Does UConn Make the Tournament

Does UConn make the tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 257 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Like I said 1 million times this past week the St. John’s loss was the killer - you can’t lose games like that -you just can’t -that loss changed everything. Creighton loss was pretty much going to happen regardless , but it wouldn’t be so bad if we beat St. John’s and you know we’re gonna get waxed by nova -it’s not even worth worrying about it or banging your head up against the wall - until bouk comes back, this is how it’s gonna be. Get JB back on the floor and I’ll be super psyched again -until then , we just got a ride out the storm. Like the poster above me said we just have to minimize the damage till Bouk comes back to put us in a spot to be on the bubble come late February -I swear we have the worst luck -every week the news just gets worse and worse. We re so due for a good stretch of luck it’s not even funny. Hang in there peeps.

Reaction Score
Because we're fans of the team and care about whether we go to the Tournament?

1) We are definitely not "obviously a tournament team"
2) "Healthy we are top 15" doesn't mean ____ because that's completely subjective and the Committee has total discretion about whether to take Bouknight's absence into account.

Find me a bracket we are not in.

Reaction Score
Yes, this team has a couple of big wins in them without bouk. They’re resilient

Reaction Score
If we are 100% healthy, I think so, but with James out for over a month, Andre out for a month, and Akok a non factor this year, looks like another missed tournament.
Healthy from the start of the season and we are a high seed with a chance at a serious run, our current predicament bubble team and feels like a likely miss if Bouk doesn't come back.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
With Sanogos improving confidence and Jackson returning soon, we should be a slightly better team by February.

Reaction Score
Yes. That is called reality, not fantasy. So you are wrong, we are quite obviously a tournament team right now, as much as that pains you.

What if we go 14-0 the rest of the way? Bubble team?
No, I'm the one operating in reality. We've looked pretty bad without our best player, who is going to be missing for another 7 games.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Will there be a conference tournament? If yes, I think that will be our only shot. Team gets healthy. Catches lightning in a bottle.

Reaction Score
No, I'm the one operating in reality. We've looked pretty bad without our best player, who is going to be missing for another 7 games.
We are 3-2 with 4 of those games on the road and 1 of the losses being a single digit loss at a top 15 team that we would have tough time beating with Bouk. Basically, Bouk is the difference in 1 game to date.

Your record prediction does not match Kenpom's or any other sites. But sure, lets live in your reality, sounds fun

Reaction Score
Bouknight will be back in 2 weeks...heard from an inside source yesterday. We will be just fine. Take the negativity elsewhere
The report in the game today by actual journalists who talked to our actual coach -- not your BS source -- is 4-6 weeks from the date of the surgery, which was the 13th.

That means maybe he's back for Villanova on 2/20.

Reaction Score
This next week is huge. Butler, Villanova, St. John's. We have to win one of the Butler/St. John's games, and if we win both, then I think we are in ok shape. I believe we have a full week off then.

Reaction Score
Bouknight changes everything makes everyone better. Not having a really solid #2 guard hurts us bad.

Reaction Score
The report in the game today by actual journalists who talked to our actual coach -- not your BS source -- is 4-6 weeks from the date of the surgery, which was the 13th.

If it is 6 weeks yes, but not if it is 4, but that prediction is perfect window into your mind.

Reaction Score

Maybe my source is an actual assistant coach. And maybe Hurley is trying to temper expectations to the rest of the league. This is basketball, not tennis.

Reaction Score
This next week is huge. Butler, Villanova, St. John's. We have to win one of the Butler/St. John's games, and if we win both, then I think we are in ok shape. I believe we have a full week off then.
We can go 2-1 and lose a close game to Nova but the same people on here will question if we will make the NIT

Reaction Score
Bouknight changes everything makes everyone better. Not having a really solid #2 guard hurts us bad.
Agree. Take the best player off any team (esp of they are a first round pick nevermind lottery) then also take their best defensive player and top rated freshman as well and let’s see how that team fares. The roster without Bouknight, Akok and AJax is decent but not top tier Big East

Reaction Score

4 weeks would have him out another 4 games and back on 2/10 against Providence. We'll probably be favored in 7+ or our remaining 12 regular season games.

Reaction Score
We can go 2-1 and lose a close game to Nova but the same people on here will question if we will make the NIT
There is no excuse for the defense they played today. We have seen them play better defense. They have regressed in the last two games. For whatever reason, Cole's on man defense was ineffective. His man would beat him and we were playing 4 on 5. Happened against SJU as well.

I'm not talking about winning or losing. Both St John's and Creighton were in their comfort zone for both of these games. This is the kind of game where Calhoun would blame our intensity.

I mean how many deflections did we have. It didn't seem like very many. We were behind the ball all day.

Reaction Score

Hurley doesn’t give honest updates to journalists. These journalists barely have more access than fans and less access than people who have a couple contacts in the program. I would actually recommend a younger journalist to be on the UConn beat. They would actually be able to form relationships and contacts with players, team managers, etc..the kid that gets a lot of recruiting info (I forget his name) does it by DMing kids and becoming friendly with them.

Reaction Score
I am 50.01% sure we will make the tourney so I voted yes but we have a completely ridiculous schedule starting Feb 6 with 4 games against GOOD teams who will be fighting for their at large lives. How many, if any, of those games will james be back for? Because we need 2 wins there minimum.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Losses in the Big East won’t hurt our resume as much as losses in the AAC did, so I say yes, we still make the tournament.
It’s hard to find wins on our schedule. That butler cancel Tuesday will hurt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom