Done For The Year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Done For The Year

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You are what? 25 tops? Stop it.
We suck. It is worse than imagined. But the Buffs sucked ass just a short while ago too.

You think winning 8 games in the AAC will bring the fans back? I’m not so sure

Reaction Score
I don’t understand why there is so much talk about who plays QB. It really doesn’t matter who is under center for this team. The OL is pourous and the receivers can’t get any separation.

Oh and we have guys who look like the have never played the game before at linebacker. Talent there is worse than when Edsall took over program when it was division 2
If it doesn't matter who is under center, then why not start Washington and get him more PT in preparation for the next two years? And let Pindell heal.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I went camping this past weekend off the grid. I wasn't exactly in a rush to check the score of our game when I got home this afternoon. I'm not sure how 55-14 can be better than what I was expecting to see, but alas, it was. That's a helpless and sad state for our program.

Reaction Score
I went camping this past weekend off the grid. I wasn't exactly in a rush to check the score of our game when I got home this afternoon. I'm not sure how 55-14 can be better than what I was expecting to see, but alas, it was. That's a helpless and sad state for our program.
It is what it is. I am a bit sick of that expression but it certainly applies here.

Reaction Score
Pindell is playing fine. He isn’t the problem. But it’s obvious that this year is a joke so why play a guy who is gone? Start him...but get Washington and Krajewski time before there is 5 minutes left.

Because if your QB isn't good enough, you're not helping the rest of the offense play to their potential and grow.

It's not that hard folks. If he could play Washington without negative repurcussions to everyone else, he would.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, playing anyone but Pindell at QB in any non-garbage time situation only drives us further into the mud. We need to be able to move the football if for no other reason than running some clock. Washington is not ready yet. His toes should only be dipped into the deep end in garbage time and nothing else. He's working hard, nobody doubts that. It's just reality. Playing him more now could get him injured just from inexperience and then all of a sudden he's working out over the spring/summer to recover from an injury rather than building towards next season when we'll really need him.

Reaction Score
Because if your QB isn't good enough, you're not helping the rest of the offense play to their potential and grow.

It's not that hard folks. If he could play Washington without negative repurcussions to everyone else, he would.
One way to look at it. But another is that if he is not good enough to not even cause negative repercussions, he's not gonna be good enough next year. Time to start shopping again.

Reaction Score
One way to look at it. But another is that if he is not good enough to not even cause negative repercussions, he's not gonna be good enough next year. Time to start shopping again.

How do you know whether we're shopping or not?

Reaction Score
The worst part of this all is that Edsall is recruiting worse players than Diaco ever did. The 2016 HS graduating class all had kids with some legitimate offers. Skanes, Hopkins, Degeorge, Garson to name a few. None of these kids coming in now have any FBS offers and their FCS offers are low level ones.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone cares about this year anymore. 41 points in a half???

Because some of the players and students are seniors. I think the team and the coaches owe it to them to try to win.

Reaction Score
Because some of the players and students are seniors. I think the team and the coaches owe it to them to try to win.

Would be surprised if this coaching staff gave a damn about any of the seniors at this point. They are ready for the future, if there is one.

Reaction Score
The worst part of this all is that Edsall is recruiting worse players than Diaco ever did. The 2016 HS graduating class all had kids with some legitimate offers. Skanes, Hopkins, Degeorge, Garson to name a few. None of these kids coming in now have any FBS offers and their FCS offers are low level ones.

Sorry, I don't believe this for a second and I don't care about offers. It's great that DeGeorge and to a lesser extent Garson are contributing. But really? Diaco? Give me a break. This whole thread is ridiculous. First people want to take their toys and go home, now pining for the good ol Diaco days.

Reaction Score
Would be surprised if this coaching staff gave a damn about any of the seniors at this point. They are ready for the future, if there is one.

That probably sends an interesting message to the team in general. If they don’t give a damn about the seniors, why would they care about the juniors. And probably not the sophomores as soon as some better freshmen come along. Is that really the attitude you want in a coaching staff?

Reaction Score
Good thing I blacked out and passed out before it got as bad as it did. Thankful I didn't have to watch it.

Reaction Score

I know i shouldn’t bother based on posting history but I’m curious - which class(es) are you referring to?

Reaction Score
I know i shouldn’t bother based on posting history but I’m curious - which class(es) are you referring to?

I mean the true freshman we have now on the team. As well as those committed for next year.

Reaction Score
I mean the true freshman we have now on the team. As well as those committed for next year.

Do the research - Many of the true Freshman on the team this year and next year have FBS offers besides UConn, some multiple. If you want to argue number of P5 offers vs G5 offers you can wander down that path but to say that "None of these kids coming in now have any FBS offers and their FCS offers are low level ones." is factually inaccurate.

You can start here w/ an analysis by @Stainmaster :Stain's Depth Chart Recruiting Analysis - Season Opener

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Do the research - Many of the true Freshman on the team this year and next year have FBS offers besides UConn, some multiple. If you want to argue number of P5 offers vs G5 offers you can wander down that path but to say that "None of these kids coming in now have any FBS offers and their FCS offers are low level ones." is factually inaccurate.

You can start here w/ an analysis by @Stainmaster :Stain's Depth Chart Recruiting Analysis - Season Opener

Thanks Medic. Lots of false stuff being spread about this lately.

Reaction Score
The planet that says check his stats game by game this season so far and do a comparative analysis. He's not the same player he was at the start of the season. He could have a nagging injury, I don't know, but it's time to give Washington more and more PT. He is much better at avoiding the pass rush and scrambling in the backfield than Pindell ever was. He also needs the experience, that will pay dividends going forward this season and next.
I guess you didn’t see the knee brace last game, or him limping the game before. The kid played his heart out.
And doesn’t it dawn on anyone that we hadn’t played a team with a loss until game 6? And that team has the best rusher in cfb? A little perspective, please.

Reaction Score
If it doesn't matter who is under center, then why not start Washington and get him more PT in preparation for the next two years? And let Pindell heal.
I agree with letting Pindell heal but who’s to say Washington is next in line? He’s had three shots at showing what he can do and has not been that impressive. You still have three other QB’s that should get a crack at some PT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom