Does The Cardinals Run Remind You Of Our Run | The Boneyard

Does The Cardinals Run Remind You Of Our Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Goes to show you momentum is more important then rest obviously battling back from 10.5 games back/5 games in 5 days is not a recipe that you want to repeat. Both hall of fame coaches/manager in Calhoun and Larussa. No one will ever win 5 games in 5 days again, some team will battle back from 10.5 games out but not for a long time.

Reaction Score
I know it is an overused word, but some teams just have that "destiny" feel to them. Throughout the runs of the Cardinals and Huskies, every bounce went their way, every player on the roster stepped up at some point, and every time these teams had their backs against the wall, they managed to respond.

Reaction Score
both teams had to answer the same questions every night are you tired, how tired are you. Resiliency and a never say die attitude.

Reaction Score
The Cardinals had to win 11 games in the playoffs. UConn did as well. Just another similarity to through in there.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've been a Cardinal fan since I was 5 and this totally reminded me of the UConn run. 10.5 back then they had to play the favorite to win it all, Philly and end up winning on the road in the 5th on a 1-0 shutout by Carpenter. The last time a pitcher threw a complete game shutout to win a deciding game was more than 20 years ago. Pujos tied and broke so many records in game 3 with three homeruns and a bag full of RBIs and hits, but he did it in a game where they had already sewn it up early. But the performance by Freese in game 6 is just epic. Nobody has ever done what he did and may not happen for another 100+ years of baseball. Add in the 2 run double in game 7 to tie it in the first instead of having to play catch up all game was really huge. It's nice to be the fan of the NCAA championship and MLB World Series winners. Alas, I'm also a fan of the Cardinals in football, so it won't be a triple for me :).

This was a great series and had one of the most memorable World Series games of all time. I'm a happy camper.

Reaction Score
I would say absolutely. It was destiny all the way. 2 out rallies are awesome. Weren't some at 2 strikes?

Reaction Score
John Wooden always preached how important it was to peak at the end of the season,not sooner. Not easy to do, but it's what the greatest coaches are able to accomplish. JC, in his early years at UConn, sometimes drove his teams so hard, so early that they peaked early. Now, he's become a master of working the accelerator pedal.

Reaction Score
Goes to show you momentum is more important then rest obviously battling back from 10.5 games back/5 games in 5 days is not a recipe that you want to repeat. Both hall of fame coaches/manager in Calhoun and Larussa. No one will ever win 5 games in 5 days again, some team will battle back from 10.5 games out but not for a long time.

What did the Cardinals do? Was there baseball being played still last night?;)

Reaction Score
Nah baseball is too boring to compare the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom