Does your spouse/SO like or enjoy sports, especially UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Does your spouse/SO like or enjoy sports, especially UConn?

Well?

• Total voters

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
She's a UConn fan, but only goes to a few big games (ummmmm, not many recently)

She likes going to 1 or 2 live baseball games per year

She never watches football, but will play hostess for our annual Patriots SB Party, although she's just socializing and watching everything but the game until the end

My daughter, however, was raised right. She loves the Patriots and UConn, she can talk a good game, and she even screams stuff at the TV like "enough already with all these backwards K's" when watching a baseball game.

My son-in-law is a lucky man

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Wife is a Texan...football fan. As is her whole family. And fairly knowledgable....can argue the calls, discuss the scheme.

She will watch other sports to be companiable but doesn't have real enthusiasm.
So wife also doesn’t care about UConn sports? Why doesn’t she post here?

Reaction Score
So wife also doesn’t care about UConn sports? Why doesn’t she post here?

Like most wives, she does not post on sports boards.

She watches UConn WBB because she is intrigued by the popularity and dominance of the women.....she began watching when I did...a few years ago. Neither one of us professes to be really knowledgeable of the game.

Much has changed since she was in college 45 years ago.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Mine doesn't care. No hatred or like or interest. But she has enjoyed MBB & MH when going to the games.

Reaction Score
My wife has an encyclopedic knowledge of Georgia football and follows the Braves (but doesn’t watch every game or anything).

She thinks my UConn fandom is cute, but she fundamentally does not understand caring about college basketball.

At least she “gets” sports, though.

She actually doesn’t really understand caring about any sport at any school if that school isn’t in the SEC lol

She legit used to say “it just means more” before those dumb commercials came out

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
48 posts and nary a Monty Python reference? SMH.

"Your wife? She likes sports does she? Nudge nudge say no more."

Reaction Score
"Your wife? She likes sports does she? Nudge nudge say no more."

“Have you ever watched sport with a lady?”

“What’s it like?”

Reaction Score
My girlfriend will go with me to basketball games and football games (when it’s warm only), the constant checking of the boneyard drives her mad though :p
Just tell her you’re correcting the internet.

Reaction Score
I have a pretty free pass to do anything Packers / UCONN related. She doesn't watch much sports, but I'm also pretty good about not letting it get in the way of our lives, unless it is important. So when I want to go to a game I generally don't get grief.

Reaction Score
My wife will watch some big games, and even watches golf, although it’s really called sleeping.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My wife enjoys going to sporting events. We live in Chicago so we go to a one or two Bears home games, now that our kids are older we go to one Bears away game a year. We go to some WSox and Cubs games. She understands my UConn obsession and will travel with me for most of those games. She drew the line at a Wednesday night mbb game at Notre Dame because it was a 4 hour round trip. UConn won and it was awesome, her loss. She watches the Bears on TV and March madness but not much else. She likes to take a nap when I'm watching golf. I bought her a Jim Nantz white noise machine for Christmas.

Reaction Score
My wife is from Colombia so football (soccer) is the main sport for her. Basketball is catching on amongst some of the youth in Colombia, especially some of the wealthier kids and I think she COULD get into it but she does not like the constant commercial breaks, especially towards the end-game. The Ttech/Virginia game was fun for her to watch but she said the commercial breaks eventually killed the momentum for her. I see where she is coming from as she is used to 45 minutes of non stop play-20 minute half-45 minutes of non stop play. The 20 minutes is usually to cook something, order out or make a beer run. I agree with her and truly wish basketball would cut down on the breaks by at least half, that would make the games flow better and put more emphasis on rotation strategy and using the bench as well as conditioning and endurance which is what sports are about when you get right down to it. A lot of football matches have solved the lack of commercial time with having occasional adverts pop up at the proper moments (the proper moment being a time that does not interrupt something major going on). I can look for an example of anyone is interested.

So yah, she does not mind it. If there was a huge Uconn game I am sure she would like it. When she saw me watching the Uconn/Iowa game and the logos appeared, she asked if I was cheering for the "cute dogs". Yes. I am cheering for the Huskies. "Well, I hope the cute Huskies win"...haha.

But it is hard for me to get pumped for some ECU/Uconn game or something so there is no way I would expect her to care in that case.

Reaction Score
My wife likes to make comfort food while I watch sports and drink beer.

She finds this especially appealing when UConn is on because she knows I’m interested. For some reason my wife is always concerned with whether or not I really care about the game I’m watching. She just doesn’t get how I can watch Wichita St. vs Chattanooga and be totally happy. I’m convinced that she thinks I’m lying when I say I enjoy all the games.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Mostly indifference. She grew up in a sports fan house so understands the passion (obsession) though.

Also, I'm a bit of an odd sports fan in that I pretty much don't watch any games that don't involve my teams (Giants, Yanks, UConn BB/FB) and I also like to DVR pretty much everything as well.

Reaction Score
When we met my wife (who doesn't really watch or like sports) and I were HBO boxing junkies. Hell that was our date night. I always was skeptical of her attraction to fighting and am relieved HBO boxing ended.

She doesn't care for sports but on game night the TV room is all mine, and she will never ask me to change the channel when a game is on. She also has lived with my numerous important event declinations on scheduled game nights. She's also heard every 'can] make' excuse on those nights but still understands and doesn't take it personal (any more). That's makes here a quasi sports fan in the same way I'm a quasi book club fan.

We're total opposites and to think she fell in love with a jock in 1978.

Reaction Score
My wife is a big hockey fan so we went to a ton of canes (go whalers!) games when we lived there and now the avs. Shes a good sport about my basketball fandom and watches with me sometimes but just doesn't like when I'm in a bad mood the rest of the day after a UConn or UVA loss

Reaction Score
Like Puppy Love, my husband and I both enjoy sports, but I am more fanatical than him. My passion is UConn sports, and we go to Football, WBB, and Hockey. I try to go to baseball games, but I usually have to go by myself, since he's still working. I grew up in Massachusetts, and have 4 brothers, so if I wanted to watch tv it was sports. I am a Boston sports fanatic, will work my schedule around Sox, Pats and Bruins, if possible. I tune in to see the Celtics scores, but I don't like the NBA and only watch the WNBA if UConn kids are playing. I even watch golf!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom