Dorka, Diamond Miller, and Aliyah Boston | The Boneyard

Dorka, Diamond Miller, and Aliyah Boston

Reaction Score
Dorka has had an amazing showing, dare I say it looking even better than she did at UConn.

I have no doubts Lou’s name would be mentioned if she were healthy. Can’t wait to see her play Basketball again.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Dorka is exceeding all my expectations. I figured she'd be a good contributor but she has made a far more significant impact. Kudos to her! This stuff doesn't happen without lots of hard work.

Reaction Score
I'm telling you, like I mentioned on another post, if dorka gains 10 pounds of muscle and works on strength and conditioning this summer, she is going the a real problem in thr wnba.. Dorka can stretch the floor with her offense and choose to drive for a layup and and one at will. She just needs the strength to finish down the lane.

Reaction Score
Dorka is exceeding all my expectations. I figured she'd be a good contributor but she has made a far more significant impact. Kudos to her! This stuff doesn't happen without lots of hard work.
I've had the same impression. I knew she would be a solid player but I didn't expect her to be this good. She always struggled in 1-on-1 matchups with Boston in college so I thought that would be magnified in the W. In retrospect, Boston was just playing like a seasoned WNBA vet in her senior season, so it was unfair of me to compare anyone's performance against her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dorka has had an amazing showing, dare I say it looking even better than she did at UConn.

I have no doubts Lou’s name would be mentioned if she were healthy. Can’t wait to see her play Basketball again.
I have had the same thought. It stems from the faster pace of the WNBA game and the game being more spread IMO. Dorka can thrive in that environment. She covers the floor pretty fast, put the ball in her hands and its the same, she's got the 3, she'll find the teammate inside and her inside game is pretty darn clever.

Reaction Score
Dorka is the biggest surprise as a breakout player in the W this year. Not many 2nd round draft picks have been so successful right out of the gate.

In watching yesterdays game I focused on Dorka. She looked very comfortable on the floor, with no rookie hesitations. On both D and O she let the game come to her and took advantage of her opportunities whether it was a good pass, taking a jump shot, getting to the rim for layups, or getting to the right spot for a rebound or shot block. It's a pleasure seeing her do so well.

Reaction Score
This has been a better rookie class than was projected at the time of the draft IMO.

Boston thrived in single-coverage for the first 10 games and started demanding double-teams right after that. She’s proven she can score with ease, even in an offense that doesn’t necessarily feature her. I read the other day that the Fever lead the league in opponent points in the paint allowed and Boston’s been a big part of that. Her first season hasn’t been Parker/Stewart/Wilson level but it’s certainly been in the tier below.

Miller has been up and down but when she’s been on she’s looked like a future All-Star. She reminds me of Rhyne Howard with a higher ceiling based on her height and length if she can refine her three-point shot, which has improved as the season has gone on. Her stepthrough move is already near unguardable as a rookie and she’s had some really flashy passing games as well.

Grace Berger’s playing time has increased as the season has progressed to the point that the Fever generally look better when she’s on the floor. I think the biggest thing about Grace is she’s not going to do something stupid with the ball. Makes the right decisions and often steadies the tide.

Jordan Horston has gotten minutes largely in a developmental context, but she’s been productive and has contributed nicely in a rebuilding year for Seattle. Impacts the stat sheet in all sorts of ways and could evolve into a Natasha Howard/Kahleah Copper sort of player if she can improve her efficiency.

Dorka has been the steal of the draft and one of the three locks for the All-Rookie team. I think one thing people tend to take for granted about UConn players is how fundamentally sound they are, even compared to other top programs like SC, LSU, and Stanford. Geno develops players who can impact the game in myriad ways better than anyone else. Dorka has been a great example of that, showing a rebounding and passing prowess that wasn’t as apparent in a UConn system where no one player is the focal point.

All in all I think it’s been a solid draft class. The five I mentioned would be my picks for the All-Rookie Team although I could see Haley Jones getting the nod over Berger.

Reaction Score
I've had the same impression. I knew she would be a solid player but I didn't expect her to be this good. She always struggled in 1-on-1 matchups with Boston in college so I thought that would be magnified in the W. In retrospect, Boston was just playing like a seasoned WNBA vet in her senior season, so it was unfair of me to compare anyone's performance against her.
The college game is also very, very different than the W. It's far more open and there is defensive 3 seconds, which helps a big like Dorka who isn't a traditional, back to the basket post. It also helps that she plays next to a potential MVP inn Collier.

Reaction Score
I think Dorka played really good for UCONN but I also think she played way too many minutes to be her best. Now that she is playing reasonable minutes for a big she is starting to shine. I was one of her doubters early on but anyone that is 6'5 and can shoot and handle the ball is going to get in the game. If you can also get more than 10 rebounds you get to stay in the game and become a star. Well done Dorka!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Rookie stats, sorted by minutes per game. Sortable database here. Players Traditional

Maddy has a 7 +/- but only 4 minutes per game :(

EBCA0026-44F2-4D0A-90DF-125D25F709D4.jpeg

Reaction Score
Rookie stats, sorted by minutes per game. Sortable database here. Players Traditional

Maddy has a 7 +/- but only 4 minutes per game :(

View attachment 91235
Just FYI - this is filtered to just games on 9/3 so if you use the link, you can click the little 'x' next to the dates at the top of the page to remove the date filters and then it'll show the full season. Depending on how you access their stats, the site sometimes applies a pre-filter like that.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just FYI - this is filtered to just games on 9/3 so if you use the link, you can click the little 'x' next to the dates at the top of the page to remove the date filters and then it'll show the full season. Depending on how you access their stats, the site sometimes applies a pre-filter like that.
Thanks. Should have used a PC rather than phone

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sorted it on total points this season: not too shabby for the #16 pick... nice to see Siegrist with some nice numbers as well! NO idea why they don't have a "PPG" column...

1693944161100.png

Reaction Score
I bet a lot on Boston winning ROY on good odds beginning of the season. I thought she would be a shoe in and she was.

Dorka was a pleasant surprise. She found a great spot to land. Very fortunate in that regard, even if she is talented and a hard worker.

Sad for Lou and her injury. I had a bad feeling she would need surgery after she definitely slowed down in the last part of the season. Smart for her to not rush coming back.

Reaction Score
Sorted it on total points this season: not too shabby for the #16 pick... nice to see Siegrist with some nice numbers as well! NO idea why they don't have a "PPG" column...

View attachment 91243
At the top of the page, you should be able to select "per game" instead of Totals, which will toggle the view so you can see that.

Reaction Score
Dorka is the biggest surprise as a breakout player in the W this year. Not many 2nd round draft picks have been so successful right out of the gate.

In watching yesterdays game I focused on Dorka. She looked very comfortable on the floor, with no rookie hesitations. On both D and O she let the game come to her and took advantage of her opportunities whether it was a good pass, taking a jump shot, getting to the rim for layups, or getting to the right spot for a rebound or shot block. It's a pleasure seeing her do so well.
Dorka had better be on the 1st team WNBA All-Rookie team!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom