Does Blaney stay assistant? | The Boneyard

Does Blaney stay assistant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Calhoun gone does Coach Blaney stay assistant or does he leave as well? I could see him leaving with Calhoun or also staying out the season to assist Ollie into a smoother transition.

H

Husk-E

Unless KO really doesn't want him to stay for next season he will probably stay for at least another year. he could end up staying for longer though, you never know.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My assumption is that he'll stay.

I can't imagine why he wouldn't - more experience in the basketball office this year, the better.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
heard he will stay one more year
Good Lord, why??? Calhoun kept him on way too long out of friendship and loyalty. Blaney brings nothing to the table from a recruiting or basketball perspective. If you want an experienced coach with Ollie, you have Hobbs. I hope someone is saddling up the horse for Blaney to ride off into the sunset on.

Reaction Score
Good Lord, why??? Calhoun kept him on way too long out of friendship and loyalty. Blaney brings nothing to the table from a recruiting or basketball perspective. If you want an experienced coach with Ollie, you have Hobbs. I hope someone is saddling up the horse for Blaney to ride off into the sunset on.

Huh? He has a wealth of experience and knows basketball like very few still do......KO needs this type of input day in-day out and if George wants to stay it is a plus........

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Huh? He has a wealth of experience and knows basketball like very few still do......KO needs this type of input day in-day out and if George wants to stay it is a plus........
He's in his 70's, was never a great head coach (don't bring up Holy Cross please), and the game passed him by a long time ago. Let's bring a young, energetic recruiter on board or a great big man coach. That's what the team needs at this point in time.

Reaction Score
I heard he wants to stay- but that the school would like him to leave. One more year would make sense- teach the young bucks for one more year- then exit gracefully.

Reaction Score
I imagine that Blaney is going to stay for support and as a sacrificial lamb come next season should Ollie's first year as head coach leave people clamoring for blood. For all the that he takes the man has been loyal to JC and the program.

Reaction Score
You oughta jump off a bridge for what you just said by disrespecting a Great man and coach in George Robert Blaney! This man has been a great right hand man for Mr C, and could have easily left to head coach again somewhere else Like my old coach Howie Dickerman did. I can't believe the utter disrespect you are showing one of the iconic faces in Uconn basketball history! If it was up to me I would have gave Coach Blaney the head coaching job for a few years and let coach K.O. ease into it. You must not really get the impact that coach Blaney has on this program.I truly believe that coach Blaney is by far the best assistant in college basketball and has been for a very long time!I would even take it a step further and making a award for the best assistant each year and name it the George Blaney award, Thats how much respect i have for this man! Hes the type of coach you would run though a brick wall for!!He has done NOTHING but great things for this institution and its basketball program. I am very relived that coach Blaney is staying. I do hope and prey that it is longer then just this next year that is rumored. With all due respect to MR C. I will honestly be more sadden the day that George Robert Blaney leaves the Uconn program then I am today of Mr. C leaving. I always loved his heart and his passion that he gives on the bench. Hes a great man and deserves way more respect then what you are giving him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom