Dorka says she's returning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dorka says she's returning

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Fun to live in the basketball present but also entertaining to look into the future:

Assuming for the moment there is no portal addition: after next season we will lose
Dorka. Aubrey will be graduating but have one/maybe 2 years of athletic eligibility left if she so chooses...hoping for
a decision to use at least one of those years.

No Dorka for 2023-2024: Bigs returning... Aaliyah a senior... Piath a senior...Amari a junior...Ice and Ayanna sophs. Geno needs to be hitting the 2023 high school class for a 'big big'....or a portal 2023'er. Ciera is a 'big'...6'4" or so...but she strikes me more a stretch 4 than a physical body-mover in the paint.

BTW: I was not trying to establish as fact that Geno was looking into the 2022 portal for a guard...there have been numerous posts about that possibility...just seems with injuries in the mix that 4 guards may not be enough...'hope' he is out there looking.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Losing three and bringing two in. Still hoping we can land Abby Meyers this off-season, would be a huge get.
A nice get. But IMO there will be a record number of guards (and forwards) in the transfer portal this year. Let's just see what shakes out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1647272713632.jpeg

She certainly is!

Reaction Score
It is merely conjecture. With Dorka coming back and hopefully Aubrey returning healthy, there is absolutely no reason to go after another frontcourt transfer. As for the backcourt, with Paige, Azzi, Nika & Caroline, anyone who transfers in would be looking at coming off the bench.

How many players want to transfer somewhere where they will get reserve minutes, and how many of those players are good enough to contribute at UConn?
Good point ... really tough to recruit a guard who knows those four are in front of you.

Reaction Score
Yes, Now all UCONN needs from the transfer portal is shooting guard!

Reaction Score
I just don't see Aaliyah moving to a wing position as a junior. IMO Caroline will start, Aubrey will back her up if healthy. Ayanna Patterson can give you emergency minutes at the wing spot if need.
Amari Piath (5) C
Dorka Ice (4/5) PF/C
Aaliyah, Patterson (4) PF
Caroline, Aubrey (3) W/SF
Azzi, Abby Meyers* (2) SG
Paige, Nika ( 1) PG

* I'm doing the Lavar Ball thing here and speaking this into existence.
This would be very deep deep squad that would give UCONN the ability to dictate the tempo against ANYONE. It would allow the freshman some time to grow up as well as allow UCONN to put a variety of styles on the court eg. defensive lock down team would feature NIka, Patterson and Aubrey and a lights out shooting team could feature Abby, Azzi, Paige and Caroline.
:p:p Keep banging that drum my man, I'm with ya.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure this was an official announcement. Someone asked Geno the question and he said "she says she is returning". I got the sense that he thought she was leaning that way and telling him she was but still might change her mind.

Reaction Score
Why do I think one of the Husky Women's summer activities will be a series of Exabition games in Hungary? ;) Just kidding but great news and tell Dorka we will vacationing there in July.
I wouldn’t say that’s “just kidding”. UConn is eligible for a team trip to Europe this summer and Geno just did that interview with a Hungarian coach.

Reaction Score
Yes, Now all UCONN needs from the transfer portal is shooting guard!
As has been stated, what shooting guard is going to transfer into a program that already has Paige, Azzi and Caroline?

Reaction Score
Fun to live in the basketball present but also entertaining to look into the future:

Assuming for the moment there is no portal addition: after next season we will lose
Dorka. Aubrey will be graduating but have one/maybe 2 years of athletic eligibility left if she so chooses...hoping for
a decision to use at least one of those years.

No Dorka for 2023-2024: Bigs returning... Aaliyah a senior... Piath a senior...Amari a junior...Ice and Ayanna sophs. Geno needs to be hitting the 2023 high school class for a 'big big'....or a portal 2023'er. Ciera is a 'big'...6'4" or so...but she strikes me more a stretch 4 than a physical body-mover in the paint.

BTW: I was not trying to establish as fact that Geno was looking into the 2022 portal for a guard...there have been numerous posts about that possibility...just seems with injuries in the mix that 4 guards may not be enough...'hope' he is out there looking.
Agree with you here. But the portal might be the best option other than Toomey. For 2024 and '25 the pickings are very slim for big posts. GA and the staff might have to beat the bushes for a couple of smaller bangers like Morrow at DePaul.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In retrospect, it seemed strange that a final decision would be made before she see's what happens in the Tournament,

Reaction Score
So she told Geno, but she just hasn't set it in stone with UConn yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom