Does your spouse/SO like or enjoy sports, especially UConn? | The Boneyard

Does your spouse/SO like or enjoy sports, especially UConn?

Well?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Just curious. My wife couldn’t care less. Finds it all boooring.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Choices are tough. There's a huge gap between "all sports thoroughly" and "sometimes for big events." My wife likes some pro sports (baseball and football) hates others (hockey) likes UConn MBB and WBB but not football, hockey or baseball. She also will watch WNBA games, which I don't particularly care for, with exception of some of playoff series. (Last year's Pheonix/Seattle series was pretty entertaining with former teammates and close friends Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi each trying to will their teams to the win, making one great play after another.)

Reaction Score
My wife will enjoy some live sporting events, especially Yankee games. Hates any sports on TV and gets pretty annoyed during the MBB season. Let's just say she spends a lot of time in the bedroom watching the housewives during the season lol.

Reaction Score
She really only cares about the Pats and Sox, more so the former. Doesn’t seem to care for sports in general, despite having been an athlete all of high school and college.

“Cares” doesn’t go beyond knowing a half dozen players and tuning in once a week.

Reaction Score
I met my fiance (soon to be wife in a week and a half or so) some time after we won the championship in 2014. I tried to get her interested, but all she has known is the Ollie era and cannot stand my frustrations / refuses to be around whenever a game is on. It sucks and it really pains me that I cannot share one of the things i'm most passionate with her... all she knows is the past 5 years of what has happened with the program.

Reaction Score
I met my fiance (soon to be wife in a week and a half or so) some time after we won the championship in 2014. I tried to get her interested, but all she has known is the Ollie era and cannot stand my frustrations / refuses to be around whenever a game is on. It sucks and it really pains me that I cannot share one of the things i'm most passionate with her... all she knows is the past 5 years of what has happened with the program.
Same. It’s tough if your SO isn’t an alum. I don’t think you’d expect her to expect you to become a fan of her college’s sports.

CL82

Reaction Score
My wife ...Hates any sports on TV and gets pretty annoyed during the MBB season. Let's just say she spends a lot of time in the bedroom "watching the housewives" during the season lol.
Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Reaction Score
Choices are tough. There's a huge gap between "all sports thoroughly" and "sometimes for big events." My wife likes some pro sports (baseball and football) hates others (hockey) likes UConn MBB and WBB but not football, hockey or baseball. She also will watch WNBA games, which I don't particularly care for, with exception of some of playoff series. (Last year's Pheonix/Seattle series was pretty entertaining with former teammates and close friends Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi each trying to will their teams to the win, making one great play after another.)
I will admit, I did not put a great deal of thought into the choices. Usually the short answer portion of these things is more interesting anyway.

I think my wife would choose death when faced with watching soccer (that’s not even a choice in this scenario I tell her!). Baseball isn’t far behind in that respect. MBB she can put up with for a while, but their losing of late is a drag even on her. She can’t stand the NFL or make sense of NHL. Forget F1.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The wife is a big UConn basketball fan, both men and women, as I am. She was the one who got the tickets for this year's women's final four in Tampa.

As to other sports, she's a Red Sox fan and I'm a Yankees fan. No pro basketball, hockey or football for her.

Reaction Score
Same. It’s tough if your SO isn’t an alum. I don’t think you’d expect her to expect you to become a fan of her college’s sports.
Yep. Peruvian though, so I can get into the soccer bit.. basketball was a bit of an ask when the L's stack up, american football was actually a pretty easy transition - I was impressed how quickly she picked up all the rules.

Reaction Score
She hates golf, baseball & basketball (except UConn), ironically loves football. Can’t complain... if she has her phone she’s usually content until she looks up at the screen and I need to explain why the hell im watching a game she doesn’t know the teams. I can pray for healthy children all I want but the fingers will be crossed for athletic boys when the time comes.

Reaction Score
My wife is a big sports fan, especially when it comes to UConn sports. She loves UConn basketball, especially the women. To give you an idea about UConn baseball, Chris Jones is her favorite baseball announcer on any level.

CL82

Reaction Score
My wife isn't a UConn alum but she's adopted them and is relatively knowledgeable about them. Doesn't follow them off season but other than that she's an enthusiastic fan, especially for WBB. She a bit more bandwagony about the men's team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If there's a playoff/NCAA tournament game on for one of my teams at my place (I usually either host people to my place or get together with friends for playoff games) she'll usually sit and watch with us. Otherwise she doesn't pay much attention, although she does ask questions and retain the rules and strategy of the games pretty well.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So when we lived in Jersey I always got one ticket for the BE Tourney. I had a neighbor from Pitt, Syracuse and 2 from Villanova. We would go to every game and move around as seats were vacated. Towards the end I would scalp tickets for my wife if UCONN moved on. The one time I didn't was one of the top 10 traumatic experiences in our 45 year marriage.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
She hates golf, baseball & basketball (except UConn), ironically loves football. Can’t complain... if she has her phone she’s usually content until she looks up at the screen and I need to explain why the hell im watching a game she doesn’t know the teams. I can pray for healthy children all I want but the fingers will be crossed for athletic boys when the time comes.
How about athletic girls?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My wife loves tailgating/doing drinks and going to the XL but refuses to let me watch on TV most of the time. Luckily she works third shift a lot the rest of the time passes out at 8.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
We’re a sports family. Travel/ AAU girls basketball between 3 kids, year round. It never ends. We go out to girls highschool games regularly. We watch UConn girls and boys games when there is time.

Reaction Score
Mine loves baseball (divided household) and basketball (especially playoffs March madness), tolerates football. Always prefers watching live sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom