2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FanMan

I scored that much when I was a pip squeak on the elementary team.

Anyway, judging this guy against smaller competition is meaningless. This board was all over Ollie for not getting Paschal Chukwu a 7 foot 2 inch CT product who was a flameout for the Cuse. Not going to jump on his bandwagon till he plays against some real competition. I have seen him play in person a couple of times since I live in Southington. He could be the real deal if he learns the fundamentals of footwork and rebounding but does not seem inclined to leave Bristol Central.

This team has been so center-starved years for a big man that I think collectively we over react to unproven local prospects.
So he doesn't know how to rebound? All of the articles complimenting his fundamentals and footwork are false? And when saw him play in Southington he was a freshman, that averaged 22 pts a game 18 rebounds a game and 5 blocks a game. He hasn't played in Southington this year and they don't play Southington this year. You need to catch up

F

FanMan

Hurley was talking about direct messaging or posting on a kid's account, not posts on the Boneyard. I very highly doubt Clingan is making decisions about his future based on posts on the Boneyard.
You think recruits don't see this? The combination of all of it is just ridiculous.

Reaction Score
So he doesn't know how to rebound? All of the articles complimenting his fundamentals and footwork are false? And when saw him play in Southington he was a freshman, that averaged 22 pts a game 18 rebounds a game and 5 blocks a game. He hasn't played in Southington this year and they don't play Southington this year. You need to catch up
I did not say he played in Southington. I live in Southington and went to games at Bristol Central which is right down the road. So why don’t you catch up?

F

FanMan

I did not say he played in Southington. I live in Southington and went to games at Bristol Central which is right down the road. So why don’t you catch up?
Well, we will see I guess. Kid has 2.5 yrs left in high school and he's already being compared to some other local talent that didn't make it? Just ridiculous. And like I said earlier, he has other options beside UCONN and will have many more to come. All of these Division 1 coaches must be wrong about him and you are right.....smh

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is saying Donovan stinks, just that we need to see him compete against kids his own size before we know exactly how good he is.

Personally, I hope he goes the prep route next year because it will be a huge culture shock for him when he gets to division 1 and the centers he faces are 6'9" and above instead of 6'3" and above.

Reaction Score
And there ya have it. Perfect example of the idiots we have as fans.
It was a joke based on the other post about Aaron Hernandez. Obviously I'm not saying Clingan is going to do the same. I deleted it since it upset you so much so you can delete yours if you want.

Last edited:
F

FanMan

It was a joke based on the other post about Aaron Hernandez. Obviously I'm not saying Clingan is going to murder anyone. Get a grip, dude. If you want I will delete it so it doesn't upset Clingan.
Whatever, you have already shown your true colors. Can't believe you actually thought it was funny

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is saying Donovan stinks, just that we need to see him compete against kids his own size before we know exactly how good he is.

Personally, I hope he goes the prep route next year because it will be a huge culture shock for him when he gets to division 1 and the centers he faces are 6'9" and above instead of 6'3" and above.
He should make the move to get him ready for big time college hoops but this is a kid who lost his mom recently and going away right now has got to be difficult for him. For the people questoning him as a prospect they don't know what they're watching. This kid is a great prospect.

Reaction Score
You think recruits don't see this? The combination of all of it is just ridiculous.
You are really sensitive. I just don't think kids give a rat's a-- about a few fans on a message board unless it starts going over the top like when fans start direct messaging a kid. Go on the Kentucky message boards and see what is written about recruits and players. If you are right it's a miracle they get anyone to go there.

F

FanMan

You said that about a 15 yr that has been through hell. Did you not read the Mike Anthony article. His mom passed away 2 years ago from cancer. It's quite obvious what kind of person you are.

Reaction Score
You said that about a 15 yr that has been through hell. Did you not read the Mike Anthony article. His mom passed away 2 years ago from cancer. It's quite obvious what kind of person you are.
I did not read it. Tell me about it. I know nothing about the kid except that he plays basketball for Bristol Central and is 7 feet tall.

I apologize for my insensitive post. We all make mistakes.

Reaction Score
You are really sensitive. I just don't think kids give a rat's a-- about a few fans on a message board unless it starts going over the top like when fans start direct messaging a kid. Go on the Kentucky message boards and see what is written about recruits and players. If you are right it's a miracle they get anyone to go there.
Take a look at his post history and you'll see why you got the reaction you did

Reaction Score
Sorry, friend of the family and a UCONN fan. I should probably leave this group.
Not at all, I appreciate the insight you have. Just the difference of where we're coming from when viewing the kid. If I'm being honest I don't see how anyone can watch him and not see the clear talent he has

pj

Reaction Score
Incredible talent and only 15. We're fortunate he's growing up in Connecticut. Hopefully a few rude message board posters won't turn him off.

Reaction Score
sorry to offend you. i was only pointing out a coincidence.

You might not have meant it in a malicious way, but I thought it was in poor taste. I took down my reply to your original post.

Reaction Score
sorry to offend you. i was only pointing out a coincidence.
I took it more like a joke. But after re-reading everything I can see how it was interpreted that just because he is at Bristol Central he could be like Aaron Hernandez. I didn't take it like that since I don't see how anyone would say that. Can a moderator just delete the entire back and forth?

MrP

Reaction Score
Yes, Clingan plays against undersized kids. But, he is also a stud. 15 year olds that are 7' dont fall off trees. He moves really well for his age. Plus he has a good motor. Many big kids at his age play timid. Like they are embarrassed to be so tall. Not clingan. He is trying to dunk it every time he touches the ball. He needs to get stronger which will come with age. But he is a beast. Haven't seen a big this good in the CIAC since Edmund.

Yes, he won't play against 6' tall kids in the post on the next level or even prep. But, he also won't be tripled teamed all game which is what Lewis Mills did. As soon as he caught there were 3 kids around him. He couldn't move.

I was more poking fun at LSM than making a statement on Clingan.

Sounds like a good prospect regardless of competition he’s playing

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Let the kid play where he wants, whether it is BC or Prep school. It is his choice and his families decision.

Again I have said it before. He gets enough competition during the AAU he participates in during the spring and summer.

Reaction Score
I took it more like a joke. But after re-reading everything I can see how it was interpreted that just because he is at Bristol Central he could be like Aaron Hernandez. I didn't take it like that since I don't see how anyone would say that. Can a moderator just delete the entire back and forth?

Geez Hoop what is wrong with you? You have created quite the mess now let's see you find a way out.

:eek: :D

Reaction Score
would be nice to start another great run of centers in 2020 with cliff. but at least theres the potential of sonogo or etienne in 2021 and clingan in 2022 to look forward to

Reaction Score
Geez Hoop what is wrong with you? You have created quite the mess now let's see you find a way out.

:eek: :D
Yeah a mistake based on my misinterpretation of the tone of the original post I responded to. I thought he was saying something like, of course this kid won't turn out like that other kid. And I went along with that tone. I didn't think he was serious. Of course the dope that I am it took me like half an hour to figure that out after the responses.

It happens on message boards sometimes. I went back and finally understood where he was interpreting the post differently than I was. I was taking it as a joke. I apologize. Wasn’t my intention to say what he thought I was saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul