Donovan Clingan commits to UConn | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How can you not understand this?

Yes, they didn't take 3s. That's the POINT of recruiting a 5 who CAN. If you put someone who is able to shoot when put in that same position at the top of the key, we have a team that is much more difficult to defend. No one guards Sanogo out there. And Whaley played the 5, idgaf how tall he is.

Sanogo's defender stands by the basket when he is holding the ball at the top of the key. If Clingan is a nominal threat to shoot, lanes from the wings and corners open up for everyone else on the team when you put him in that position.

Crickey you're a dunce.
So now you’re changing the argument to fit your narrative?? Now he just needs to be a threat?? That’s different than “he has to be solid from three”. The whole thing is ridiculous. The guy is not gonna be firing 3s for us. Period. This ain’t the NBA. If you disagree, put your money where your mouth is and bet me. Otherwise STFU.

Reaction Score
So now you’re changing the argument to fit your narrative?? Now he just needs to be a threat?? That’s different than “he has to be solid from three”. The whole thing is ridiculous. The guy is not gonna be firing 3s for us. Period. This ain’t the NBA.

If we have a player, regardless of height, who can hit outside shots, why would we not have them take 3s? Why waste an offensive weapon?

I don't currently think Clingsn is good enough to shoot 3s consistently. But you are arguing he never should because he is tall. It makes no sense.

Also this isn't a narrative.

Reaction Score
Played against Bruce K he was a soph at BCHS I was a senior. (Todd Hassler was the stud for them) About 6’8 or so had some game but was very soft. Didn’t think he could make it as a Husky but good for him he became a nice player.
Hasler was a great shooter. Played at Marist for a bit. Always thought he would have been a good fit at UConn.

Reaction Score
Kris Dunn and Mustapha Heron have to be there. Matt Curtis? Dare I say, RJ Evans, who I think might have been a 2,000 point scorer at NFA.

Not Matt Curtis imo (either).

Mike McGuirl from East Catholic for sure.

Reaction Score
Crickey you're a dunce.
Though I have been on this board since its very beginning, I usually just lurk. But sometimes I am compelled to speak up. Husky429, you are normally a great poster with lots of insider-type info. But lately you seem to do a lot of name-calling. I feel this is unnecessary and beneath you. Use your arguments to make your points. Leave the name-calling to those without valid arguments. Just MHO and offered as constructive feedback.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on one thing, we need to adjust our offense. Not just tactically but think fast break. Chief has no problem with a center throwing an outlet pass and the guards or swing man converting a layup before the Big gets to half court.
As for half court, we need to graduate from the top of the circle weave, space better, put more shooters on the floor and move the ball better.
I think we will see a better fast break once Sool gets acclimated to the college game. (Hopefully when the Big East part of the schedule starts.) Sool keeps his head up while dribbling and has a very good BB IQ kind of likes of Marcus Williams.
Chief, I definitely agree with you on the half court offense. Circle weave thrown in at times. there should be better spacing if Akok, Johnson, Polley and hopefully AJ can keep the defenses honest by hitting outside jumpers at a good clip this will open it up for blow byes or for an easier pass entry inside to our bigs. RJ should be solid and Gaff was projecting upward towards the end of last season as a shooter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not Matt Curtis imo (either).

Mike McGuirl from East Catholic for sure.
As a Stamfordite, I would just say stretch it to 20 years. Then Craig Austrie is a no-brainer. He had a magnificent CIAC career. Trinity Catholic went 103-6 in his four years there, won three FCIAC championships, two CIAC titles and was state runner-up twice.

Reaction Score
Though I have been on this board since its very beginning, I usually just lurk. But sometimes I am compelled to speak up. Husky429, you are normally a great poster with lots of insider-type info. But lately you seem to do a lot of name-calling. I feel this is unnecessary and beneath you. Use your arguments to make your points. Leave the name-calling to those without valid arguments. Just MHO and offered as constructive feedback.

I call it like I see it. I wouldn't call him a dunce if he had a remotely sensible argument.

Nice to know I have 'Yard fans though.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Someone start a new thread... HuskyWarrior611 vs the boneyard
C80E8D1F-5B16-4352-B1B4-6CD9416AE918.jpeg

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
lol…I missed that one.
Aye I really feel like Trae Young now I just drew a foul on Fishy… lol

Does this come with an award? Maybe fixing my message to like ratio?

Reaction Score
Roy Hibbert took that 3 out of desperation, not out of design. He took THREE 3 point shots his ENTIRE CAREER. You guys are just making S*** up now.
Tyler Olander beat Maryland with a three pointer in 2013-14 .

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
@HuskyWarrior611, Why y'all dumping on Torrington. Y'all do a little research and y'all will see Torrington has had some excellent teams through the years. Boys and girls. In my day we had some championship worthy teams that ran into John Pinone one year and Mike McKay and John Bagley another year. Also, do y'all know that if DC spent a post grad year that it wouldn't be a lock that he would attend UConn the year after? BTW, what part of Connecticut y'all from?
I played in the CIAC LL and didn’t remember Torrington being very good outside of when Jordan was there. I admittedly don’t know much about the program outside of my time playing which was in the 2010s so there may be a time gap! Haha. I wouldn’t suggest DC do a post year grad, but rather finish his HS career at South Kent or STM or one of the prep schools. We all saw how it changed Andre. But seeing the reason he made his decision you can’t really knock it. From the Hartford area but live in the DMV now.

Reaction Score
I dont exactly agree with all of Husky Warriors analysis I take a wait and see approach with all recruits, and yes I'm excited to have Clinigan. The boneyard is a sensitive bunch. Theres nothing wrong with Olander btw he has rings.

Reaction Score
@HuskyWarrior611, Why y'all dumping on Torrington. Y'all do a little research and y'all will see Torrington has had some excellent teams through the years. Boys and girls. In my day we had some championship worthy teams that ran into John Pinone one year and Mike McKay and John Bagley another year. Also, do y'all know that if DC spent a post grad year that it wouldn't be a lock that he would attend UConn the year after? BTW, what part of Connecticut y'all from?
The “y’all’s” were very subtle and well played lmao

Reaction Score
I call it like I see it. I wouldn't call him a dunce if he had a remotely sensible argument.

Nice to know I have 'Yard fans though.
Fair enough, but I'll remind you of something that you recently told someone else. Every thought doesn't need to be posted (even when it is true). Now I'll follow my own advice and go back to lurking.

Reaction Score
Didn’t read about 15 pages, but honestly his shot looks pretty good to me, especially for a 7 footer. Like I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he shot over 30% 3pt his freshman year.

Reaction Score
All the people who responded to some of my posts and you expect me to respond to all them? Navery didn’t attack me and I responded to him, why you reaching? Stop reaching.

Send me to the line for 2 more ref.
Why do you keep referencing that DC needs to be prepping. Tell me what you know that ALL the major colleges coaches are missing on DC? Please!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Why do you keep referencing that DC needs to be prepping. Tell me what you know that ALL the major colleges coaches are missing on DC? Please!
You must lack reading comprehension skills. You wanted a response, you got one. Before asking a question actually read what you’re responding to. Otherwise it really doesn’t warrant a response.

Reaction Score
Amazing get. One we would have whined about if we didn't get. Kid sounds like he has great character and a hard work ethic. Plenty to play for. Is not clumsy and is giant.

Not a ton will be expected of him early. Imagine how good he'll be if he's here 4 years?

Big eating grin here. Happy for the kid, his family, coach and Husky Nation. Cheers.

Reaction Score
You are very selective on who you respond to I noticed. They need to attack you and you feel vindicated. So it's still NO and NO regarding prep school. Still has 1 more year in high school, he is a bright kid and coaching staff has made it clear to him on what he needs work on. Hopefully he surprises you cause all the major schools that recruited him know sh!!te.
All the people who responded to some of my posts and you expect me to respond to all them? Navery didn’t attack me and I responded to him, why you reaching? Stop reaching.

Send me to the line for 2 more ref.

Comprehension taken, LOL. This is the post that you responded to regarding selective. You left out the rest, still you have not answered why you think DC needs to prep and what you see that the MAJOR college coaches don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom