Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Let's face it. It never mattered where this kid went to school. He is making his family happy. I hope he never wins anything at this level or the next if he is really going to Dook

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Next time hopefully everyone can relax and not get worked up over bs “sources”.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Honest question - what are the mechanisms that drop a dime to Trilly Donovan.

Conceivably, Flagg calls up Duke/Scheyer and says I'm committing.

Scheyer... Hang on, I need to send a DM to a Twitter account.

Yeah. Very weird

Reaction Score

Or he called Hurley and told him he wasn’t coming.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wonder if we’ll ever contend for top 10 recruits no matter how successful the program is? It’s crazy how many swings and misses we’ve had since Calhoun.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

He calls Scheyer, word spreads through program, assistant/manager/player tells insider.

Then boom. Telephone. Most insiders on other sites have an assistant they’re connected to.

Reaction Score
Wonder if we’ll ever contend for top 10 recruits no matter how successful the program is? It’s crazy how many swings and misses we’ve had since Calhoun.
If not now coming off a national championship with a New England kid then idk when. It’s almost like these top kids feel like they have to go to these schools to be validated. But on the flip side Gonzaga has land kids like Chet Holgren. What we do know is with Hurley it won’t be for a lack of effort

Reaction Score
Oh well, he wants to dork out.

It will be fun beating him.
Exactly, he actually has that look, and for the record, I always felt he looked like a Dukie. Also I had no idea his family were also such Duke fans or I would have known for sure where he was going. I’m not praising them like everyone else because now that I know that they were a Duke family, I think they knew where he was heading so why even come to UConn. Was there a motive? We all are huge UConn fans and our kids are also, are we really going to visit Duke because maybe our kid would commit to an arch enemy. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Reaction Score
Well we just contended for one. We just didn't get him.

And does it really matter as long as we win with guys rated lower?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Or he called Hurley and told him he wasn’t coming.

You're suggesting someone in the UConn camp texted Trilly Donovan?

He calls Scheyer, word spreads through program, assistant/manager/player tells insider.

Then boom. Telephone. Most insiders on other sites have an assistant they’re connected to.

That makes sense logistically, but that doesn't really answer why some assistant would DM a Twitter account or rather how does the same guy get all the scoops?

Not arguing against your reply.. legitimately don't understand - particularly if Trilly isn't involved in this in a "professional" capacity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom