Done For The Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Done For The Year

Reaction Score
Not giving up on program or Edsall.

It is entirely obvious Edsall has no intention to try and win this year.

Offense and defense game plans are built for 2020 and 2021.

He's down 3 TD's with a defense that gives up TD's every drive and he's running Mensah between the tackles.

Punting at midfield.

Not playing a defensive scheme to put any pressure on QB. Horrible angles and effort resulting inissed arm tackles.

I'll check back in late December and February after recruiting class is signed.
just wondering here. If a prospective recruit sees the debacle that is UC, right now, and how moribund this team is, does he think to himself......................"hmmm, this club is on the rise. If I go there, we'll be in a bowl game, win the AAC,, and compete for a "National Championship? Ahhh, I know high school kids are not the brightest bulbs, but cmon, now. They see this train wreck, and they are running far away as possible from Storrs.
Please someone..................STOP THE MADNESS.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand why there is so much talk about who plays QB. It really doesn’t matter who is under center for this team. The OL is pourous and the receivers can’t get any separation.

Oh and we have guys who look like the have never played the game before at linebacker. Talent there is worse than when Edsall took over program when it was division 2

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don’t understand why there is so much talk about who plays QB. It really doesn’t matter who is under center for this team. The OL is pourous and the receivers can’t get any separation.

Oh and we have guys who look like the have never played the game before at linebacker. Talent there is worse than when Edsall took over program when it was division 2
Because the team is awful and built to be competitive sometime in the future. So why only play a QB who won’t be here in 2 months?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Washington can’t do anything against the third string. Playing him before he is ready does no one any good.
He’s also been a turnover machine.

Reaction Score
If UConn could start winning with the UMass game, and win five straight, it could qualify for a bowl game this year. I know it's a long-shot, but it would make up for the mess that the team currently is in.
It’s very unlikeky we win the UMass game.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I have a colleague at work from mass that is delighted to have my tix. So there is four!

Reaction Score

Oline looked okay last night.

Reaction Score
Because the team is awful and built to be competitive sometime in the future. So why only play a QB who won’t be here in 2 months?
I agree. I would like to see Pindell get his legs back like he had in the first two games. However, if we are 1-7 or 1-8 it wouldn’t be a bad idea to possibly let Washington and Krajewski rotate the last four games. MW has some playing time under his belt and has only one TD (first pass of his career) to six turnovers. Steven Krajewski has not touched the field yet but seems he should be able to handle his own. I say let the competition start early!

Reaction Score
Start Pindell but give MW and Krajewski the entire 4th quarter if the game is decided. I don't understand the hesitation putting in the back-up QB when we know the game is lost.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As good as Pindell has been, Washington is a far more talented athlete than Pindell. Washington is a much greater offensive threat IMO and his much better lateral movement makes it difficult for pass rushers to get their hands on him. All he needs is PT to gain some experience. Pindell has regressed, he's not the same player he was four or five games ago.
Do you think that maybe, just maybe, defenses have discovered that Pindell is a threat and are paying particular attention to him? He hasn't regressed, and he's hurt to boot, for God's sake!

Reaction Score
I can't blame the OP. This is truly the season of no joy.

Sure but why start a thread about it? This isn't a job and you don't need to call in.

BTW for anyone who feels the same way, if you start a thread like this don't post in this forum the rest of the year. Dropping out should include leaving this forum. You can't comment on what you don't see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If UConn could start winning with the UMass game, and win five straight, it could qualify for a bowl game this year. I know it's a long-shot, but it would make up for the mess that the team currently is in.

Please DM me you're hook up so I can get a hold of some of the good stuff.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm done emotionally but I keep watching the games to answer compelling questions like 'did we improve at all on defense?' or 'will we get to 3 wins this season?'

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My going to the games the rest of this year looking for improvement in all areas of the team but especially hoping the defense can look better.

Reaction Score
Do you think that maybe, just maybe, defenses have discovered that Pindell is a threat and are paying particular attention to him? He hasn't regressed, and he's hurt to boot, for God's sake!
No I don't.

Reaction Score
I like your enthusiasm, but it’s over Johnny. This team couldn’t beat Yale. I have to wonder if even Edsal’s recruits will develop into players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we don't get any legit juco kids in the next recruiting class, then expect another futile year in '19. We need a few, plus somehow convince a legit grad transfer or 2 or 3 kids to come here...and this just to have enough to compete on D. We cannot go thru another season where our D is swiss cheese from start to finish

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom