Donovan Clingan commits to UConn | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Lost the link, but I read earlier that Donovan has been invited to the NBA players association top 100 camp in Orlando in which only 60 are being invited.

If anyone finds the link, please post.

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate the immediate impact this kid can make in a game. With proper coaching he can dominate a game.
Watch Zach Edey- 7' 4" Purdue Freshman last year. Backup center and was almost unstoppable by end of the year.

Reaction Score
Just watched the clip against Wisconsin. He got low post position and also made put backs.

Stayed close to the basket and made plays. Seemed to have good hands.

If Clingan plays like that, we will be more than fine.

If Clingan, now a junior is #50, with even incremental progress, he should be rated higher next year as a senior.

Reaction Score
You keep contradicting yourself but lack the self awareness and critical thinking skills to realize it.
In the summer of 2011, Chief called the Drummond to UConn for September 2011, a call your media friend failed to make. Maybe, I know a little more about the subject.
Called the Drummond.... husky99 finds chief to be really odd. If throwing mud makes you happy. Go for it

You have given zero evidence of any of your fairytale story.... love one pic, aau tourney press pass, airline,train etc

Reaction Score
Just watched the clip against Wisconsin. He got low post position and also made put backs.

Stayed close to the basket and made plays. Seemed to have good hands.

If Clingan plays like that, we will be more than fine.

If Clingan, now a junior is #50, with even incremental progress, he should be rated higher next year as a senior.
From clips I’ve seen, DC has a nice bb-iq, and a knack for being in the right place. I’m thrilled he’s here.

Reaction Score
The kid is a giant who moves around like he's 6-4. He doesn't have any of the stiff awkwardness that young big kids sometimes do. And he has good hands and passes the ball well. If all he does before he gets to Storrs is drop the baby fat and get into better shape he's going to have an impact.

Reaction Score
Called the Drummond.... husky99 finds chief to be really odd. If throwing mud makes you happy. Go for it

You have given zero evidence of any of your fairytale story.... love one pic, aau tourney press pass, airline,train etc
finish him video games GIF

Reaction Score
The kid is a giant who moves around like he's 6-4. He doesn't have any of the stiff awkwardness that young big kids sometimes do. And he has good hands and passes the ball well. If all he does before he gets to Storrs is drop the baby fat and get into better shape he's going to have an impact.
I fully agree here, I don’t know how anyone can watch those clips, see him passing, see him making quick drop steps without traveling, grabbing passes and throwing down the dunk with three guys jumping at him. I know the competition is weak, but he’s getting swarmed and he’s calmly making moves and finishing a la Sanogo.

considering that to me big man moves are some of the rarest skills to find in even a college freshman let alone HS junior, I’m massively impressed with the athlete Clingan is at his young age and extreme height. I think he’s going to be quite an asset for us regardless of his pro potential. You can’t teach height, and usually his kind of height comes with very slow concrete feet, I don’t see that at all with him.

Reaction Score
Don't know about moving around like he's 6'4 but I'm with you. Most mammoth sized big prospects move around like their legs are on backwards when they're 16/17 years old. I'm not sure what some of these posters are watching.

Reaction Score
BCHS had another 7 footer back in my day. Jeff ‘Big Deli’ Salovski. Played briefly at UMass in 2004/2005. Upset the then 7th ranked Huskies. Now that guy moved like he was every bit of 7’ 350lbs.

Reaction Score
LOL! Ok I'm definitely not one of the miserable posters. I love UCONN basketball and have been to 4 of our 5 final fours. I bleed blue and white and love the team and give props when I agree with certain moves. I just don't care for this one compared to the Floyd pickup which I loved. Wow, some posters just love to have their rose colored glasses on every time. I love Dan Hurley as a coach and fully back him up. I was one of the first posters to call for Oliie's head and Dan Hurley should be the coach going forward. I trust in him even if I'm not as excited. I hope you aren't comparing me to freescooter who is just spammer on this site now.
It’s interesting how no one on this board was singing Bouknight’s praises, when Hurley signed him. Yet, knowitall’s come out of the woodwork to throw water on the Clingan pickup.

Reaction Score
Slam Dunk for UConn is this young man from Bristol, Ct. Bristol has a reputation for great athletes.
As someone who has been around basketball for 60 years he is all about winning. His goals are all team oriented.
Thats what UConn is all about.
Look forward to watching him in the future. Meantime No 5 this year please.

Reaction Score

This is inaccurate, there was lots of excitement for him.
No it’s not inaccurate, it’s spot on. In terms of excitement for a player by the press and the Boneyard, you’re comparing a house fly to an elephant. Now of course there’s some level of excitement for every new recruit that DH signs. There was just as much pre excitement for Gaffney as there was for Bouknight, Clingan though was a whole different animal.

Reaction Score
No it’s not inaccurate, it’s spot on. In terms of excitement for a player by the press and the Boneyard, you’re comparing a house fly to an elephant. Now of course there’s some level of excitement for every new recruit that DH signs. There was just as much pre excitement for Gaffney as there was for Bouknight, Clingan though was a whole different animal.
“No one was singing praises” and saying people were less excited about Bouk are 2 different things.

People were excited about Bouk, and there was tons of hype around him. If you re-read a lot of his recruitment threads, a lot of excitement surrounded him.

If you meant to say that DC’s excitement level is on a different level than many of our recent recruits, then that would be correct. Connecticut people are really excited about the highly rated kid from Connecticut committing here, especially after a lot of kids jumping state over the past few.

Reaction Score
BCHS had another 7 footer back in my day. Jeff ‘Big Deli’ Salovski. Played briefly at UMass in 2004/2005. Upset the then 7th ranked Huskies. Now that guy moved like he was every bit of 7’ 350lbs.
I remember big deli he finished up at like sacred heart right?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s interesting how no one on this board was singing Bouknight’s praises, when Hurley signed him. Yet, knowitall’s come out of the woodwork to throw water on the Clingan pickup.

I want to sit down and enjoy a good cup of joe and listen to more things you believe.

Reaction Score
Very happy to have DC in that national flag blue uni. Anyone not that happy is just whacked out of their mind. I really could care less who he plays against in the CIAC his game has grown tremendously in his 3 years of HS and having little nats hanging on your arms and swinging away at the ball every time you bring it down is as much of a pain, and sometimes worst than going up against another big with little ability. He has really good footwork, knows where the basket is and can pass the ball. I love Sanogo but he's scary with the ball when he needs to get it back out let's be honest we won't be with DC (I expect AS to improve mind you).

Amazing to me how quiet on the Karaban front though, would've liked to hit the daily double last weekend!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
What is DA and BT?
Before my time but a DA is a type of haircut in the late 50's. It was called a Ducks A?? because of the way the hair was shaped in the back. I may be wrong about the second but I believe it is a Boogie Top aka a Flattop Boogie which is probably the most common young mans haircut of the 50's. Any of you "youngsters " out there care to weigh in?

Reaction Score
“No one was singing praises” and saying people were less excited about Bouk are 2 different things.

People were excited about Bouk, and there was tons of hype around him. If you re-read a lot of his recruitment threads, a lot of excitement surrounded him.

If you meant to say that DC’s excitement level is on a different level than many of our recent recruits, then that would be correct. Connecticut people are really excited about the highly rated kid from Connecticut committing here, especially after a lot of kids jumping state over the past few.
There was only one thread that was all about Bouknight, prior to his signing, with more than ten posts in it, and almost no tweet posts or media articles about his recruitment. With Clingan there were multiple threads about his recruitment, speculation from Boneyard veterans that he wasn’t coming here, to speculation threads about Steve Pikeil having the inside track because he lived in Clingan’s home town to threads about all his visits. Many times I saw the word “game changer” floated also. Never saw stuff like that during Bouknight’s recruitment. My feeling on Bouknight is many fans and recruiting guru’s underestimated how good he really was. If they had, he would’ve been a 5 star and probably never would’ve come here.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Before my time but a DA is a type of haircut in the late 50's. It was called a Ducks A?? because of the way the hair was shaped in the back. I may be wrong about the second but I believe it is a Boogie Top aka a Flattop Boogie which is probably the most common young mans haircut of the 50's. Any of you "youngsters " out there care to weigh in?

yup. DA = Duck ass

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Lost the link, but I read earlier that Donovan has been invited to the NBA players association top 100 camp in Orlando in which only 60 are being invited.

If anyone finds the link, please post.
It seems the players association either mis-named the camp or ran out of invitations.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It seems the players association either mis-named the camp or ran out of invitations.

I didn't get that either. Maybe 60 are invited and another 40 are selected from applicants?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01