Does UConn Make the Tournament

Does UConn make the tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 257 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
We will be on the fence sweating bullets. DH needs to be able to pull this team together without Bouk. Even if he returns, there will likely be some rust. Really sucks he’s out, but we have to find somebody to step up like CV last year..

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
We found him. His name is James.

The problem is we have no one stepping up to be a 19-20 Bouknight.

We will be on the fence sweating bullets. DH needs to be able to pull this team together without Bouk. Even if he returns, there will likely be some rust. Really sucks he’s out, but we have to find somebody to step up like CV last year..

Reaction Score
Interestingly, UConn lost to Creighton and moved up two in Net Rankings...same as Creighton did with the win.

Reaction Score
Big difference between Net and KenPom rankings for some teams....

Drake is #62 in KenPom.

Reaction Score
The problem right now is we have no consistent scorer. I thought Polley & Martin would bridge the gap until Bouk returns but not happening last couple games. One of them needs to score 20 for us to have a chance at wins until Bouk is back.

Hate to say this but both of those guys would be even better with their skill sets having Bouk in the line up. Not having that stud scorer makes our guys so much easier to defend.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
In a normal season, our current record 10 games in facing a bunch of cupcakes would be concerning. But in a normal season this point in January this team would have another 7 or 8 wins (potentially another USC caliber win among them).

We would be a 14-3 team right now in a normal season, with a neutral win over the best PAC12 team and 3 road BE wins (the Marquette win was great).

Record won’t be a big factor this year, as long as we are a few games over .500 we should be good.

Win a few games vs Hall, PC, Xavier, Marquette, Nova and avoid future losses to butler, John’s and Georgetown and we should be a lock.

BET games will only improve our seed line.

Reaction Score
In a normal season, our current record 10 games in facing a bunch of cupcakes would be concerning. But in a normal season this point in January this team would have another 7 or 8 wins (potentially another USC caliber win among them).

We would be a 14-3 team right now in a normal season, with a neutral win over the best PAC12 team and 3 road BE wins (the Marquette win was great).

Record won’t be a big factor this year, as long as we are a few games over .500 we should be good.

Win a few games vs Hall, PC, Xavier, Marquette, Nova and avoid future losses to butler, John’s and Georgetown and we should be a lock.

BET games will only improve our seed line.
I think this says it perfectly. The only concerning thing is, if they aren't going to look much at our out of conference record for signature wins, like USC, because we don't have many games, what about teams that do have signature wins out of conference and a 500 or just under 500 conference record. I just hope that you can manage to narrow down the field to 68 with a fair way to do it.
And what if we do finish 500 or say 11-9 in big east, what place does that leave us in? Could potentially be the 5th or 6th spot no? That seems to put us right on the bubble. Lunardi has said all along that only 5 big east teams are getting in, and he has stuck to that in his projections.

Reaction Score
It'll just be a timing thing. If we get enough games with Bouknight back, then yes. And if we get in, we're going to the Sweet 16 at least
We don’t have the backcourt to go that deep. In the college game guards get you deep into the tournament. Bouknight is a scorer but only average defender. The rest are what they are.

Reaction Score
I think this says it perfectly. The only concerning thing is, if they aren't going to look much at our out of conference record for signature wins, like USC, because we don't have many games, what about teams that do have signature wins out of conference and a 500 or just under 500 conference record. I just hope that you can manage to narrow down the field to 68 with a fair way to do it.
And what if we do finish 500 or say 11-9 in big east, what place does that leave us in? Could potentially be the 5th or 6th spot no? That seems to put us right on the bubble. Lunardi has said all along that only 5 big east teams are getting in, and he has stuck to that in his projections.
I nobody has signature wins this year. COVID makes predicting the tournament more difficult for sure. How do you even compare conference strengths when very few teams played many games. And teams stopped and started. Given that I suspect you can pretty much assume that the field will be heavy on major conference members. Probably more so than usual. It is just easier. Nobody is going to question taking an extra ACC team over the regular season Mid major champ that got upset in its tournament. Given that, I think if we finish 5 th or better we are a lock. 8 or worse no way and 6-7 it will be a coin flip.
Of course as with everything this year COVID is the wild card. Imagine a scenario where the Big East teams arrive in NY and the top seed announces a player tested positive so they are out.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If I’m USC I’m starting to get concerned how bad their loss to us is goin go to look in March

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s a weird season. I think “the eye test” will be weighted more heavily than a normal year. With the Bouknight healthy and available, we pass the eye test.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Really? By reading this site you would think UConn was the only team to lose a game all season.
ikr? and howzaboot our 'worst-in-the world' ft shooting? i mean, yesterday we actually missed two! turrible. fire everyone.

Reaction Score
voted yes, but more of a maybe

this is the craziest regular season ever

Reaction Score

Still safely in. This board whines to no end that UConn does not get enough respect from the media yet no entity or person craps on UConn more than this board.

Reaction Score

Still safely in. This board whines to no end that UConn does not get enough respect from the media yet no entity or person craps on UConn more than this board.
This has Xavier as a 6 seed and Creighton as a 8 seed. Seems off,no?

Reaction Score
Guess it wasn't that hard to find a win.
We haven't played Nova, S Hall, Xavier or Providence....those will be 8 tough games with or without Bouk. We've won the BE games (besides SJ) that had to win.

Not being a downer but other than GTown all the rest of our BE games will be much tougher than DePaul and Butler which are 4 of our 5 BE wins.

The BE season shifts into overdrive starting Thurs, rest up fellas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We haven't played Nova, S Hall, Xavier or Providence....those will be 8 tough games with or without Bouk. We've won the BE games (besides SJ) that had to win.

Not being a downer but other than GTown all the rest of our BE games will be much tougher than DePaul and Butler which are 4 of our 5 BE wins.

The BE season shifts into overdrive starting Thurs, rest up fellas.
Those 4 teams also haven’t played us..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom