Donovan Clingan | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Haven't seen this posted. Highlight of Clingan's team vs Team Rio (Gaffney's old team, I believe)

I count 10 points, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 3 block. Obviously not everything because it's a team highlight. Most points in garbage time. Seemed to be in foul trouble early.

His size really changes the way people have to play at the rim. He's huge.

Foul trouble really hampered this game for him. He is a good passer but needs to stay on the ground and not lean into players as his size will make it hard for anyone shooting over or trying to go over the top of him

Reaction Score
Haven't seen this posted. Highlight of Clingan's team vs Team Rio (Gaffney's old team, I believe)

I count 10 points, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 3 block. Obviously not everything because it's a team highlight. Most points in garbage time. Seemed to be in foul trouble early.

His size really changes the way people have to play at the rim. He's huge.

He's huge, but it seemed the opponents had him twisted in knots and were able to score inside pretty much at will. Time and again he looked like a battleship at Pearl Harbor with Zeroes buzzing around and getting shots off while he had his back to the shooter.
On offense he didn't use his body to get inside and finish plays. Almost like the speed of the other team made him rush his shots.

Reaction Score

Go get em!

1620663006354.gif

Reaction Score
Kid looks ridiculous wearing a mask on court. Only kid on the court with one on and it's hanging below his mouth, ?
Have you watched any youth sports this year?

Kids have them on but pull them down when they need to deep breathe and catch breath. It is very very common.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Kids have them on but pull them down when they need to deep breathe and catch breath. It is very very common.

I played golf last Monday and as we came through the back nine, two HS golf teams were teeing off. All had masks. Outside on a breezy day. Just beyond absurd really. I have friends with sons who run track, and they wore masks at outdoor meets. Crazy.

Reaction Score
I played golf last Monday and as we came through the back nine, two HS golf teams were teeing off. All had masks. Outside on a breezy day. Just beyond absurd really. I have friends with sons who run track, and they wore masks at outdoor meets. Crazy.
They still have the rims down at outdoor basketball courts near me, it's insanity.

Reaction Score

If he was on a court with 9 other kids all wearing masks I wouldn't be critiquing his mask-wearing etiquette. What I'm commenting on is the fact that no one else was wearing a mask on court. If the tournament isn't enforcing mask wearing on court (fine by me) then why on earth would someone walk out there with a mask as a chin strap. If you insist on wearing it, wear it. Who knows, he's a teenager so he may just have been covering up some chin acne ?‍♂️

Reaction Score
If he was on a court with 9 other kids all wearing masks I wouldn't be critiquing his mask-wearing etiquette. What I'm commenting on is the fact that no one else was wearing a mask on court. If the tournament isn't enforcing mask wearing on court (fine by me) then why on earth would someone walk out there with a mask as a chin strap. If you insist on wearing it, wear it. Who knows, he's a teenager so he may just have been covering up some chin acne ?‍♂️
Good thing you didn't pick something insignificant to complain about.

Reaction Score
They pull down the masks when they need to breathe better. And there are sometimes rules depending on the leagues that allow that. And I've seen entire teams masked while others aren't. My kids do this all the time, they get winded and need to pull down the masks. And it's allowed.

Reaction Score
Not complaining, just having a laugh at the absurdity of it. I would gladly watch him run out with a mask on his chin and another on his forehead in 2022 if he does so as a husky.
I really don't understand what is absurd, since players pull them down, and pull them up constantly.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand what is absurd, since players pull them down, and pull them up constantly.
Alright, last time I'm doing this because I've already explained it once to you. If you watch the "7'1" Donovan Clingan's TEAM SPARTANS vs. TEAM RIO | Hoop Group JAM FEST Championship" video posted above you'll notice that is a compilation of highlights from one individual game from this tournament. Now, during this game there is legitimately one athlete on the floor with a mask on his head, Bristol's finest. So, what does that mean? Well, as most of the players are out there without anything on their faces you can deduce that there is no mask mandate for this competition. Therefore Donny is electing to wear a mask on his face, nothing inherently wrong with that, perhaps he was showing an abundance of caution due to a cough or some other minor symptoms he's experiencing. Where the absurdity kicks in is when you notice that Donovan wore his mask correctly maybe once or twice throughout the game. Which begs the question, why wear the mask in the first place?

I think the disconnect we're having is that you think I don't understand playing basketball in a mask is hard. I do, which is why I don't find Samson Johnson running around with his nose out (along with literally everyone else on court with him) funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom