2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went to see Clingan tonight vs Wolcott. Tallest kid on the other team was probably 6’0 at best. First half they looked to throw the ball into him consistently and he showed good one dribble power moves to the right. Defensively he was blocking any layup attempt and the other team stopped taking any shots inside the arc. Second half the team didn’t look inside very much but the other team was overmatched. Overall a performance you would expect watching a 7 footer play in the CCC.

Reaction Score
Went to see Clingan tonight vs Wolcott. Tallest kid on the other team was probably 6’0 at best. First half they looked to throw the ball into him consistently and he showed good one dribble power moves to the right. Defensively he was blocking any layup attempt and the other team stopped taking any shots inside the arc. Second half the team didn’t look inside very much but the other team was overmatched. Overall a performance you would expect watching a 7 footer play in the CCC.
Was also at game. Think he had 14pts ( on 7 of 8 shooting), probably 11-12 rebounds and 5 to 6 blocks in first half. Only played the 3rd qtr ( think 2 pts) and I agree, they never looked for him. Not sure if that is because BCHS pulled away by over 20 and were trying to get others involved.
Seemed to me he could score at will. But BCHS players are not very adept at getting him the ball.
He doesn't really box out (doesn't need to) vs these smaller teams. Would be interesting to see him vs players his size. They play New Britian next Friday, and that should be a good test.

I love him as a player. Not turning 16 till Feb( and already 7', 250 lbs). He finishes very well with both hands, unselfish ( sometimes to a fault), very good passer and seems to have basketball smarts.
I think sky is the limit.

Reaction Score
Was also at game. Think he had 14pts ( on 7 of 8 shooting), probably 11-12 rebounds and 5 to 6 blocks in first half. Only played the 3rd qtr ( think 2 pts) and I agree, they never looked for him. Not sure if that is because BCHS pulled away by over 20 and were trying to get others involved.
Seemed to me he could score at will. But BCHS players are not very adept at getting him the ball.
He doesn't really box out (doesn't need to) vs these smaller teams. Would be interesting to see him vs players his size. They play New Britian next Friday, and that should be a good test.

I love him as a player. Not turning 16 till Feb( and already 7', 250 lbs). He finishes very well with both hands, unselfish ( sometimes to a fault), very good passer and seems to have basketball smarts.
I think sky is the limit.

I expect they get annihilates by New Britain. Glastonbury set the standard for how to beat them. Play donovan physical and he's not much of a factor.

Reaction Score
I expect they get annihilates by New Britain. Glastonbury set the standard for how to beat them. Play donovan physical and he's not much of a factor.
Would love to disagree with you, but I can't. I don't think Donovan's supporting cast is good enough to hang with real good teams. In their defense, they are mostly sophomores and juniors. Again New Britian will be a good baramoter to see how good they are.

Reaction Score
Would love to disagree with you, but I can't. I don't think Donovan's supporting cast is good enough to hang with real good teams. In their defense, they are mostly sophomores and juniors. Again New Britian will be a good baramoter to see how good they are.

Glastonbury was the barometer imo. And bristol got hammered. That is a good, disciplined team. D1. They lost a lot, but the coaches are confident they can make a splash in the tourney

Donovan isn't a physically dominant player that can carry a team. He's tall and skilled for his size.

F

FanMan

They play Greenwich Monday night. Should be a good game. I thought BC played well. When one player isn't the sole threat, which happened last night, that team IS a team. From what I saw last night, Donovan did well getting the rest of the team involved with his passing. As far as the physicality part goes, he can't. He's always double and triple teamed and when a 7 footer gets physical with smaller players, that 7 footer gets called for the fouls as far as what I've seen. He finished with 18 points, I think 14 or 15 rebounds and I think 7 blocks. Not bad numbers for 3 quarters. His free throw shooting needs help badly. The important part of last night was the rest of the teams ability to be successful. If BC can maintain that type of basketball, I think they can have a better season than last. That is the goal for this year I would think. Prep school talk and all that should be left for after the season. We all know coaching is better at the nepsac level and team mates as well. But from what I'm told, Donovan is staying focused on this season with BC. Which is in my opinion, what he should be doing. He's a sophomore and none of us know what he's gonna do. I hope I can get to catch some of his AAU games next season after is all said and done with this high school season. I'd like to see him play in that environment.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind a reclassify and redshirt. Have our coaches develop his game in Hurley's system.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind a reclassify and redshirt. Have our coaches develop his game in Hurley's system.

He's 3 years away seeing a college court if he wanted to. No one looks good as a sophomore. This is a decision you make in 2 years.

Reaction Score
He's one big Clingan.

tall-klingon.jpg

Reaction Score
Glastonbury was the barometer imo. And bristol got hammered. That is a good, disciplined team. D1. They lost a lot, but the coaches are confident they can make a splash in the tourney

Donovan isn't a physically dominant player that can carry a team. He's tall and skilled for his size.
Are there any good teams in CT. public these days??? Kid is a stud, he needs better comp for his development.

Reaction Score
Are there any good teams in CT. public these days??? Kid is a stud, he needs better comp for his development.

I mean East Catholic and some others wi send kids to d1. But not the level donovan should be trying to play at. If he does stay it would be an anomaly from what I can remember.

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Reaction Score
Going to see Clingan tonight vs Greenwhich. Will update later.

Halftime. Bristol Central 30 Greenwich 22. First thing that pops out is his teammates inability to feed him the ball. Needs to see more action down low especially considering the tallest kid on Greenwich is 6’2”. He had a couple of solid dropsteps, shoutout carlton, and nice finishes. Footwork isnt the best and his rebounding definitely needs to improve. Not super impressed, but for a sophomore he will get a lot better. Needs to get himself enrolled at putnam science immediately.

DB24MTN

Reaction Score
Halftime. Bristol Central 30 Greenwich 22. First thing that pops out is his teammates inability to feed him the ball. Needs to see more action down low especially considering the tallest kid on Greenwich is 6’2”. He had a couple of solid dropsteps, shoutout carlton, and nice finishes. Footwork isnt the best and his rebounding definitely needs to improve. Not super impressed, but for a sophomore he will get a lot better. Needs to get himself enrolled at putnam science immediately.

He just had the most insane poster I’ve ever seen out of High School player. Looked like Andre Jackson at 7ft. Good aggressive onE handed stuff. Granted the kid was 6ft, but the whole gym erupted and he did jump from pretty far out.

DB24MTN

Reaction Score
Left a couple minutes before the end. Clingan woke up during the second half and dominated. They were up 20 for most of the half. Most glaring issue is that he relies on his height more than boxing out as has been said before. Other than that hes everything you want in a player and will be very good by the time hes a senior at a prep school. Hope we snag this kid.

Reaction Score
28 points, 18 rebounds and 11 blocks. Guess that's not good enough? Geez. You guys are tough

The stats will always be good at his height. The concerns, whether they're warranted or not, are the athleticism and general lack of aggressiveness. Super common for young bigs though. We're comparing him to kids 3 years older in college

F

FanMan

15 years old, I think he's doing great. I hope someday he'll be good enough for Uconn. If not, there's always Georgetown, Providence, Syracuse, Umass and probably more to come. From what I've seen, I think he will be a very very good D1 player. Like what was said, 3 more years. And you never know when he will go prep. You guys should probably just wait until he goes prep cuz, this year will be at BC and the comments probably won't change much.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
28 points, 18 rebounds and 11 blocks. Guess that's not good enough? Geez. You guys are tough

Putting up those numbers against a public school whose tallest player is 6’2’’ says nothing about how well he would do against college competition down the road. How is this difficult?

Reaction Score
Left a couple minutes before the end. Clingan woke up during the second half and dominated. They were up 20 for most of the half. Most glaring issue is that he relies on his height more than boxing out as has been said before. Other than that hes everything you want in a player and will be very good by the time hes a senior at a prep school. Hope we snag this kid.
Was also at game and mostly agree with posts above from DB24MTN. He started slow and agree that teammates have a difficult time getting him ball. He had about 4 jams, 1 ( mentioned above) that brought down the house. He is not a finished product, but I dont remember any 7 foot 15 year old sophomore (I have ever seen) do the things he does.

Reaction Score
15 years old, I think he's doing great. I hope someday he'll be good enough for Uconn. If not, there's always Georgetown, Providence, Syracuse, Umass and probably more to come. From what I've seen, I think he will be a very very good D1 player. Like what was said, 3 more years. And you never know when he will go prep. You guys should probably just wait until he goes prep cuz, this year will be at BC and the comments probably won't change much.
He's going to have his pick of where he wants to play in college, hopefully it's UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom