Dorka and Phee, oh my! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dorka and Phee, oh my!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I know Dorka had a broken wrist and a broken thumb, but she occasionally loses rebounds that she wouldn't if her hands/arms were stronger. I agree--if she gets stronger, she will be a load. I'd also like to see her improve her FT shooting. Some players who were good FT shooters have made themselves elite shooters. I'd like to see Dorka at 75% over the next couple of years or so.
Her 1-5 last night made the Lynx’s game a little more difficul.

Reaction Score
Paige, Azzi and Ines were at the game.

TERRIFIC highlight reel! It looked like a UCONN Husky Practice with
those Collier, DORKA, COLLIER passes! I like the comment on one of
the Boneyard thread about the possibiliy of the Lynx getting Aubrey. Imagine
the "give and go" and diving to the basket possibilities of that group
of UCONN "pros"....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Lordy, Collier reads balls coming off the rim so well. How much of that do y’all think is taught, how much innate, and how much practice?

Dennis Rodman and Anriel Howard were the best I’ve seen at that. I remember an interview with Howard in which she said that her mother told her she couldn’t be great at everything, so she should pick something to be THE BEST at. She was something like 10 or 12 at the time, so she’d been working on rebounding for years before college. Definitely mostly practice in her case.

Reaction Score
I know Dorka had a broken wrist and a broken thumb, but she occasionally loses rebounds that she wouldn't if her hands/arms were stronger. I agree--if she gets stronger, she will be a load. I'd also like to see her improve her FT shooting. Some players who were good FT shooters have made themselves elite shooters. I'd like to see Dorka at 75% over the next couple of years or so.
As long as she allows the ball to rotate sideways off her two outside fingers on all her shots, she'll be inconsistent. Christyn Williams did the same thing. Sometimes happens because of trying to keep the shooting elbow too much under the ball. The ball has to come off the index and middle digits to rotate correctly so just let the elbow rise naturally to just slightly outside the ball. There's a reason Collier has drastically improved her outside shooting. Time for Juhasz to line up some sessions with NC's husband.

Reaction Score
Lordy, Collier reads balls coming off the rim so well. How much of that do y’all think is taught, how much innate, and how much practice?

Dennis Rodman and Anriel Howard were the best I’ve seen at that. I remember an interview with Howard in which she said that her mother told her she couldn’t be great at everything, so she should pick something to be THE BEST at. She was something like 10 or 12 at the time, so she’d been working on rebounding for years before college. Definitely mostly practice in her case.
I would say about 90% innate and the rest would be years of reps.

Reaction Score
Dorka has really blossomed in the WNBA. The second half of last season you could see her developing into a legitimate force. I am just amazed at how quickly she made in her mark in the W. As for Olivia, I was watching some of the game last night and she was really, really good, particularly with her strength around the boards. Geno, and staff learned them good, and their confidence has grown tremendously!
Good point. You could see Dorka getting more and more physical as the year went on. Now if we can just get her to teach DeBerry.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Jefferson was the best scorer on the floor last night. I wish she could be traded to the Lynx. I am glad that Dorka is starting, and Powell is not playing as much as she was.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jefferson was the best scorer on the floor last night. I wish she could be traded to the Lynx. I am glad that Dorka is starting, and Powell is not playing as much as she was.

Mo was let go by Minnesota, or at least not signed. It may have been a salary cap issue. She’s a better PG than anyone on the Lynx roster.

Reaction Score
The Lynx have a better shot at getting Aubrey in the draft. I would say a good replacement for Powers.
They should have a shot at AE and she is going to be a beast at the next level. They could take a chance at Aubrey too, I think she will be available deep into the draft.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They should have a shot at AE and she is going to be a beast at the next level. They could take a chance at Aubrey too, I think she will be available deep into the draft.

At the next level, Aubs could be a great fit for a team that likes to defend and run, but doesn't need a jump shooter or 15 ppg.

Reaction Score
She might be available but I'm hoping she has a big year and goes before the Lynx selection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom