Don't know if this was out there but Diamond Deshields Top 5.. | The Boneyard

Don't know if this was out there but Diamond Deshields Top 5..

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UNC? That kind of seems like a sinking ship in comparison to the other 4 listed.

Reaction Score
prob cause she'll get a lot of playing time at unc, my guess

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She could get a lot of playing time at Baylor. However, her final list does have an ACC tint to it.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
That list has been around for a long time. My guess is that UTenn and UNC may have dropped off with both programs mired in uncertainty.

Reaction Score
The guys that tweeted that was like two days ago.. And she took another unofficial to Unc last weekend after the Boo Williams tourney
That list has been around for a long time. My guess is that UTenn and UNC may have dropped off with both programs mired in uncertainty.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
UnC? Crazy. Must be a personal reason.

Reaction Score
I thought I read somewhere that she was down to UCONN and Maryland??

Reaction Score

She just visited UNC. Therefore she is likely considering all 5. UConn the favorite still, like someone else said she mentioned UCONN first because that is what is on her mind. It is likely the author just copied what she texted him and pasted it as a tweet. UCONN has been listed as her favorite for a long time now and there really has been nothing to change that. Sometimes in recruiting you can just get an idea of where a kid favors. I had mentioned here that Reimer was going to play at ND and so did others just by reading the tea leaves. Same situation here except Diamond will commit in the fall after official visits. UConn likely landing spot in my opinion.

JS

Reaction Score
That was clarified to being an Altavilla recruiting source's notion of the top two as of mid-March. There's been no trimming of the list of five, which is the same in the recent tweet as it was then.

Reaction Score
That was clarified to being an Altavilla recruiting source's notion of the top two as of mid-March. There's been no trimming of the list of five, which is the same in the recent tweet as it was then.

You can trim the list down to Maryland, UConn, North Carolina and Tennessee. Those four schools still have a shot.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
You can trim the list down to Maryland, UConn, North Carolina and Tennessee. Those four schools still have a shot.

It's gonna be a long summer, hoping for a Diamond in Storrs ---

diamond-big_3ubx.jpg

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Still can't figure out why UNC is on her list. Especially over Duke.

JS

Reaction Score
Thanks. I take this as well-informed, and it suggests Duke is out.

Hope that's not in a particular order, although we've been aware of a strong MD push.

Reaction Score
Still can't figure out why UNC is on her list. Especially over Duke.

It's a great university and they have a great coach.

Maybe the talent isn't there right now, but I think if she committed to them, talent would follow. Would enough talent follow to make them into an immediate contender? Who knows? But I don't think what UNC did this year will be any indication of what they will be in two years, if they have Diamond on their roster.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
It's a great university and they have a great coach.

Maybe the talent isn't there right now, but I think if she committed to them, talent would follow. Would enough talent follow to make them into an immediate contender? Who knows? But I don't think what UNC did this year will be any indication of what they will be in two years, if they have Diamond on their roster.
It is a great University, no question. But so is Duke and they are only about 20 miles apart, or less. And Duke right now has a lot more talent on their 2013 roster.

So I guess Diamond just likes Hatchell and her coaches better than McCallie and hers, and I can see that as a possibility, easily.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It is a great University, no question. But so is Duke and they are only about 20 miles apart, or less. And Duke right now has a lot more talent on their 2013 roster.

So I guess Diamond just likes Hatchell and her coaches better than McCallie and hers, and I can see that as a possibility, easily.
one other thing, and i'm not suggesting that it's THE deciding factor, but Tricia Stafford-Odom was the lead recruiter for Duke (she may have been the Chris Dailey of Duke - but if not I believe she was the lead recruiter) but she left and went to UNC. i get that ultimately a player is going to play for the HC, but they do establish good relationships with the asst coach who was recruiting them so it's possible that Duke has been behind the 8-ball recently with recruiting due to Tricia's defection. i think she left in August 2011, but it wasn't exactly an amicable split either.

HGN

Reaction Score
Who knows what these players are thinking... But Likely it gets down to whether they think they are going to get PT ; or want to be on a National Championship team and get that playing time. I hope its the latter. In the case of DeShields I think its the latter. She obviously can go to UNC and get plenty of PT. And probably no NC. Or she can come to UConn and get PT and have a good shot at a NC because she won't have to carry the full load. There have been many players that Geno has recruited that went elsewhere and got all the PT they wanted and NO NC.....( EDD ; Nneka ; and Diggins come to mind). And during that era , UConn won at least 2 National Titles.

So I hope DD knows that she can come to UConn and get plenty of PT . And probably a couple of NC's to go along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom