Don't know if this was out there but Diamond Deshields Top 5.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Don't know if this was out there but Diamond Deshields Top 5..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
She just visited UNC. Therefore she is likely considering all 5. UConn the favorite still, like someone else said she mentioned UCONN first because that is what is on her mind. It is likely the author just copied what she texted him and pasted it as a tweet. UCONN has been listed as her favorite for a long time now and there really has been nothing to change that. Sometimes in recruiting you can just get an idea of where a kid favors. I had mentioned here that Reimer was going to play at ND and so did others just by reading the tea leaves. Same situation here except Diamond will commit in the fall after official visits. UConn likely landing spot in my opinion.

So, you're saying she mentioned who was on her mind first ? Hmmm.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2012/mar/17/deshields-proves-physical-mental-toughness/?sports

Reaction Score
Not that anyone asked, but I think it is a much better approach to not take too seriously the speculation about Diamond or any other recruit, or rumors about what they may or may not have said, thought, or confided to one person or another. I'm really content with the "be happy" sensation I am feeling about our incoming class and the team we will definitely have (if we avoid injuries) for the next couple seasons. When it comes to recruits it's all ultimately unknowable and certainly uncontrollable. I'm sticking with the certainty of the great team we will put on the court starting this fall! Once they become commits...that is different. But it is kind of fun watching the layers of speculation pile up... :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Still can't figure out why UNC is on her list. Especially over Duke.

sadcat.jpg

Thanks. I take this as well-informed, and it suggests Duke is out.

saddudewalking.gif

Reaction Score
Duke and UNC are two completely different type of schools. UNC large public school, Duke small private school. Some kids like big schools some like small.

Reaction Score
^^^ meant to add above its not hard to see why she would like one more than the other. the only things they share in common are they are close and play in the acc. the type of school, type of students everything else is just different.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
^^^ meant to add above its not hard to see why she would like one more than the other. the only things they share in common are they are close and play in the acc. the type of school, type of students everything else is just different.

For non athletes, getting into Duke is extremely competitive, as is NC(especially if you are an out of state applicant). Both are fine Universities.

Reaction Score
She will know what will be expected of her from day 1.........KML, Breanna, Bria will give her the low down, UCONN is not a Country Club and has the perks of Augusta......

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IMO if Diamond wasnt coming, Geno would be looking...for someone else. Hes not???? I like our chances.

Reaction Score
It is crazy how UNC is in the running for top players almost every year. It must be all of those shirts, hoodies, socks, shoes and hats Hatcher sends out to possible recruits... The same goes with Duke. They have gotten a ton of top 20 players since P has been there and almost all of them get worse.

Reaction Score
It is crazy how UNC is in the running for top players almost every year. It must be all of those shirts, hoodies, socks, shoes and hats Hatcher sends out to possible recruits... The same goes with Duke. They have gotten a ton of top 20 players since P has been there and almost all of them get worse.

You sound bitter. Why is Russell considering Louisville? It must be all the Adidas gear Walz gives out. They have had a ton of good players who transfer out at an alarming rate. Kids must not like life at Louisville. This was all TIC trying to mimic your post but you get the point. I would say UNC or Duke are much more attractive than Louisville and you don't see people on here bashing Louisville so why are you talking down other schools?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

image-6D66_4FA38CAF.jpg

Since Im only a guest here...... I'll refrain from bashing Louisville..... on THIS board :rolleyes: I do find it interesting that a fan of a team with ONE final 4 appearance in school history....... no major conference titles..... maybe one top 5 appearance in the major polls... ever..... can bash Duke or even UNC. I guess because they are on the lists of a few top recruits in the 2013 class ??? :rolleyes:

Meh ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro