Dorka, Diamond Miller, and Aliyah Boston | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dorka, Diamond Miller, and Aliyah Boston

Reaction Score
Not too surprised by the play of Aliyah Boston. She is only going to get better. I would have been shocked if she played less that what we saw in college. Diamond, much like Aliyah, not too surprising. She is only going to get better. Dorka. Surprising but not surprising for those of us that have watched her play. As her confidence grew and she got more minutes, especially when she was starting, you could see her feel better and just play fluidity. Her passing ability is nice and only going to get better.

Reaction Score
I bet a lot on Boston winning ROY on good odds beginning of the season. I thought she would be a shoe in and she was.

Dorka was a pleasant surprise. She found a great spot to land. Very fortunate in that regard, even if she is talented and a hard worker.

Sad for Lou and her injury. I had a bad feeling she would need surgery after she definitely slowed down in the last part of the season. Smart for her to not rush coming back.
I am surprised that her free throw percentage is so low. I don't remember her being that poor at the free throw lane but she is really strong in most of the stat lines. She won't be the rookie of the year but I would be pretty shocked if she didn't make the Rookie Team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She's 3rd in minutes, 2nd in rebounding, and 5th in scoring. She's clearly having a top-5 impact. Plus, her team has a better record than that of most rookies.
Dorka’s stats. Players Traditional
Points - #4 (#1 A. Boston)
Offensive, Defensive, & Total Rebounds - #2 (Boston)
Assists - #1
Steals - #3 (1 Boston, 2 Horston)
Fouls - 25 out of 29 (that’s good!) Boston is 29 out of 29
Double-doubles - #2 (Boston)
Minutes played - Boston 1,249 minutes, Dorka 919 minutes

Couple of impressive young women there!

Reaction Score
Folks seem to forget that Dorka had a broken thumb early last season. As she became more confident in her ability to handle the ball, you could see her get more aggressive as the year went on. Her early pro performance appears to be a natural progression.

Reaction Score
Folks seem to forget that Dorka had a broken thumb early last season. As she became more confident in her ability to handle the ball, you could see her get more aggressive as the year went on. Her early pro performance appears to be a natural progression.
Dorka is only going to get better as her confidence grows. She had moments this season, especially the game where her parents came, when she was playing out of her mind! If she plays like that next season, every game, Minnesota is going to be a huge problem. That core of Dorka, Phee, and Diamond could be lethal.

Reaction Score
Hopefully UConn will continue to attract talented players from outside the US. In the not too distant future there could be UConn grads on the national teams of Canada(2), France(2), Portugal, Croatia, Hungary and Egypt.

Reaction Score
From Lynx twitter feed
F6gE76jWgAASQFK.jpg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not really surprised at Dorka's play. I was extremely happy the Lynx drafted her.

Drafted by the Lynx, she went to a team that plays a similar offense to UConn. Cherly Reeves is an excellent coach. She drafts smartly and knows how to use the talents her players have. She has also said many times that UConn players come NBA ready. Dorka came ready.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think Dorka played really good for UCONN but I also think she played way too many minutes to be her best.
Makes sense. Because nobody on that team played harder than Dorka. She was always dialed in and brought that discipline to the bigs. I went to the game last Sunday and I was thinking that if one was watching her for the first time you'd think she was a 5 year vet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom