Donovan Clingan | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's the noun to which your pronoun "it" refers?
Without that information, how could I or anyone else evaluate your question and offer an intelligent answer?
What's the noun to which your pronoun "it" refers?
Without that information, how could I or anyone else evaluate your question and offer an intelligent answer?
Now you're really making me yawn.

Reaction Score
Back to Clingan, I don't think he winds up at UConn. I think he ends up at Michigan and UConn lands another Center who is 6'10" or so.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Another unofficial

Unofficially screwed.

Mostly a joke, I don’t think that’s too worrisome but I know some people will freak. He doesn’t need an official here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My experience is only with students teachers and new teachers, but the only ones I've had problems with are from UConn. The sample size is only 20 or so, so I wouldn't call it huge, but I'd imagine that you're gonna see better work out of UConn grads than CCSU on average, just because it's so easy to get into and graduate from central.

I don't think we will see eye to eye on this one though. Which is fine, you're not a maniac like these other guys lol.

I know people from all over the country through sports mostly. People don't really know the UConn brand outside of basketball. I think when people hear a flagship state school name like UVM or UConn, they just sort of assuming the same thing unless it's a huge academic brand like Michigan or Virginia, (vomits) UNC. You instantly associate those schools with academics if I ask about a program. I'll agree that any kind of directional school probably sounds less prestigious on the surface.

Alumni presence is a totally different animal. I'm not talking about alumni hiring or having a big presence anywhere. I'm talking about non-UConn alumni perceptions of the academics of the program.

FWIW--the new Secretary of Ed went to UConn for his 092 certification and EdD degrees. Apparently, the NEAG school of education has had a HUGE increase in application and competitiveness for admissions since then, and they are anticipating more in the next year.

For the record, the Secretary of Education went to CCSU for undergrad. 4 years at Central before he stepp d foot in Storrs - let's put some if the UConn superiority where it belongs - in the garbage.

Reaction Score
This whole thing is starting to take on a Diamond Stone smell, and that ain't good.
I'm not sure I'd say that. Diamond Stone had a stink to it due to the recruitment. The fact that Donovan might go to a school coached by a big man, who has had a lot of recent success with big men, with a system friendly to players of his skillset, in a conference that is known for that style of play, and which he has reportedly been a fan of his entire life, is just not remotely the same as what happened with Diamond Stone.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Another unofficial

There will be a lot of pressure on him to commit while at Michigan maybe a silent one.

I am hopeful he ends up at UConn, but we will see

Reaction Score
You're reading his post wrong, he's saying this isn't comparable to the Diamond Stone recruitment because Donovan isn't trying to cash in
I deleted. Few too many bourbons impacting my reading comprehension

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I grew up in CT but went out of state to one of the public ivies (not UM but similar level) for undergrad in the late 90s, where I was Pre-Med. At the time, I was warned by my buddies not to take Physics at my uni under penalty of academic masochism. So instead I opted for Physics 1 & 2 at UConn during one of my summers at home. The level of difficulty vs my other Pre-Med courses wasn't comparable.

That said, UConn's programs are excellent and only getting better and, if I had to do it over again, I probably would have seriously considered UConn (certainly would have been a hell of a lot less expensive).
If you were from Florida or Iowa would UConn be on your radar screen?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you were from Florida or Iowa would UConn be on your radar screen?

A have a kid in HS. Has lived only in Virginia and Florida. UConn is only school outside of the south on the radar. So yes, interest can be passed down via fandom even if you live outside the northeast.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
If he chooses UConn great. If he doesn’t, kick rocks. We rolled out the red carpet for him, if he goes to Michigan then so be it I won’t lose sleep.
This is a great attitude and contribution. Thank god you don't run our recruiting.

Reaction Score
A have a kid in HS. Has lived only in Virginia and Florida. UConn is only school outside of the south on the radar. So yes, interest can be passed down via fandom even if you live outside the northeast.
We're also down in VA and I've given my daughter the UConn bug via basketball. To answer the earlier question, while UConn isn't in the top public category with the likes of UM, UNC, UVA, Berkley, and UCLA, I'd say it's solidly in the second tier with OSU, PSU, Florida, etc. So, yes, I think UConn gets plenty of academic exposure outside of the Northeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom