Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perhaps we as a fan base could balance whatever optimism we feel with polite regard for the recruit and his family, and the measured way in which they've approached and managed the process.
i honestly dont know what we as a fan base have done wrong here. a professional recruiting analyst made a crystal ball prediction, are we obligated to ignore its existence, because i didnt get that memo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UNC being involved is a legit threat which doesn’t jive with the crystal ball so maybe we all have egg on face right now

Reaction Score
UNC being involved is a legit threat which doesn’t jive with the crystal ball so maybe we all have egg on face right now
The day Gaffney committed Zags had an article about him taking another visit that weekend. He is not nearly as plugged in as some people think. Slater is as connected as anyone and would not tweet that unless he was damn sure.

Reaction Score
The day Gaffney committed Zags had an article about him taking another visit that weekend. He is not nearly as plugged in as some people think. Slater is as connected as anyone and would not tweet that unless he was damn sure.
Have a feeling this was to deter the UConn crystal ball action but it also wouldn’t make sense for Clingan not to at least visit UNC. So Idk, who knows.

Reaction Score

Uncle Phil GIFs | Tenor

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
i honestly dont know what we as a fan base have done wrong here. a professional recruiting analyst made a crystal ball prediction, are we obligated to ignore its existence because i didnt get that memo.
You quoted me, and then wondered about what we've done wrong and asked if we should ignore CB predictions. Neither of those make sense in light of what I wrote.

To balance enthusiasm and respect for the process of someone who's being courted isn't a tall order. If you're already doing it, then it's a non-issue.

Reaction Score
Have a feeling this was to deter the UConn crystal ball action but it also wouldn’t make sense for Clingan not to at least visit UNC. So Idk, who knows.
Was going to say the same. This just immediately looks like his dad went to Zags to give this update and cast doubt on those crystal balls. He can be pissed all he wants but name me a prospect who doesn’t have crystal balls come out before the announcement.

Reaction Score
Was going to say the same. This just immediately looks like his dad went to Zags to give this update and cast doubt on those crystal balls. He can be pissed all he wants but name me a prospect who doesn’t have crystal balls come out before the announcement.
Yeah his dad is really cool but I mean crystal balls happen with every high profile recruit. Kinda how people literally make their livings.

Reaction Score
You quoted me, and then wondered about what we've done wrong and asked if we should ignore CB predictions. Neither of those make sense in light of what I wrote.

To balance enthusiasm and respect for the process of someone who's being courted isn't a tall order. If you're already doing it, then it's a non-issue.
so it's a non-issue now, you were just posting a friendly reminder to balance enthusiasm and respect for the process in the future?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Expecting the Boneyard to not talk about a recruit, especially when there's crystal balls from some of the bigger experts is borderline irrational. Should we also stop any post-game threads until the next morning to give the beat reporters their moment in the local papers?

Fully get Bill and Donovan being upset and wanting their moment though, nothing wrong with that, but getting info is why Bossi and Slater are paid.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone is saying the BY talking about the crystal balls is wrong. I think everyone is on the same page that with big recruits rumors and crystal balls are gonna happen and some people react differently, especially when it’s about their kid.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
so it's a non-issue now but you were just posting a friendly reminder to balance enthusiasm and respect in the future?
If you want to take it that way, or it applies as such to you, go right ahead.

Should Donovan choose UConn, it will be a character-match in addition to basketball.

I'll always maintain that the coaching staff, the players, and the fans each have their worthy part to play, year round, and as each individual season develops.

Reaction Score
Yeah his dad is really cool but I mean crystal balls happen with every high profile recruit. Kinda how people literally make their livings.
It would happen at literally every school if he was going to commit there. Nature of the industry.

Reaction Score
Can boneyarders give it a rest for once and let the kid and his family have their moment...
What are you concerned about? I don't get all this. Did someone on here get a scoop that he's committing to UConn? And if they did they're supposed to sit on it? Don't we speculate on every recruit? I'm kind of confused here. Did someone do something wrong? Maybe I just didn't read every post.

Reaction Score
Could be a big weekend. Assuming teams that currently have a top 10 class don't add anyone, a Clingan commit would put UConn at #5 on 247. Add Karaban and UConn is #1 (would be a short-lived stay at #1 of course).

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Regardless of the actual status, his dad is giving the only right answer for a dad to give at this point. Either it’s true or he’s doing his best to let his son not have his process ruined by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom