Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You don’t know that I don’t know. See how that works
Actually I am 100 thousand percent positive you don’t know that. And I’ll Venmo you 500 dollars right now if you provide a verifiable source.

Reaction Score
Actually I am 100 thousand percent positive you don’t know that. And I’ll Venmo you 500 dollars right now if you provide a verifiable source.
It is literally impossible for you to say you don’t know if it’s true. And also say you know for certain I don’t know lmaoo.

The same logic you use to say I don’t know is the same logic I’m using to say it’s not true. You know I don’t have sources. And I know UConn isn’t paying locks to other schools to come on visits.

It’s called common sense

Reaction Score
It is literally impossible for you to say you don’t know if it’s true. And also say you know for certain I don’t know lmaoo.

The same logic you use to say I don’t know is the same logic I’m using to say it’s not true. You know I don’t have sources. And I know UConn isn’t paying locks to other schools to come on visits.
I really want to know if the pay for visit deal required Cooper to follow, like and share various posts and individuals on social media? Was there a stipulated minimum number of those? Was there a stipulated time frame i.e. until a commitment is made that that must be done? Inquiring minds want to know!

Reaction Score
I really want to know if the pay for visit deal required Cooper to follow, like and share various posts and individuals on social media? Was there a stipulated minimum number of those? Was there a stipulated time frame i.e. until a commitment is made that that must be done? Inquiring minds want to know!
It’s a random made up rumor that doesn’t make any logical sense. It’s dumb

Reaction Score
I agree with that and I think the differences in the bodies of work and results between Hurley and Scheyer will be even more stark by next spring.
Like i mentioned in a post the other day. Flagg can play for Sheyer or a national title winning coach. He can play for Hurley against coaches like Pitino, Shaka, Matta, McDermott and others and compete for a conference title at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN in NEW YORK CITY or he can play against Hubert Davis, Adrian Autry, Jeff Capel and for a conference title in Greensboro. . Ok they do have Hamilton, Laranaga and Benett at least.

Reaction Score
It’s a random made up rumor that doesn’t make any logical sense. It’s dumb
It’s frankly beneath those nerds. Maybe the old line about book smart and street smart or critical thinking really is true? Gasp

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

It’s called common sense
You said “ we didn’t pay him”. You didn’t say “ in my opinion we didn’t pay him” or “ I think we didn’t pay him”. You made a flat out declaration “ we didn’t pay him”

Not me. I made no such contention either way. I also didn’t say “ we paid him” did I ?

And then I offered you 500 bucks for nothing just to back up your declaration.

Something tells me I got nothing to worry about.

Reaction Score
You said “ we didn’t pay him”. You didn’t say “ in my opinion we didn’t pay him” or “ I think we didn’t pay him”. You made a flat out declaration “ we didn’t pay him”

Not me. I made no such contention either way. I also didn’t say “ we paid him” did I ?

And then I offered you 500 bucks for nothing just to back up your declaration.

Something tells me I got nothing to worry about.
Point
——-
Your head

You made a declaration that “I don’t know”. You used basic logic to come to that conclusion. We all know Ant doesn’t have sources. I used that same logic. We know Dan Hurley isn’t paying Duke locks(which has to be true in the scenario) to visit. Flagg and his family made it clear that they genuinely wanted to visit UConn. All of the information we have tells us that UConn did not pay him. The school with the biggest pockets……he didn’t go to. The End

But I’ll still take the $500 :)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Point
——-
Your head

You made a declaration that “I don’t know”. You used basic logic to come to that conclusion. We all know Ant doesn’t have sources. I used that same logic. We know Dan Hurley isn’t paying Duke locks(which has to be true in the scenario) to visit. Flagg and his family made it clear that they genuinely wanted to visit UConn. All of the information we have tells us that UConn did not pay him. The school with the biggest pockets……he didn’t go to. The End

But I’ll still take the $500 :)
You DONT know. Lol. That’s the point!

Reaction Score
Imagine thinking this and also seeing the same recruit cancel a visit to... Kansas... The biggest NIL/Cash cow cohort currently operating in college basketball. Kansas is basically writing blank checks do recruits and portal-ers. If Cooper was in this for the money you don't cancel a visit to Kansas.

Duke fans are absolutely wild.
Plus if he was really looking for money from visits wouldn't it behoove him to take many visits? Shouldn't he have gone to places like Alabama, Auburn and LSU? Heck, he could have taken the one and a half hour drive up the road to Florida, or the three and a half hour drive down to Miami, and gotten nice big easy pay days.

That rumor just makes no sense on every level.

Reaction Score
Plus if he was really looking for money from visits wouldn't it behoove him to take many visits? Shouldn't he have gone to places like Alabama, Auburn and LSU? Heck, he could have taken the one and a half hour drive up the road to Florida and gotten an easy pay day.

That rumor just makes no sense.
Shhhh. We don’t know

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah because it all started from the same source (and I use that term loosely).

We already discussed this and debunked that theory. Considering all the facts and what we know it makes absolutely 0 sense. None.

Just wait what we'll see out there if he commits to UConn. You're going to see all kinds of stuff about how UConn paid Flagg more and that's the reason he's going to UConn. And I will just roll my eyes at all of it.
What are the facts? If Kansas is one of them I think that actually adds on to the NIL situation considering the Nike vs Adidas factor.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You want me to check in and verify it with my common sense? Lmao
Lol anything having to rely on your common sense as the deciding factor is a bad bet.
Adam Devine Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
In other news it’s going to be a great couple days of weather up in Storrs. Pick those apples before the first frost!
Yeah but you probably have weeks’ worth of apple picking time ahead in North Carolina! Lol

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Who cares if we did? Who cares if we paid more and that's why he comes? If he comes here it was worth it.
Exactly. What’s the issue if we did that. I would actually be happy that our program took that kind of stuff seriously to be good when everybody else is doing it. As long as they do it for the right players.

Reaction Score
Well his mother did do an interview with Goodman and Davis and spoke about the recruitment in pretty good detail. I'm not sure what you mean about "closed mouthed". Did you want Flagg and his family to tell everyone where he's leaning or going to commit to? I'm just confused what you're referring to.
Closed mouth about where he might be going, or if he’s favoring one of his choices.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom