dook fans are scared S#%&less we may join the ACC. | The Boneyard

dook fans are scared S#%&less we may join the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Being that I loath dook ( I tried to use a gay word) take this with a grain of salt.

UNC has a good attitude and their fans are generally very knowledgable about basketball. They seem to be looking forward to the match ups with PITT and Quse. Also and rightfully so- they are expecting to compete but wind up on top more times then not (most fans would). I think UNC is very secure with their place right at the top of the college basketball world and their ability to compete.

Dook on the other hand seems scared to death they are going to have to play more then one high caliber team in conference. PITT does not hug- they club you over the head like a baby seal. Quse can be very frustrating to play as we all know.

IF you at some point add UCONN (and I am not sure they will) the extra in conference loss or two they will suffer at the hands of the BE transplants means no more padded ranking for them going into the post season. They seem like spoiled children to me while UNC seems to be relishing the opportunity to play other high quality teams.

You have to respect dook as a team and rat face as a coach- they do many amazing things such as- find 3 white boys every year when they have the pick of most players in the country, they are by far the best spooners of any team in the country (just a guess), they flop better then Kemba. I still can not help but think from their comments they are scared to death to have UCONN on the schedule every year.

Coach K seems to want us- he wants the best basketball conference in the country and we would take the ACC over the top in that regard without a doubt. You would have 5 top 25 type teams every year in some form or fashion- very BE like. The fans not so much.

I might add ANDRE DRUMMOND!!! I just felt like typing that.

Reaction Score
No kidding. You see the poll they had on their board? They should realize that Pitt and Cuse are just there to teach the other ACC schools to clear and clean the Sheriff's office in-case we arrive. :)

Reaction Score
They should be! Then they'd see what real defense looks like instead of the slap the floor and pretend we're playing good defense.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Man I dunno how our teams will adjust to playing in a conference where games are called alot different than Big East games. We all know puke loves taking charges, and I think they're gonna get alot.

Reaction Score
They would only play one or two of Pitt, Cuse, UConn a year at most.

K. wants 16 because it brings the old ACC 8 back together in one division. The 7 former BE schools are in the other division, with either Florida st. or Maryland joining in.

It allows for home and homes.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Every group of fans are similar. UNC has the prohibitive favorite team this season. So their fans aren't worried currently about anyone or anything.

Heck, five days ago everyone was salivating over scrimmage reports. Now those reports are an afterthought for UConn fans. Attitudes change quickly.

From a bb perspective, I'm concerned about the remaining B12 football teams joining with the six + TCU remaining football teams and creating a new hybrid conference of UConn, Kansas, WVU, Cinci, Louisville, Rutgers, TCU, USF, Baylor and Iowa. Not too exciting bb or football wise. I'll take the ACC and any obnoxious fans it has to offer over this hybrid.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
fewer one seeds on the horizon, thus they may not get 2 to 4 home games every dance

Reaction Score
what if there is a transition/exemption period for ND, Gtown, Villanova, and Marquette

UCONN, Kansas, UL, GTown, ND, Nova, Kansas St, Cincy, Baylor, WVU, Marquette...

That's 11 teams that will have legitimate shots at the tourney..

ACC will have...
UNC, Pitt, Duke, Cuse, Maryland, NC State, maybe FSU

Match up the top 4 and I'll like our chances....

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Q: Who is Rashad Anderson talking to?
A: Doesn't matter.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Q: Who is Rashad Anderson talking to?
A: Doesn't matter.

Don't know, but he appears to be reciting a haiku.

willie99

Reaction Score
never gets old

Reaction Score
There is something so wonderful about making Duke into an elitist, entitled White Devil, then beating them with hard- blue collar Undistinguished State University defense. Agreed, never gets old.

Reaction Score
this is pretty much all you need to know about duke

71.jpg

Reaction Score
yeah. duke is sitting around worrying about a team that isn't even in their conference yet. you guys are hilarious.

Reaction Score
yeah. duke is sitting around worrying about a team that isn't even in their conference yet. you guys are hilarious.

Scote has a hard on for Duke, or "dook" I should say, you need to excuse him

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I am a Duke graduate and longtime Boneyard poster/visitor. You can ask JS and HuskyNan for my credentials. :)

Personally, I am ecstatic at the prospect of UConn joining the ACC. For one thing, your football program has made incredible strides, especially since it has only been ten or eleven years since you elevated to Division I-A status. I was at the Fiesta Bowl game in January (with HuskyNan), as I live in Phoenix, and it was great to see the tremendous fan support (and a good mix of students and alumni).

Obviously, the basketball program is one of the premier programs in the country and a top-five program over the last 15 years. The women's basketball program is one of only two to have turned a profit and is the premier program in the country.

Acadmeically, it is a good fit, as UConn is one of the top public institutions in the country (and ranks higher, per US News and World Report, than half of the current ACC members).

From a television perspective, it really shores up the Northeast. Boston College could not deliver that market alone. Adding UConn and Syracuse really shores up the NYC/Boston/Northeast markets

My opinions may not count for much (again, see HuskyNan and JS on that one), but I am excited about the prospect of UConn in the ACC. It is just a "win" on all counts.

willie99

Reaction Score
no, we're the conference and national champs

who are you?

willie99

Reaction Score
I am a Duke graduate and longtime Boneyard poster/visitor. You can ask JS and HuskyNan for my credentials. :)

Personally, I am ecstatic at the prospect of UConn joining the ACC. For one thing, your football program has made incredible strides, especially since it has only been ten or eleven years since you elevated to Division I-A status. I was at the Fiesta Bowl game in January (with HuskyNan), as I live in Phoenix, and it was great to see the tremendous fan support (and a good mix of students and alumni).

Obviously, the basketball program is one of the premier programs in the country and a top-five program over the last 15 years. The women's basketball program is one of only two to have turned a profit and is the premier program in the country.

Acadmeically, it is a good fit, as UConn is one of the top public institutions in the country (and ranks higher, per US News and World Report, than half of the current ACC members).

From a television perspective, it really shores up the Northeast. Boston College could not deliver that market alone. Adding UConn and Syracuse really shores up the NYC/Boston/Northeast markets

My opinions may not count for much (again, see HuskyNan and JS on that one), but I am excited about the prospect of UConn in the ACC. It is just a "win" on all counts.

is it OK to like this guy? I'm kinda torn

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am a Duke graduate and longtime Boneyard poster/visitor. You can ask JS and HuskyNan for my credentials.

Cam is a long time friend. Although he's a Duke fan (and admin of the Devil's Den women's board) he's also just a sports fan - he enjoys all sports and posts unbiased opinions. We consider him an informed source on the women's board where he's well known and liked.

willie, it's OK to like him here, too. :)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Thank you for your interest in UConn Men's Basketball, 2011 NCAA Champions. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom