Does Randy get another year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Does Randy get another year?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not to be rude, but why on earth would Stoops take a job like UConn which is a literal kick in the nuts? OC at Alabama is probably a bigger job than HC at UConn.

Locksley taking over for Randy would be pretty amazing given their history together.

Don't feed the trolls.

Reaction Score
3376a21b4b5d11d502bff8afe252466a001.jpg

Honestly, I don't know if he should even finish the season, but I don't know what options we have.
I cannot believe this post. What a M*****!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Jeez I thought New York fans were impatient,here we’ve been in the dirt since RE left and we want to get rid of him half way through a rebuild.... Boneyard= delusional

Part of the reason we've been in the dirt is because he left in the first place, with no prior notice or warning, leaving the program scrambling around looking for a head coach about a month before Feb. signing day. That was the beginning of a snowball rolling downhill, thanks to our totally inept school and athletics administrations ever since. That whole situation was due to his own selfishness and arrogance, wanting to coach the team in the Fiesta Bowl. He was somehow able to keep a lid on the Maryland situation for his own self serving reasons.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Part of the reason we've been in the dirt is because he left in the first place, with no prior notice or warning, leaving the program scrambling around looking for a head coach about a month before Feb. signing day. That was the beginning of a snowball rolling downhill, thanks to our totally inept school and athletics administrations ever since. That whole situation was due to his own selfishness and arrogance, wanting to coach the team in the Fiesta Bowl. He was somehow able to keep a lid on the Maryland situation for his own self serving reasons.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is no guarantee, all we have is Right here right now! Support the kids we will eventually comeback

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So many reasons why this idea of RE not having another year, let alone another 2 or 3, is ludicrous.

1) We don't have the money to hire anyone else.

2) We don't have the allure to even draw any possible candidates. This is sad considering any possible candidate would either be a coordinator or come from FCS. No FBS coach is leaving to come here.

3) This is likely the largest reason - no one will take this job knowing the past three coaches were only give 3 years to turn around a G5 school that hasn't had a winning season since 2018 and is in the Northeast (not a recruiting hotbed).

This job is a long term rebuild for any coach. No one with any sense would take this job knowing they'd likely only be given 3 years to turn it around. In football that is a near impossible task. It's not like basketball, where one or two top recruits can turn things around in a hurry.

Reaction Score
So many reasons why this idea of RE not having another year, let alone another 2 or 3, is ludicrous.

1) We don't have the money to hire anyone else.

2) We don't have the allure to even draw any possible candidates. This is sad considering any possible candidate would either be a coordinator or come from FCS. No FBS coach is leaving to come here.

3) This is likely the largest reason - no one will take this job knowing the past three coaches were only give 3 years to turn around a G5 school that hasn't had a winning season since 2018 and is in the Northeast (not a recruiting hotbed).

This job is a long term rebuild for any coach. No one with any sense would take this job knowing they'd likely only be given 3 years to turn it around. In football that is a near impossible task. It's not like basketball, where one or two top recruits can turn things around in a hurry.
I think regardless of the candidate pool, continuity is the most important factor. We’ll never recruit the type of talent that someone else will be able to pick up and win 10 games.

There’s something to be said for stability in a program. I know that RE is stubborn as a mule and the past 2 years have been brutally painful, but he can develop talent better than anyone we’ve had here.

Let him go at least 2 years and potentially finish his contract. If we’re significantly improved at that point, there will be decisions to be made on the future of the program.

Reaction Score
He gets at least 2 more, after that, the whole program may collapse as three AD’s and three coaches have failed to hire correctly and turn the program around.
He gets two more, but FBS football is not collapsing anytime soon in Storrs. The school is beyond the point of no return (to FCS). The school and the state has invested way to much to turn back now. The athletic dept, administration, and fans, are just going to have to get use to having a lousy FBS football program for the next couple of years and beyond that maybe. The basketball programs, field hockey, baseball and soccer will be the strength of the athletic dept for the foreseeable future. It's not easy fielding a respectable football program, just ask Rutgers, Kansas, UMass, Louisville, East Carolina, and Tulsa.

Reaction Score
Hell, I'd take Whipple, but I don't think he'd want the job
Yes he would take it because he is getting fired by UMass at the end of the year. That’s how bad the loss was last week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom