Does this team miss.. Josh Carlton? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Does this team miss.. Josh Carlton?

Reaction Score
Can't you let him have this?
I’m rooting for the guy and will continue to. But in a thread where we’re discussing his value to this team, I’m just pointing out that he’s still the same guy he was at UConn.

Reaction Score
It's hard to blame him. He didn't commit to play for Dan. He committed to play for Houston.

He is in the right place at the right time.
Yes we miss him. Would love to have him here, however he played 4 years here and imo not coached correctly and gave it his all. Hurley demands a certain defensive strategy that Carlton just was not able to grasp physically. I'm very happy for him in Houston. He made the right decision to transfer. Good to him, thank you and good luck Josh.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
For the last month? Yes

Otherwise very few minutes for Josh. He's in a better place for him

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm happy for Josh and hope he has all the success in the world (unless we meet in the tournament).

I'm also happy with Whaley and Adama being our top two big men.

Reaction Score
Two time AAC most improved player
A lot of the doubters of Josh are the same doubters of the current staff and players.

He was never a bad player and Houston is getting what they need from him. Albeit, Sampson is a fantastic coach.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Do we miss him? A tiny bit, yes.

When we have been better off in some of the games if he was here? Yes.

Is it better off for all parties that he has moved on? Absolutely.

Reaction Score
It's hard to blame him. He didn't commit to play for Dan. He committed to play for Houston.
This didn’t seem like a critical comment to me to make. Seemed rather diplomatic. Dan & Josh,CV, Rique, IW have all said things like this in the past. Specifically building the UConn culture back

Reaction Score
Wintering in Houston. Cougars are real and Josh seems content..I was down real low and had Huskies t on
Got a little nod and smi kk e from the big guy.

Reaction Score
Glad he’s having a nice year he’s a great kid. And Sampson is a good coach for him does a nice job with all his bigs.

Reaction Score
Wintering in Houston. Cougars are real and Josh seems content..I was down real low and had Huskies t on
Got a little nod and smi kk e from the big guy.
Losing two of their best players, going to be tough to overcome

Reaction Score
Glad he’s having a nice year he’s a great kid. And Sampson is a good coach for him does a nice job with all his bigs.
Absolutely
The exposure is what he needs if he is looking to play professionally somewhere especially higher tier.
We tend to group overseas together but there is a significant difference in leagues.
There are 8-9 top leagues where a star in that league can make 7 figures.However Averages are in the lower to mid 6. They usually have a foreigner limit.
They tend to be wealthier countries , Spain , Italy , Germany, UK, France ,
Israel, China, Turkey and possibly even Japan.. Where you play is huge.
RB , is in France and JA in Israel.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s having a real good season so far:

9FA70068-9572-43E4-8AA2-80FF95EE77BF.jpeg

Reaction Score
So who would you bench to play Carlton?
It’s not about benching players. It’s about circulating players into the game based on game flow, fouls, and certain looks. Houston is pretty guard heavy and Carlton is their number 2 F/C and playing extremely efficiently at 19mins with 11ppg. He wouldn’t get the same amount of minutes here but would still be used. He’s where he should be and getting utilized the way he should.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It’s not about benching players. It’s about circulating players into the game based on game flow, fouls, and certain looks. Houston is pretty guard heavy and Carlton is their number 2 F/C and playing extremely efficiently at 19mins with 11ppg. He wouldn’t get the same amount of minutes here but would still be used. He’s where he should be and getting utilized the way he should.

The post I was responding to seemed to imply that Carlton would be playing over Sanogo and/or Whaley here. I wish Josh the best and am happy he's having success in Houston.

Reaction Score
yeah but ... you would think some of the smarty pants youth around here who spouted meanspirited Josh Carlton posts would show up and say: Kid is proving me wrong. HE always had a certain skillset. You can play him full minutes against certain teams and for a specific role. He just didn't fit the way Coach Hurley wanted to play most 40 minutes. 30 and 11 is proof that he is a darn good college ballplayer.

Reaction Score
I'm really happy to see Josh playing well. He's a great kid and always had skills. Couldn't be happier to see him putting it all together and playing well for a very good team.

With that being said, he would've been behind Sanogo in our rotation. Before getting hurt, Sanogo was our best player. And playing Carlton and Sanogo together isn't really an option. Sanogo is the much better player, no matter how you look at it. Carlton wanted more guaranteed playing time than backing up Sanogo.

Could we have really used Carlton when Sanogo was down? Of course! But Josh wasn't going to sign-up to come back for a 5th year to simply be depth on our bench in the event of an injury to Sanogo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom