who gets the most PT. Dorka can play in her current role and be a huge plus for this team. When crunch time hits against the great teams she will get a lot of minutes.
As many an old sage has said - “It’s not who starts but who finishes” !! Many things go into who starts, need for validation and plain old superstition for two.

Reaction Score
Ark. Posts Jersey Wolfenbarger 6' 5" and Maryam Dauda 6' 4" are both Freshman and Ark has never been a Defensive team so our Posts should have a big advantage but a nice test to see who handles big games better.
Goodness, a Wolfen-Barger and a Poffen-Barger. What are the odds? These are names you can do chin-ups on . . . Tote that barger . . .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that Geno will start all three seniors, CW, Evina, and Olivia, all season, unless they are hurt. He does that most of the time. Now does that mean that they will get more minutes than some other players... NO!!

Reaction Score
Its way too early for that, let's see how Liv and Dorka do against some stronger opponents like Arkansas.....but my guess is that we are going to be seeing more and more of Dorka going forward.
Agree, and they both played against the exact same opponent today, regardless of Div. or talent. Dorka dominated, and Liv, Lived.

Reaction Score

There were games where Liv completely disappeared last year. She is a better shot blocker than Dorka but that's all.

Reaction Score

You are correct that it was only one game, but the opponent was the same for both players, and Dorka looked better. IMO, if Dorka makes threes, she will get the most minutes as that opens the lane for everyone else.

Reaction Score
Knew this thread was coming but not sure play against a D2 opponent warrants a line up change.

Liv didn’t even have a bad game she went 4-7, with 5 rebounds and 3 assists, +34. Dorka had a nice game too going 7-10, with 8 rebounds, +17.

Geno starts Liv for a reason, he spends more time with this team and I think I trust that he wants Liv starting over Dorka. And if down the road he makes the switch to Dorka starting, I’ll trust that. He sees them play much more than one 40 minute game.

Either way I’m happy to have the two, I don’t really care who starts because they’ll likely get similar minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom