Does Randy get another year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does Randy get another year?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Randy probably gets 2 more unless next year is a lot worse than this year. And at this point that's certainly possible
It kind of seems like next year's team could only be 1 loss worse than this year's team.

Reaction Score
In a newspaper article today (Neil Ostrout,Jim Fuller) Randy says he dosent care about winning or losing..what kind of message does that send to his young players?. If Im playing for a coach who throws guys under the bus and then says he dosent care about winning or losing its about the process I would need to rethink my committment.
If Im a recruit I simply might laugh
I'm with you... Imagine HCRE talking to an 18yr old recruit and his family.... 'we're building a program here and your boy will hopefully come back a better man, but for the next few years, your going to get the living p%ss beat of you 8-9 times a year and the public will look down at the program because we've been irrelevant for a decade'... but please sign this commitment letter...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He gets two more years unless next year is a level of tire fire even worse than this year. He's playing for 2020. He knows it. We know it. And I expect Benedict knows it.

The better question is, who lasts longer; Edsall or Benedict?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
He gets two more years unless next year is a level of tire fire even worse than this year. He's playing for 2020. He knows it. We know it. And I expect Benedict knows it.

Well, assuming Hurley pans out like we all expect I'd say Benedict's job is safe. He could, however, leave of his own accord somewhere down the line...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Well, assuming Hurley pans out like we all expect I'd say Benedict's job is safe. He could, however, leave of his own accord somewhere down the line...

That's the correct answer. Benedict is tied to Hurley's performance. I think we'll have a great year in hope hoops, but God help Benedict if we have a bad one...

Reaction Score
Randy probably gets 2 more unless next year is a lot worse than this year. And at this point that's certainly possible
How in any possible way could next year be any worse that this year??? We’re beaten RI .... that’s it .... on the last play of the game sack....

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
How in any possible way could next year be any worse that this year??? We’re beaten RI .... that’s it .... on the last play of the game sack....
Well were losing Pindell, Mayala, Maclean, Buss, Beals, with no real experienced replacements (the exception being Tyler Davis, Keyion Dixon), so Idt that being worse next year is too far fetched. I can't see how the defense really gets much better with the same cast of characters suiting up next year (albeit a year more experienced), but nothing I've seen this year suggests the defensive players are going to make giant leaps forward. Krejewski could be a good QB, but at this point, that is unknown.

Reaction Score
And he also said if people don’t like it tough
Good one Randy now ask people to fill the seats
What a smuck!
I was sick of him his 1st time here, because he is an absolute dunderhead when it comes to connecting with the fans. Most at UConn took for granted nearly 40k, coming out all the time. That is a distant memory now, and this buffoon is talking about not caring about wins and losses and expecting people to show up? This isn't Nebraska bro.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Jeez I thought New York fans were impatient,here we’ve been in the dirt since RE left and we want to get rid of him half way through a rebuild.... Boneyard= delusional

Reaction Score
Jeez I thought New York fans were impatient,here we’ve been in the dirt since RE left and we want to get rid of him half way through a rebuild.... Boneyard= delusional
We shouldn’t get rid of him. It’s stupid to say that. Two years doesn’t do much. Let him do his thing

Reaction Score

Benedict will be gone within a year of the new President's hire. Standard operating procedure - the new leader will want his/her team.

Reaction Score
I think he gets all 3 years left on his (unsigned?) contract, so long as each year there is something he can point to as real progress with a straight face. Next year the wins may again not total more than 1 or 2, but if the losses are by less breathtaking margins, say about 14-17 points on average, and the opponents yardage doesn't always read like a typo, he will be OK with Benedict. The fact that the QB will be inexperienced next year will also give him some cover. The year after that the plot thickens. Everyone will expect more wins and I think if he gets at least 4 and the team takes several other opponents into the 4th quarter he will get to year 5. Hopefully year 5 is when it finally comes together and we get to a bowl. That's what I think the plan has been all along and AD Dave is, I think, on board with it. But if year 5 starts out like year 3 did for PP, he could conceivably be gone before mid-season.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Benedict will be gone within a year of the new President's hire. Standard operating procedure - the new leader will want his/her team.

Presidents don't operate that way. Coaches do, but not presidents. The new president will only get rid of him if the public asks for it. They'd rather focus on academics if they can...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

We’ll win three games next year tops. Our best offensive player graduates and our best WR. Defense will be mostly the same, but probably not much better. Pindell is our only asset this year. I think we’ll probably win 2 games next year if I had to bet on it

Reaction Score
I need to see the team fail like this with a full complement of of upperclassmen before I talk about canning Edsall. Who are we realistically going to get otherwise?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom