dook fans are scared S#%&less we may join the ACC. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

dook fans are scared S#%&less we may join the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Cam is a long time friend. Although he's a Duke fan (and admin of the Devil's Den women's board) he's also just a sports fan - he enjoys all sports and posts unbiased opinions. We consider him an informed source on the women's board where he's well known and liked.

willie, it's OK to like him here, too. :)

Ha, thank you, HuskyNan!

It is true...I like all sports. Have seaons tickets to the Arizona Cardinals. Have season tickets (quarter package, 11 games) to the Phoenix Suns. Have posted on the Boneyard for almost nine years (started back when it was on the Rivals site).

My guess (and it is only a guess) that some Duke fans feel the same way about Coach Calhoun as some UConn fans feel about Coach K. That is not going to change, as it is a part of "fandom."

But I think if everyone looks past personal feelings about Coach K or Coach Calhoun (or both), I think the general consensus is that UConn would make a great addition to the ACC and its inclusion should be welcomed by all (or most, since "all is a little too kumbaya).

Reaction Score
Man I dunno how our teams will adjust to playing in a conference where games are called alot different than Big East games. We all know puke loves taking charges, and I think they're gonna get alot.
ding ding ding ding ding

that would be my only fear. but at some point, once you start watering down the original bunch of , what was once the wuss conference might grow a pair of nuts. you have to include miami, va tech, and florida state with the out of towners here. add cuse, pitt, and UConn, and even BC, and that's roughly half the conference. tip one of the originals, like clemson, away from calling touch fouls, and we'll see.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I guess some of us are more afraid we won't have the option of making them afraid.

Reaction Score
I for one think its crazy to say that Duke is scared, they are just really bitter about the missing out on "their" national championships. Also, its not a given that a tighter called game would detriment the team. Look at last year - Uconn won every non conference game, which were called much tighter and this benefited Kemba and the team enormously. In the Big East, hand checks would go uncalled whereas in the tourney's, Kemba would be shooting 1 and 1's ten minutes in.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Kinda balances are fear of not getting into the ACC!

Reaction Score
ding ding ding ding ding

that would be my only fear. but at some point, once you start watering down the original bunch of , what was once the wuss conference might grow a pair of nuts. you have to include miami, va tech, and florida state with the out of towners here. add cuse, pitt, and UConn, and even BC, and that's roughly half the conference. tip one of the originals, like clemson, away from calling touch fouls, and we'll see.

Reaction Score
I'm declaring that with a bunch of head-banging, "I'm gonna choke you while I slam you to the floor and not get called for it" Big East teams in the ACC, they will have no option other than to welcome a good beating, and do their damndest to dish one out. I just can't see Pitt and UConn doing a lot of -style flopping, floor-slapping and the like. In tournament play, it seems to me that you have more Big East/Big Ten style officiating.

(For the experts out there...) Is that true, and in your opinion will some of the officiating and officials transfer to the ACC as well?

Reaction Score
I do not think it is an issue for us (if that ever matters). We are not a team that beats you down we use length, quickness and athletic ability on D.

PITT is going to get killed- their style of play is the polar opposite to the ACC style.
Quse uses a lot of hand checks in their zone D- if they call that sort of ticky tack BS in the ACC they will have some adjustments to make as well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I do not think it is an issue for us (if that ever matters). We are not a team that beats you down we use length, quickness and athletic ability on D.

PITT is going to get killed- their style of play is the polar opposite to the ACC style.
Quse uses a lot of hand checks in their zone D- if they call that sort of ticky tack BS in the ACC they will have some adjustments to make as well.

Yep. Agree here. Pitt will require a major adjustment, which will require them to get a different type of recruit. Not so many blue collar scrabblers. Being in the ACC might help them recruit farther afield though, which is what they'll need to do.

Cuse will be OK from a physical perspective imo. They can reduce the hand checking, grabbing easily enough. What may be difficult for them, is that ACC teams (particularly Duke and UNC) can typically shoot the lights out from outside. Once these guys see the zone on a regular basis, they should be able to pick it apart (a la UConn). Cuse gets a lot of non conference wins through lack of familiarity alone.

We've proven time and again in tournaments that we can play any type of game and clean house. No worries there.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

+1.

Although Kemba would have struggled driving to the lane with all the floppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom