Dorka says she's returning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dorka says she's returning

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Fantastic news!

Paige/Azzi/Dorka/Aaliyah and....5th starter is Caroline/Nika?

Those 6 get major minutes...with Aubrey/Ice/Ayanna in the mix for significant PT as well.
Hoping for a summer of improvement for Piath and Amari for much more than end-of-game blow-out time.

Is Geno still looking for a portal guard for next year? I'd guess 'yes'.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kid Dancing GIF

Reaction Score
Fantastic news!

Those 6 get major minutes...with Aubrey/Ice/Ayanna in the mix for significant PT as well.
Hoping for a summer of improvement for Piath and Amari for much more than end-of-game blow-out time.

Ducharme I would think.........

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Fantastic news!

With certain teams Aaliyah may have to compete for playing time with Caroline for the forward/wing position with Nika a the point. For scoring alone I really like Dorka, Aaliyah, Paige, Caroline, and Azzi. Such a bucketful lineup.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I wish the world was in a better place. Geno would always travel to Europe every 4 years for the team to enjoy other cultures and play European professional teams. It would have been great if the team could travel to Hungary and Croatia for Dorka and Nikas senior "Home" game. Obviously Nika would only be a Junior, but overseas trips are limited to every 4 years. Would have been such fun for the girls, the rest of the team, and us, as true fans of these spectacular young ladies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With certain teams Aaliyah may have to compete for playing time with Caroline for the forward/wing position with Nika a the point. For scoring alone I really like Dorka, Aaliyah, Paige, Caroline, and Azzi. Such a bucketful lineup.
I just don't see Aaliyah moving to a wing position as a junior. IMO Caroline will start, Aubrey will back her up if healthy. Ayanna Patterson can give you emergency minutes at the wing spot if need.
Amari Piath (5) C
Dorka Ice (4/5) PF/C
Aaliyah, Patterson (4) PF
Caroline, Aubrey (3) W/SF
Azzi, Abby Meyers* (2) SG
Paige, Nika ( 1) PG

* I'm doing the Lavar Ball thing here and speaking this into existence.
This would be very deep deep squad that would give UCONN the ability to dictate the tempo against ANYONE. It would allow the freshman some time to grow up as well as allow UCONN to put a variety of styles on the court eg. defensive lock down team would feature NIka, Patterson and Aubrey and a lights out shooting team could feature Abby, Azzi, Paige and Caroline.

Reaction Score
Fantastic news!

Do we know he is looking for a portal guard? or is that an anonymous conjecture now being passed as fact.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Do we know he is looking for a portal guard? or is that an anonymous conjecture now being passed as fact.
It is merely conjecture. With Dorka coming back and hopefully Aubrey returning healthy, there is absolutely no reason to go after another frontcourt transfer. As for the backcourt, with Paige, Azzi, Nika & Caroline, anyone who transfers in would be looking at coming off the bench.

How many players want to transfer somewhere where they will get reserve minutes, and how many of those players are good enough to contribute at UConn?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek:I believe the question mark at the end of that sentence would indicate that @Blakeon18 was asking a question and not trying pass anything off as fact.
FYI a few of of are speculating that Geno will recruit a guard/wing from the portal. Since the entire BY is anonymous you have a point sans the part about passing something off as fact.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I think Nika had a big part.

You cant leave Dorka. Will be only European player. :eek: ;);)
Tide her over till little sister comes to Storrs?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a feeling she would return.
I Agree. I could just not see enough good arguments to go. Not sure how she would be viewed by WNBA teams as an important but essentially a bench player. Playing as the prime center on an even stronger and mature next team will boost her prospects dramatically

Reaction Score
I just don't see Aaliyah moving to a wing position as a junior. IMO Caroline will start, Aubrey will back her up if healthy. Ayanna Patterson can give you emergency minutes at the wing spot if need.
Amari Piath (5) C
Dorka Ice (4/5) PF/C
Aaliyah, Patterson (4) PF
Caroline, Aubrey (3) W/SF
Azzi, Abby Meyers* (2) SG
Paige, Nika ( 1) PG

* I'm doing the Lavar Ball thing here and speaking this into existence.
This would be very deep deep squad that would give UCONN the ability to dictate the tempo against ANYONE. It would allow the freshman some time to grow up as well as allow UCONN to put a variety of styles on the court eg. defensive lock down team would feature NIka, Patterson and Aubrey and a lights out shooting team could feature Abby, Azzi, Paige and Caroline.
Downtown Abby?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
This is Great News. IMO she'll be an All American next year as the starting Center for a deep UConn team. She'll also improve her WNBA draft status and end up drafted in the 1st round. I think we'll see the Dorka that played for Ohio St.
Great news. Glad she's coming back and at her age and experience level I am hoping for much better than the Dorka that played for tOSU. She's very skilled but needs to up her strength and ability to stay on her feet and play through contact. With hard off-season work I think she has upside in that area.

PvP

Reaction Score
I see this decision as a mirror image of the decision made by Azure Stevens when she decided to forgo her last year of eligibility. Many of us felt that her decision cost the Huskies the NC the next year. In this case I think Dorka's decision will assure UCONN of another NC next year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom