Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan thread - already off topic and not worth reading unless you are CL82, his fans, or are at work or too drunk to do anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I knew Andre was 90% to UConn for like a year. Totally different case than Sanogo. With Sanogo it was us and Seton Hall... we aren't ready to compete with Duke yet if they're seriously after a kid... need a few years of lottery picks for that

Except that isn't Coach K's Duke. We don't really know if Scheyer will be able to keep that dominant level of recruiting going. I tend to lean against Filipowski being truly attainable for us at this point, but if we end up stealing him because he's not that enamored with Scheyer, I wouldn't be shocked.

Reaction Score
Except that isn't Coach K's Duke. We don't really know if Scheyer will be able to keep that dominant level of recruiting going. I tend to lean against Filipowski being truly attainable for us at this point, but if we end up stealing him because he's not that enamored with Scheyer, I wouldn't be shocked.
Scheyer was responsible for recruiting all of their recent 5 stars.

Reaction Score
It's a lot easier to recruit when you can point to the guy with a fistful of titles. Duke was bringing in elite talent when Capel was their main recruiter, too. How has that translated to his recruiting Pitt?

Pittsburgh isn't Duke. Scheyer is staying at Duke, therefore it will be different.

Reaction Score
It's a lot easier to recruit when you can point to the guy with a fistful of titles. Duke was bringing in elite talent when Capel was their main recruiter, too. How has that translated to his recruiting Pitt?
I would double like this post if I could! While the recruiter is certainly important, the kids know who’s running the ship. The HC is what sells it in the end!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Pittsburgh isn't Duke. Scheyer is staying at Duke, therefore it will be different.

Scheyer certainly in a better position, and for the record, I think Filipowski likely ends up at Duke. But merely promoting your top recruiter doesn't mean you'll maintain that level of recruiting. There's a reason that K has been dominating recruiting for a decade with a series of different recruiters, and none of them have succeeded anywhere else.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Duke recruits Duke
Yep, unless Scheyer poops the bed, that will continue to be true although almost certainly not to the same extent.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Scheyer certainly in a better position, and for the record, I think Filipowski likely ends up at Duke. But merely promoting your top recruiter doesn't mean you'll maintain that level of recruiting. There's a reason that K has been dominating recruiting for a decade with a series of different recruiters, and none of them have succeeded anywhere else.
Scheyer could urinate on the carpet of each of the top 50 recruits during an official and half would still verbal to Duke.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's an incredible skill, "Come to Duke."

"Come to Duke..............Join the rat race.

1624984216828.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01