Donovan clingan version of young nikola jokic? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan clingan version of young nikola jokic?

Reaction Score
Scrappy has an excuse for the comparison, he's Scrappy. Nobody else should be doubling down on this absurd comparison

Reaction Score
Damontas Sabonis averaging the quietest 7+ assists per game this year at center.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Former NBA players never think they’re better than the current guys, how strange.
Jokic had more quality passes in a good month than Howard had in his career.

This isn't even factoring in Howard's entire offensive game was put backs.

I will give Howard credit for having a much better body but for his physique he should have played a lot stronger.

Howard is wrong in his assessment.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Jokic had more quality passes in a good month than Howard had in his career.

This isn't even factoring in Howard's entire offensive game was put backs.

I will give Howard credit for having a much better body but for his physique he should have played a lot stronger.

Howard is wrong in his assessment.
Howard was on defense what Jokic was on offense. Then vice versa offense and defense.

Reaction Score
I started the “Clingan upside” thread about a month ago, essentially comparing his game to a poor mans jokic or Walton. Most posters brought same scorn and dismissive comments.

It is a bit much,to compare him to best 2 passing bigs in history . Agreed. but his offensive upside has not been seen by most posters, who think hes a low block only, bad handed edey-type who needs to make his free throws lol. Theyve missed the point. You could see his acumen in high school. This yr uconn will see his offensive game & his passing/iq are going to bring those jokic comparisons pre-draft. But thats his potential upside. Gotta take a step at a time

Reaction Score
Just because the thread started with overstated comparison doesn't mean it has to end with an understated comparison. Clingan is much, much better than Knight. Clingan would have been a top 20 pick this year if he left.
A truer statement is Clingan has more upside potential than Travis .
But Travis was able to play 25 minutes a game at a pretty high level
That 1996 team really had no backup 5.
We’re pretty sure he can double his minutes and maintain that level but until he actually does you never know for sure .
Stamina or rather lack of it for a guy that big has been the downfall of a few. That one of my big IFs for success next year .

Reaction Score
I'm going to put myself in the "no" camp.

You're talking about perhaps the most skilled big man in the history of basketball. Clingan is a damn good player... but c'mon Scrappy.
Exactly

Reaction Score
Younger Joker… not remotely close

Younger thank Joker… absolutely

Reaction Score
To the Clingan is a young version of Jokic crowd will Clingan be jogging the ball up the court, pushing the ball up the court on fastbreaks, pirouetting constantly in the lane for 8 foot teardrops, throwing no look lobs, be the main initiator on offense the entire game, shooting one legged jumpers from all over the court, making 83% of his ft's etc?

Scrappy picked basically the one player in history that there hasn't been any player comparison for and you're going along with it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
To the Clingan is a young version of Jokic crowd will Clingan be jogging the ball up the court, pushing the ball up the court on fastbreaks, pirouetting constantly in the lane for 8 foot teardrops, throwing no look lobs, be the main initiator on offense the entire game, shooting one legged jumpers from all over the court, making 83% of his ft's etc?

Scrappy picked basically the one player in history that there hasn't been any player comparison for and you're going along with it.
You’re treating the comp too literal. Comps are suppose to be best case projections that no one actually reaches.

caw

Reaction Score
More realistic maybe a more athletic slightly taller Brooke Lopez (if Clingan really can shoot the ball in game)?

Reaction Score
What we are gonna see this year is alot of 5 msn out offense , with DC setting high pick & roll & double screens at top of key. Pick the picker 3 man game. In addition he will receive ball at top of key, to be facilitator whille we run Princeton-like action. This is the spot where adama hit his 3s.

These are also the very sets that jokic thrives in.

Now surround him with the highest iq team we will have had in years. Hes not jokic, but the comparisons are coming.

Reaction Score
This would fall within the 95% of the comparisons on here that are comical
They are both large. That’s where it begins and ends. This place………

Reaction Score
You’re treating the comp too literal. Comps are suppose to be best case projections that no one actually reaches.
Huh?? I thought comps were supposed to be, you know, like, comparable

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I'm going to put myself in the "no" camp.

You're talking about perhaps the most skilled big man in the history of basketball. Clingan is a damn good player... but c'mon Scrappy.
It's Scrappy, what else would you expect. Not a pessimistic bone in his body.

Reaction Score
It’s Scrappy, guys. Have a chuckle and move on, and let the thread die

Reaction Score
Walker Kessler was a beast rookie in the nba this season with similar size dynamics to clingan. Tbh they kinda look alike i always thought in play style

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Im assuming the comparison would be to Jokic when he was a freshman in college, not after ten years in the nba. I don't think he played college ball, so this is all just a fun thread starter.

All y'all need to lighten up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom