Donovan Clingan | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Exciting to see we're still on Rodney without Kenya. He's a solid player and getting the best hs coaching a kid can get. I wonder who is spearheading that recruitment?
Probably Dan until Murray can talk to him.

Reaction Score
What does he say about UConn?

Weird, I read it earlier but it's behind the paywall now.

He gave pretty canned answers. Said he thought he would fit well in our offense, and that the staff has been on him for a long time and he respects that.

Said he was really impressed with how Pikiell has brought Rutgers back and made the unranked guys perform well.

Thinks Howard is a big mans coach at Michigan. Thinks he would fit in well with their offense.

Reaction Score
So heard that Georgetown offered three of DC's AAU teammates this week, including Matt Curtis. Ewing knows DC is close to those teammates...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So heard that Georgetown offered three of DC's AAU teammates this week, including Matt Curtis. Ewing knows DC is close to those teammates...
Then he'll transfer after 1 season of mediocrity.

Reaction Score
Then he'll transfer after 1 season of mediocrity.
Idk man GTown is trending upwards and just won the BET. They have the 13th ranked class coming in with a 5* guard and lots of returning players. Lost Wahab... but they’re still going to be tough.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Idk man GTown is trending upwards and just won the BET. They have the 13th ranked class coming in with a 5* guard and lots of returning players. Lost Wahab... but they’re still going to be tough.
They stink. Next year this time Ewing will be either gone or their fans will be complaining that he isn’t.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
They stink. Next year this time Ewing will be either gone or their fans will be complaining that he isn’t.
So winning the BET was luck? Or the BE stinks?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So winning the BET was luck? Or the BE stinks?
The Big East wasn't that good last year, and they got hot at the end of the season. You could argue we know a thing or two about the latter point.

Reaction Score
While I'm sure he'd love to follow his teammates, everything we've heard is that this is really a two horse race between us and Michigan. Would be very surprised if he went anywhere else.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
They played a Nova team coming off losing their PG then got extremely lucky that Creighton had their worst shooting performance in years.
Yeah, I really wish it wasn’t the case but GTown has been one stiff breeze away from the bottom falling off that program. The recruiting class is encouraging but with all the transfers and departures a few years in a row now is a lot of smoke that the culture inside the program is really not good.

It would be great for the league if gtown and Creighton could keep their s@*! together but it’s not looking too promising that either of those will happen.

I mean, offering DCs whole AAU team (and we’re not talking Team Final here) is a pretty big flag of recruiting desperation and not of a healthy program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, I really wish it wasn’t the case but GTown has been one stiff breeze away from the bottom falling off that program. The recruiting class is encouraging but with all the transfers and departures a few years in a row now is a lot of smoke that the culture inside the program is really not good.

It would be great for the league if gtown and Creighton could keep their s@*! together but it’s not looking too promising that either of those will happen.

I mean, offering DCs whole AAU team (and we’re not talking Team Final here) is a pretty big flag of recruiting desperation and not of a healthy program.

They offered 3 guys from the spartans aau program fwiw.

2 of those guys have never gotten a high major offer before and they're juniors. Curtis has one from Rutgers and I'm not sure it's really been followed up on.

This says a lot more about Georgetown than it does the kids.

Reaction Score
Weird, I read it earlier but it's behind the paywall now.

He gave pretty canned answers. Said he thought he would fit well in our offense, and that the staff has been on him for a long time and he respects that.

Said he was really impressed with how Pikiell has brought Rutgers back and made the unranked guys perform well.

Thinks Howard is a big mans coach at Michigan. Thinks he would fit in well with their offense.
Remember pikiell born/raised In Bristol CT to. St.paul HS star and former husky

Reaction Score
Haven't seen this posted. Highlight of Clingan's team vs Team Rio (Gaffney's old team, I believe)

I count 10 points, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 3 block. Obviously not everything because it's a team highlight. Most points in garbage time. Seemed to be in foul trouble early.

His size really changes the way people have to play at the rim. He's huge.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven't seen this posted. Highlight of Clingan's team vs Team Rio (Gaffney's old team, I believe)

I count 10 points, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 3 block. Obviously not everything because it's a team highlight. Most points in garbage time. Seemed to be in foul trouble early.

His size really changes the way people have to play at the rim. He's huge.

5 looks pretty solid

Reaction Score
Just watched him play in kc.... awful.
I’ll post an update later. Number 0 for the Spartans was their best player.

Reaction Score
Just watched him play in kc.... awful.
I’ll post an update later. Number 0 for the Spartans was their best player.

#0 is that kid that plays with Dasonte Bowen at Worcester Academy. Kalua Onya or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom