Doomed. Jeff Anderson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Doomed. Jeff Anderson

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Did any of them ref the Miami vs Texas game?

Reaction Score
I don't pay attention to 90% of refs by name. Could somebody post Anderson's transgressions to enlighten casual fans?
Anderson did the Iona game… prior to that

BET L vs Marquette
L - Xavier
W - Marquette
(Stopped looking half way).

Hurley said multiple times he’s not looking at who’s reffing the games anymore because it would give him anxiety. I think he’s focused.

Reaction Score
597BA299-170E-469B-99FF-01B742B430C5.jpeg
597BA299-170E-469B-99FF-01B742B430C5.jpeg

Reaction Score
Is this some silly April Fool's joke?? Emmert had to approve this

Reaction Score
Hopefully it doesn’t matter…but maybe Hawkins can go give him a bear hug and kiss him on the lips just to make sure he’s feeling up for tonight’s game

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Change the system so both coaches approve of the reffing crew. This isn’t the non conference, mid major games. It’s the Final 4, we have the best refs to pick from in the country, this is unacceptable.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If there is a bright side, having a Big East ref vs a non-Big East team might put Miami in foul trouble, especially inside.

Back here in the real world, our guards vs guards who like penetrate is more likely a problem for AJ and Newton and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
If there is a bright side, having a Big East ref vs a non-Big East team might put Miami in foul trouble, especially inside.

Back here in the real world, our guards vs guards who like penetrate is more likely a problem for AJ and Newton and Sanogo.
He does ACC games.

In our games, he let people assault our players.

My worry is he lets a lot of grabbing and mauling of the ball handlers go.

Reaction Score
The problem is, even if Anderson did not have a history officiating UConn games, his style allows for the game to devolve into a rock fight, street fight or whatever you see in the playgrounds. Unfortunately, this is a style that favors Miami more than UConn. If it is called uniformly, no problem. But when have we seen consistent officiating?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The problem is, even if Anderson did not have a history officiating UConn games, his style allows for the game to devolve into a rock fight, street fight or whatever you see in the playgrounds. Unfortunately, this is a style that favors Miami more than UConn. If it is called uniformly, no problem. But when have we seen consistent officiating?
We’re bigger, deeper and have more trouble getting called for fouls. A looser whistle helps us.

Reaction Score
Only positive maybe is Anderson likes the be the “show” and call a lot of fouls. That helps UConn I believe.

Reaction Score
We’re bigger, deeper and have more trouble getting called for fouls. A looser whistle helps us.
No. I disagree. When one team is better than the other, physicality is an equalizer. Loose whistles means Miami can be physical and with hardly any foul trouble. During it's 6 game losing streak, UConn had a hard time with this style of play. UConn went to the line far fewer times than the opponents during this span. We got better, but I am not sure we can win a physical game.

If the game is called tight, Miami's starters will be in foul trouble, as maybe our starters too, but, our depth is much, much, better.

Reaction Score
We don’t get a lot of fouls because we are a jump shooting team and Adams doesn’t like to deal with contact. We are a plenty big team who is ready for physicality and that will help our defensive intensity. Just look at what we did to Arkansas. I think we are built fine for a rock fight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom