Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People really think a comment on here will be the deciding factor on a kid picking UCONN to further both his education and athletic ability? Ughhh

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
People really think a comment on here will be the deciding factor on a kid picking UCONN to further both his education and athletic ability? Ughhh

No, to both "people" and "the deciding factor"

I question the validity and purpose of several impassioned and seemingly strong arguments being offered against unmade, unfounded, and exaggerated claims. This is a good example.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Be the change...

(Better yet, lock the thread; start anew tomorrow)

No it seems like a weird attempt at humor but it just comes off as a slight against the kid. If you changed it, you should change it back.

Reaction Score
For the record - I did not change the title. Something happened above my paygrade. I must have somebody on ignore that said something because for the life of me I don't understand what has been objectionable to get a dad mad. We want to route for your son at State U. and are expressing those hopes. Crystal Balls and Matrim winks were welcome. (I thought)

CL82

Reaction Score
For the record - I did not change the title. Something happened above my paygrade. I must have somebody on ignore that said something because for the life of me I don't understand what has been objectionable to get a dad mad. We want to route for your son at State U. and are expressing those hopes. Crystal Balls and Matrim winks were welcome. (I thought)
I didn’t see anything either.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Come on, Danny!!! Way to cling to Clingan!!!!!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
No it seems like a weird attempt at humor but it just comes off as a slight against the kid. If you changed it, you should change it back.

I tend to think the kid and his father are smarter than you believe.

Visitors read a recruiting thread for up to two minutes the day it was posted. This one dropped to about 30 seconds after a few hours.

Im all for off topic stuff, especially in the off season. But recruiting threads should stay on topic, not turn into a conversation between a 1/2 dozen posters.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I agree.

Mine was a poor joke on the slapdash nature of your unedited writing. Not helpful.

I think we have common interest, desire, and bond that an OV scheduled for someone who has been to campus several times and lives less than an hour away is a big deal, and we want it to look good and go well. With heightened excitement comes the risk of all kinds of weirdness.

The goofiness that sometimes shows up in this space reveals and traverses the uncertainties between, "This is why we can't have nice things," vs. "This is how we warrant (return to) nice things." The latter is admittedly a big ask, as shown by the posts here.

My wish is for a good several days, with multiple visitors who arrive with good energy that grows more so during & in the aftermath of the visits that potentiate each other.

We're on a good-to-great path. Let's do it.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard - Come for 5% UConn Basketball posts. Stay for 95% middle aged dude psychodrama and group therapy

Yes - its ok to talk this nonsense
No - No one cares what you think outside these rotten walls
Yes - Sometimes players and families come here to laugh at you
Yes - I'll click tomorrow too

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I agree.

Mine was a poor joke on the slapdash nature of your unedited writing. Not helpful.

I think we have common interest, desire, and bond that an OV scheduled for someone who has been to campus several times and lives less than an hour away is a big deal, and we want it to look good and go well. With heightened excitement comes the risk of all kinds of weirdness.

The goofiness that sometimes shows up in this space reveals and traverses the uncertainties between, "This is why we can't have nice things," vs. "This is how we warrant (return to) nice things." The latter is admittedly a big ask, as shown by the posts here.

My wish is for a good several days, with multiple visitors who arrive with good energy that grows more so during & in the aftermath of the visits that potentiate each other.

We're on a good-to-great path. Let's do it.

Of all the Boneyard shticks that have been around in the 15 years I've posted on the board, your grammar one quite possibly may be the worse.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I agree, feel bad for my post to be honest. I was in high school not too long ago and I can't imagine having the media and crazed fans constantly speculating about my life.

Just let the excitement of his potential commitment (and a few post-work cold ones) get the best of me. My bad.
You don’t apologize on the Boneyard. You double down. You triple down. You die on the hill defending a bad take. Anything but apologize!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Of all the Boneyard shticks that have been around in the 15 years I've posted on the board, your grammar one quite possibly may be the worse.
Don't you mean "more worser" than others?

My reconsideration and attempted redirect away from an acknowledged poor joke seems to have failed in its intent.

CL82

Reaction Score
I tend to think the kid and his father are smarter than you believe.

Visitors read a recruiting thread for up to two minutes the day it was posted. This one dropped to about 30 seconds after a few hours.

Im all for off topic stuff, especially in the off season. But recruiting threads should stay on topic, not turn into a conversation between a 1/2 dozen posters.
I think the world of Donavan and his dad. I like the kid's value and character. I think he is perfect for us, not just for his size and his skills, but also for his character. He is the perfect type of kid that we can build around and he will, no doubt be a fan favorite.

Perhaps posting his name with a poor attempt at humor isn't the smartest move in the world. But it is your world Tom, you do you.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's kind of odd, isn't it? I suspect it is the only way he feels like he can contribute.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That's what's so funny here. Did you make that usage mistake on purpose? I think not.

It was unintentional. It's a message board. Who cares?

Irony would be if I was correcting his post as grammatically incorrect and made a mistake myself.

Reaction Score
It was unintentional. It's a message board. Who cares?

Irony would be if I was correcting his post as grammatically incorrect and made a mistake myself.

Not all yarders are kind to grammar police

1625066982355.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member