Dorka & Lou WNBA Draft Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dorka & Lou WNBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see what team gets lucky and draft these very talented young women. They both deserve to go I. The first round. So congratulations to them both. What a amazing year, they both had. And can't wait for them to make a awesome career. Good luck
GO HUSKIES :):):)

Reaction Score
I honestly believe that Lou will be a surprise high draft pick. She runs the floor well, a 40+ 3 point shooter and can create her own shot. While Boston is a very good player she appears to lack stamina and she will not be able to bully WNBA post players as she did in college. I predict that Miller or so other player will go #1.
Dorka really improved the last quarter of the past season and has an excellent chance of being chosen in the first round.
Any GM who passes on Boston at #1 should be fired on the spot. Players with her size and skillset aren't around in very many drafts and if you have a shot at taking her and you pass, shame on you. Keep in mind when she plays in the pros her coach isn't going to crowd the middle so much that she has no place to move.

Reaction Score
Offensively I think both of them are 1st rounders, defensively I'm not too sure. UCONN switches so much on defense it is hard to get a feel for how they would fare in a true one on one environment. Dorka has the size to defend from behind but Lou is going to need to be in front to defend effectively.

If you think Dorka can defend a WNBA level player I think she goes top 5 or 6 if not she will go near the end of the 1st. With Lou I think there are more players fighting for her spot but she did show she can shoot the ball with great accuracy against good competition. That should be her tie breaker.

Should be an interesting night for both of them.

Reaction Score
Any GM who passes on Boston at #1 should be fired on the spot. Players with her size and skillset aren't around in very many drafts and if you have a shot at taking her and you pass, shame on you. Keep in mind when she plays in the pros her coach isn't going to crowd the middle so much that she has no place to move.
But what has she done this year, Cooke and others did all the scoring. She got exposed by Iowa and don't forget that if the bull crap calls, went the other way, uconn would have beat them. So I am hoping that she gets drafted, but don't think she will be a big deal. As Lou and Dorka, played through injuries and made a huge difference on the team. Just my opinion.
Go Huskies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ooh, Lou and Dorka's tables are next to each other. Geno, Chris, and Morgan will be there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dorka really won me over in the post-season this year. I think she can be an asset right from the start.

Dorka is 6'5", skilled, smart, and experienced. I think she'll do well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two of the most astute teams/GMs in the league are Minnesota and Washington. Minnesota picks 2 and 12. Washington picks 4. I think at least one of Lou or Dorka will go in the first round. If they are still available at 12, I see Cheryl picking another Husky.

Reaction Score
While I believe Miller may end up the better player in the long run, I have to agree, Boston will (and should) be the first pick. She will be a very good player (possibly great) from the moment she plays her first WNBA game until she decides to retire! That kind of assurance in the draft is very rare, especially for post players. Top level bigs are as rare as hen’s teeth and In Boston’s case she is elevated even higher due to her intelligence, maturity, and demonstrated quality as a human being. She has been nothing but classy and a stellar role model since she first achieved national prominence. I wish her all the best in life.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some teams have several picks.

Indy 1, 7, 13, 17, 25

Dallas 3, 5, 11, 19, 31

Minny 2, 12, 16, 24, 28

NYL only 30

L Vegas only 36

Many players in the top 20 or so should make a roster.

The show is on!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think top players taking the Covid year is going to be relatively rare. Next year is the last class that has the Covid year option.
If you're a first-rounder, I don't think you take the extra year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom