Donovan Mitchell on campus | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Mitchell on campus

Reaction Score
Sort of beyond the point. He spend a ton of time in CT and had serious ties here. You can't just loop 50-75 other schools in here and have it make sense.
All of that means nothing. We recruited him, offered him and he didn't commit. Any kid who commits based upon geography is nuts.

Reaction Score
All of that means nothing. We recruited him, offered him and he didn't commit. Any kid who commits based upon geography is nuts.

We don’t go equally hard after every kid we offer. Doesn’t seem like we really recruited him very hard after offering early. Probably more to the story, but just an offer isn’t everything.

And geography has a lot to do with where kids go to school. Obviously not the end all be all and it matters differently to every kid, but it’s a factor.

Reaction Score
He went to school in Connecticut since he was 8 years old. He lived in Connecticut since he was a teenager.

Ok you win. As long as we forget he played AAU for the Rens from NY, played his HS and collegiate summers at Rucker Park and his last 2 years were at Brewster Academy. Hmmmm sounds like most CT kids huh?

Reaction Score
Ok you win. As long as we forget he played AAU for the Rens from NY, played his HS and collegiate summers at Rucker Park and his last 2 years were at Brewster Academy. Hmmmm sounds like most CT kids huh?
No, you're right he's clearly your typical basketball player who prepped in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
If I'm being honest, yes that sounds like a lot of elite CT basketball players

Reaction Score
You guys did all you could do and he still went with Slick Rick, UConn has no excuse on this one.

Tim Duncan and White Chocolate were supposed to play for the Friars, that's gotta hurt more than anything.

Reaction Score
If I'm being honest, yes that sounds like a lot of elite CT basketball players

Ok cool I missed them all that went that route so please educate me? Had no idea.

Reaction Score
Ok cool I missed them all that went that route so please educate me? Had no idea.
Elite Connecticut basketball players often play AAU out of state for programs like the Rens (Heron) and Expressions Elite (Waters, Jones.) And all the elite kids go to get some run at the Rucker. You're also wrong about Mitchell playing for the NY Rens, he never played for them.

Reaction Score
Any kid who commits based upon geography is nuts.
Do you realize that a lot of recruits do this? Think about all the recruits who stay close to home. Just like a lot of regular college students do.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

This doesn’t make sense. Example, Blake griffin went to OU.. I bet being from OU had something to do with that.

Reaction Score
Elite Connecticut basketball players often play AAU out of state for programs like the Rens (Heron) and Expressions Elite (Waters, Jones.) And all the elite kids go to get some run at the Rucker. You're also wrong about Mitchell playing for the NY Rens, he never played for them.

Screwed up meant the Riverside Hawks sincere apologies. Waters and Heron? 2 more guys we never had a chance with who were “CT kids”.

Which Jones are you speaking of? Kid that ended up at Xavier I hear was seriously considering UConn and shame on our coaches for not seeing the impact he could’ve made.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom