Donovan Clingan commits to UConn | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Oh now that you've said the same thing for the 14th time or so, I get it and now I agree. Let's move on.
Why are you responding with something like this when I wasn't talking to you. It seems pointless.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Dickinson received better coaching and played against better competition up to this point so his low post game is further along, Clingan is also bigger than him. Clingan is half a foot taller than Sanogo. They're all different players at different stages in their development.

You simply don't know what you're watching if you don't think he has many great skills at all. For a prospect who only a few NBA players are bigger than who just turned 17 a few months ago he absolutely has some great skills.
He definitely did. But according to their profiles on 247 they're the same size. It actually says Hunter has an inch on him. But no matter how big you are, if you can't move that doesn't matter especially in today's NBA. I'm curious though, outside of height and passing what skills does he have that's better than most prospects with his rankings?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
He definitely did. But according to their profiles on 247 they're the same size. It actually says Hunter has an inch on him. But no matter how big you are, if you can't move that doesn't matter especially in today's NBA. I'm curious though, outside of height and passing what skills does he have that's better than most prospects with his rankings?
'outside of height and passing what skills does he have that's better than most prospects with his rankings sanoga, whaley, and ajax right now?
mid range and 3 ball shooting stroke.
this is a fair review from last week. it concludes 'if ... then scary.' yup.

and watching him live and on tape for a while, i'm also convinced that his hopability has come along nicely since his initial intro to his springs, kinda like going from 'what do these do?' to 'a-ha!' lately. is he even allowed to drive a car all by himself yet?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They're not the same size.

Dickinson was just measured 20 years old at the NBA G League Elite Camp at 7'1 with a 7'3.75 wingspan and 9'1 standing reach.

Clingan was measured 1 year ago when he was 16 years old at 7'2 with a 7'6 wingspan and a 9'6 standing reach.

Not sure how you would like your question answered? Who are most prospects at his ranking?
You should be comparing him to other guys his size in his class. Who are they?

Reaction Score
There was only one thread that was all about Bouknight, prior to his signing, with more than ten posts in it, and almost no tweet posts or media articles about his recruitment. With Clingan there were multiple threads about his recruitment, speculation from Boneyard veterans that he wasn’t coming here, to speculation threads about Steve Pikeil having the inside track because he lived in Clingan’s home town to threads about all his visits. Many times I saw the word “game changer” floated also. Never saw stuff like that during Bouknight’s recruitment. My feeling on Bouknight is many fans and recruiting guru’s underestimated how good he really was. If they had, he would’ve been a 5 star and probably never would’ve come here.
What does it really matter about the level of excitement surrounding the Bouknight recruitment? He came here, did his thing and now he's going to get paid. Totally irrelevant to Clingan. Opinions are one thing but some of the things people drone on about are stupid.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Bro, you're beating a dead horse and sound so miserable. Please just shut up already.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bro, you're beating a dead horse and sound so miserable. Please just shut up already.
Why is it so hard to just ignore it if you don't like it or want to engage with it. It's really a simple concept. If I sound miserable it's probably the only thread I sound miserable in.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have you watched our offense? You sound like someone who didn't bother to watch our team last season.

Sanogo/Whaley/Carlton probably spent more time with the ball in their hands outside the 3 point line than 95% of centers in D1. We use handoffs with the 5 on the top of the key SO much.

A 5 who can pass or shoot from the top of the key would be a game-changer. Clingan has that potential even if his skill level isn't quite there yet. (If it was he'd be going to the g league)

Sanogo and Carlton were practically useless out there. One of the reasons I hope we change our offense up or at least add to it.

Yes, we do this. Aside from the hard hedge, it's the single thing we do that I most think we need to stop doing. We used Akok in that role as a freshman, and I hate when we do it with Sanogo. I'd hate it with Clingan. It's so ineffective.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
They're not the same size.

Dickinson was just measured 20 years old at the NBA G League Elite Camp at 7'1 with a 7'3.75 wingspan and 9'1 standing reach.

Clingan was measured 1 year ago when he was 16 years old at 7'2 with a 7'6 wingspan and a 9'6 standing reach.

Not sure how you would like your question answered? Who are most prospects at his ranking?
You should be comparing him to other guys his size in his class. Who are they?
Like I said it was according to their 247 profiles. But I'm not even sure who else is in the class. I don't follow Basketball recruiting too much anymore until we actually get the guys to commit. That really goes for all our commits/recruits not just DC.

The length is impressive.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Cape on 4th of July? Nice. Just hope he's not looking for some good pizza. It's a veritable pizza desert on the Cape.

Bad Martha's in Falmouth. Quite possibly the best pizza in the state.

Reaction Score
Yes, we do this. Aside from the hard hedge, it's the single thing we do that I most think we need to stop doing. We used Akok in that role as a freshman, and I hate when we do it with Sanogo. I'd hate it with Clingan. It's so ineffective.

Clingan is one guy who might be decent in that role with practice. He's a decent passer up there, and if he actually develops into a semi-credible threat from 3, it could work. It doesn't work when our 5 can neither pass nor shoot... it's just a stop-gap when Sanogo is up there while he waits for a handoff.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Why is it so hard to just ignore it if you don't like it or want to engage with it. It's really a simple concept. If I sound miserable it's probably the only thread I sound miserable in.
u don't sound miserable. u sound like someone who has reasonable observations and questions. non illegitimi carborundum!
signed donofan.

Reaction Score
There’s something that makes it even sweeter to keep local talent home. There just haven’t been many guys who came up in CT that are as nationally recognized as DC is now.

I remember watching Doug Wiggins and seeing his highlight tapes spreading around the internet and how electric those games were for playing at a public high school. I was so excited when he committed. Drummond had that as well just in terms of National recognition and the hype it brought when he committed. I would’ve been super disappointed if UConn missed out on DC. Young fella is so loyal, he wants to ball out and win a title with his local town, how can you not love that? No clue why there’s so much hate in here, he’s easy to root for and will ball out. Staff have shown they can develop big men, why would he be any different?
Why the angst? The answer?
People who get their self worth from how well UConn is doing fear that MAYBE another player might be better, regardless of what the coaches at UConn, Michigan, etc. might think.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yet you've made 100,000 posts in this thread about a basketball recruit and his lack of skill-set.
Is not reading a whole sentence suppose to make you seem smarter or something?

Reaction Score
Speaking from experience CIAC CONN. HS BB is the best HS BB in NE as proven by the past NE Tourneys at the Old Boston Garden . I was there.
Don't yall disrespect the teams and coaches from Ct. That's just STUPID.

Reaction Score
Speaking from experience CIAC CONN. HS BB is the best HS BB in NE as proven by the past NE Tourneys at the Old Boston Garden . I was there.
Don't yall disrespect the teams and coaches from Ct. That's just STUPID.
Maybe way back then during the Dark Ages it was. :)

Reaction Score
Clingan moves no where near as well as either Gobert or Ayton though. I’m not sure what exactly he does at anywhere near the level of either. Especially Ayton when they were around the same age.
It’s cool that we’re keeping the hometown kid home and winning a national recruitment like this. It’s very important. But the kids game has a lot of flaws. He has one big thing going for him right now and it’s just his height. I saw someone compare him to Sanogo and it’s like huh? Sanogo’s game in high school is light years ahead of DCs. Like guys, DC has a LOT of work to do. Physically, skill wise, all that. But yes he’s 7’2 so if he puts it together he can be dominant, which is why he’s so sought after. But he’s a ways away from that. I don’t think he’ll be an instant impact player what so ever.
I just want to thank you for remaking the same point for the 5th time in this thread…appreciate it

Reaction Score
Like I said it was according to their 247 profiles. But I'm not even sure who else is in the class. I don't follow Basketball recruiting too much anymore until we actually get the guys to commit. That really goes for all our commits/recruits not just DC.

The length is impressive.

You and these 2 likes should form a boneyard mean girls clique or something.
You are getting mad as people are trying to give you accurate information as you admit you are just going from profiles and limited clips available. You made an entire post about him and Dickinson being the same size and they shouldn’t be ranked so similarly because of the difference in skill. Then you find out he’s bigger than Dickinson and maybe you should say my bad maybe there’s a lot I don’t know from the little bit I’ve seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom