does anyone think coaching hires will be named before spring practice? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

does anyone think coaching hires will be named before spring practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NCAA FB Coaches convention starts this Sunday. I expect HCRE to have some ideas of who he might want a couple weeks after the convention.

It's laughable how stupid your post is. If only your knowledge of college coaching was equaled by your's and some other bonehead posters pomposity. No, Edsall isn't going (and doesn't need to go either) but Benedict is, as will people like Mark Dantonio, PJ Fleck, Kirk Ferentz, Joe Moorhead, Paul Crist, Lou Holtz. They don't need to go either, but they do, every year.

Peak Boneyard.

I didn't say that the convention was a waste of time, but if there's a year for him to skip it, it's certainly this year. Especially since he isn't hiring Mark Dantonio, PJ Fleck, Kirk Ferentz, Joe Moorhead, Paul Crist, or Lou Holtz.

I stand by my statement. If it takes a convention, and then another 2 weeks for him to "have some ideas of who he might want" then we are beyond screwed.

IF PJ Fleck is attending, I'm sure it has something to do with some hardware he's picking up as an AFCA Regional COY.

Reaction Score
Peak Boneyard.

I didn't say that the convention was a waste of time, but if there's a year for him to skip it, it's certainly this year. Especially since he isn't hiring Mark Dantonio, PJ Fleck, Kirk Ferentz, Joe Moorhead, Paul Crist, or Lou Holtz.

I stand by my statement. If it takes a convention, and then another 2 weeks for him to "have some ideas of who he might want" then we are beyond screwed.

IF PJ Fleck is attending, I'm sure it has something to do with some hardware he's picking up as an AFCA Regional COY.
Lou Holtz missed all the good parties. They are part his bed time. The convention is where assistants shop themselves. Randy does not need to be there but his OC and DC may need to be there

Reaction Score
Holy crow gents. We were just led to the very bottom of all of college football in offense and finished as one of the worst teams in CFB, and we are complaining about part time coaches, no new staff and no Moorhouse or Fleck. You could bring in high school coaches and fair no worse at this point. An ephin monkey with a dartboard could call a better game than what we had.
Relax and let the process happen.

Reaction Score
Holy crow gents. We were just led to the very bottom of all of college football in offense and finished as one of the worst teams in CFB, and we are complaining about part time coaches, no new staff and no Moorhouse or Fleck. You could bring in high school coaches and fair no worse at this point. An ephin monkey with a dartboard could call a better game than what we had.
Relax and let the process happen.
Aren't you making a point that we should be seeing more action publically? If sinking to the absolute bottom doesn't force action, what will?

The original post was really tongue in cheek. Yes I do expect the coaches to be named shortly. But as a fan, I am eager to see the direction this program is headed, and hoping for some sexy names people have heard of.

I am mostly neutral on Randy. Clearly some on here have a man crush on him as the mere utterance of something that might be perceived as critical results in a brash and defensive, or even snarky response.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Clearly some on here have a man crush on him as the mere utterance of something that might be perceived as critical results in a brash and defensive, or even snarky response.

How about swarmy responses?

Reaction Score
Aren't you making a point that we should be seeing more action publically? If sinking to the absolute bottom doesn't force action, what will?

The original post was really tongue in cheek. Yes I do expect the coaches to be named shortly. But as a fan, I am eager to see the direction this program is headed, and hoping for some sexy names people have heard of.

I am mostly neutral on Randy. Clearly some on here have a man crush on him as the mere utterance of something that might be perceived as critical results in a brash and defensive, or even snarky response.
I'm eager to see as well. Just sayin it will come.

Reaction Score

I am mostly neutral on Randy. Clearly some on here have a man crush on him as the mere utterance of something that might be perceived as critical results in a brash and defensive, or even snarky response.[/QUOTE]

Marty, no attack from me but with 3,000 posts you're just feeling things out on this forum? If you are going to be tongue in cheek you better be good at it. The fan base, what is left is on a razors edge. My guess is some took your OP as brash & snarky. :D
As for your criteria of coaches having sexy names. I know you mean that as popular and will not take it anywhere else. The last two sexy names failed miserably, be careful of what you wish for. ;)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The last two sexy names failed miserably, be careful of what you wish for.

Perhaps you missed the picture I posted in another thread. If so, here it is again:

Paul-Pasqualoni-Photo.jpg

There is absolutely nothing sexy about Paul Pasqualoni, including his name.

Reaction Score
MattMag23
Can you read??? What part of my comment went over your head? ;)
Contrary to your belief, photos like this could hurt your popularity. Damn close to your avatar. How much can a fan base take????

Reaction Score
I am one of those fans on the very real border of apathy...
I really don't care if some took my post as snarky.

I've found that something as benign as, "hi" will be construed as anti something by somebody on this board. That's just fact.
I don't think I'm the only person that is a little anxious for the final staff members to be named. And, given that we've seen questionable coaching moves in the past under the guise of expediency and recruiting necessity (yes, from Randy as well as other coaches), the fact we're now into Jan 11th and still waiting does raise eyebrows.

If they have their guys, say so. What could possibly be the delay now in at least outlining the process and situation? The fact they aren't saying anything could be a sign they don't have their guys yet.

I really expect the coaches to be announced in the next day or so. That might answer some questions. But I really don't think people will be thrilled to see that this wait resulted in former QB coach from Podunk U who had the #3 QB in all do D2.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I've found that something as benign as, "hi" will be construed as anti something by somebody on this board. That's just fact.
I don't think I'm the only person that is a little anxious for the final staff members to be named. And, given that we've seen questionable coaching moves in the past under the guise of expediency and recruiting necessity (yes, from Randy as well as other coaches), the fact we're now into Jan 11th and still waiting does raise eyebrows.

If they have their guys, say so. What could possibly be the delay now in at least outlining the process and situation? The fact they aren't saying anything could be a sign they don't have their guys yet.

I really expect the coaches to be announced in the next day or so. That might answer some questions. But I really don't think people will be thrilled to see that this wait resulted in former QB coach from Podunk U who had the #3 QB in all do D2.

This is actually worse than listening to CCarl & Weyou campaign for Diaco and Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score

One possibility is that the OC and DC are coming from the NFL and they haven't wrapped things up there yet. Just a possibility.

Reaction Score
I think we will find out by EOD today who the coordinators are. If not, then I will be concerned that we have not been able to land the guys we want, and are on plan C or D. If it is an NFL guy still coaching, they could still communicate it. The fact NOTHING at all has leaked out is surprising (and frustrating). No coaches saying they were contacted by UConn but are staying with XYZ school... nada... nothing... zip.

How many days until signing day?

Reaction Score
This is actually worse than listening to CCarl & Weyou campaign for Diaco and Pasqualoni.
I don't think anyone was campaigning for Diaco & Pasqualoni. More like I was calling out Boneyard posters who take cheap personal shots at the UConn coaching staff whoever they might be. I don't have to agree with their coaching philosophies or their track record but I do respect them for at least trying where many won't even consider the job. Do they deserve cheap personal shots? No. That just makes some UConn fans look petty and rude. Do they deserve criticism when they don't get the job done, hell yeah, but constructive criticism.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone was campaigning for Diaco & Pasqualoni. More like I was calling out Boneyard posters who take cheap personal shots at the UConn coaching staff whoever they might be. I don't have to agree with their coaching philosophies or their track record but I do respect them for at least trying where many won't even consider the job. Do they deserve cheap personal shots? No. That just makes some UConn fans look petty and rude. Do they deserve criticism when they don't get the job done, hell yeah, but constructive criticism.

#deleteyouraccount

Reaction Score
#deleteyouraccount

Congrats Whaler, while I might get some votes for being overly optimistic, surely you just might be the #1 cheap shot artist on the board. You actually appear to revel in piling on people with whom you disagree. That is old school yard behavior that most of us hopefully learned from and outgrew years ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Congrats Whaler, while I might get some votes for being overly optimistic, surely you just might be the #1 cheap shot artist on the board. You actually appear to revel in piling on people with whom you disagree. That is old school yard behavior that most of us hopefully learned from and outgrew years ago.

Congrats Carl: No one has ever been more wrong for a longer period of time than you. Instead of just saying - gee maybe I was 100% totally and completely wrong - you want to take some ridiculous moral high ground.

It was a good opportunity for you to learn how the sport works - instead you've buried your head deeper in the sand.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Would Richardson have signed on when he did without some clue as to who the OC, or the short list of OC candidates, was? I doubt it. My guess is there was a short list of candidates at the time, maybe ranked A, B, & C, and the delay since then has been due to some combination of contract negotiations, NFL-related commitments and (I suspect) DB playing a very active role in this particular decision.

I'm sure DB is making sure we bring in a dynamic (i.e. "multiple") OC. The fact he's basically stated this publicly, and the fact Richardson is already on board, gives me hope we land the type of OC we need to compete and win. That's my logic anyway, and one can always hope, too.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Would Richardson have signed on when he did without some clue as to who the OC, or the short list of OC candidates, was? I doubt it. My guess is there was a short list of candidates at the time, maybe ranked A, B, & C, and the delay since then has been due to some combination of contract negotiations, NFL-related commitments and (I suspect) DB playing a very active role in this particular decision.

I'm sure DB is making sure we bring in a dynamic (i.e. "multiple") OC. The fact he's basically stated this publicly, and the fact Richardson is already on board, gives me hope we land the type of OC we need to compete and win. That's my logic anyway, and one can always hope, too.

There is no "DB," "ADD,", or even "A.D.D." Only Athletic Director Dave (Okay, so AD Dave is also acceptable). :p

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Oh no, the world will think of UConn fans on the Internet being "rude" to coaches with losing records. As opposed to every other fan base on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom