Does your spouse/SO like or enjoy sports, especially UConn? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Does your spouse/SO like or enjoy sports, especially UConn?

Well?

• Total voters

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Mine was not a sports fan of any team, but has been a UConn bball "casual" fan since 1998-99 !

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My wife used to be far more into college and pro sports. Before we had kids, we used to take a Red Sox road trip each year. Since we've been engaged I've seen the Sox more times as the visitors and haven't been to Fenway since the week before we got married. We've done the road trip thing a few times since the boys were born, but no one can blame her on changing priorities.

She grew up a Minnesota girl and used to like the Packers because of Brett Favre. She won't watch the "hypocritical" NFL anymore. I don't blame her, but I compartmentalize the entertainment value from the domestic violence while wearing pink charade. I still have season UConn football tickets, but it is only 6 or 7 days out of the fall. She will come sometimes, but not at 5:00, only with the kids, and only in September. Both of our sets of parents live out of state, so weekend childcare is an issue. I watch most sporting events these days off the DVR, but my oldest is getting to the age will he will be able to come to football games and follow what's going on. Will probably start that this season.

Reaction Score
My wife is from the Mollucan Islands. In her 44 years with me she has gone from not knowing what a basketball was to being a Uconn fan. She watches sometimes, usually comments on players haircuts. But she always asks me who won the game last night.

Reaction Score
Just curious. My wife couldn’t care less. Finds it all boooring.

Pretty much the same here. My wife hates sports. Keep in mind...I coach high school girls basketball! She has never been to any of my games in 20 years!! That is how much of a care she has for sports and when I am watching anything related to UConn sports....Oh she goes into another room.

Reaction Score
My wife was a huge sports fan. Her and I were Celtic's and UConn football season ticket holder's and frequent UConn men's game attendee's until 2017. She has since developed dementia. Because of this we are limited to what we do.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
My wife will watch Uconn games live. She is a former cheerleader in HS and usually watches that stuff kind of intently along with the dancing pom pom stuff. Games are so exciting that her stomach goes into knots so she sticks to the Lifetime and Hallmark channels at home and I watch the games. We rarely watch tv together and that's Ok. I tell her what is happening with the Yankees, Uconn BB etc. and once in a while she'll come in to watch a highlight. It works. Laughing at her take when the opponents players are announced and the band turns away. She thinks that terrible and very unsportsmanlike. Things have changed.

Reaction Score
For years my wife enjoyed UConn BB. One of our great moments was Tate's shot. She has lost interest in almost everything these days.

Reaction Score
For years my wife enjoyed UConn BB. One of our great moments was Tate's shot. She has lost interest in almost everything these days.

Sad for both of you. My friend went thru this with her husband. My sister has dementia, they haven’t called it Alzheimer’s yet. She is in a home in Troy, NY.
I used to talk to her on the phone but I am not sure if she remebers me. She is unaware the she and I are the only remaining members of our family. Parents and younger brother are all gone (cancer).

Reaction Score
I am blessed. We met when I covered UConn for the Daily Campus in the late 70s-early 80s -- so she knew what she was getting into early on. From the time we married until we recently moved to Dallas, we were season ticket holders to both the men and women, and have been to a bunch of FFs and championships. Marie was right there with me.

We work our plans around UConn sports. Same can be said for important Yankee and NY Giant games. Even the major tennis championships.

She particularly loves the NCAA tournament games with or without UConn. I've come home and she'll be watching the games without me.

We're totally simpatico about the important stuff in life (-: and I appreciate it every day!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom