does anyone think coaching hires will be named before spring practice? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

does anyone think coaching hires will be named before spring practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The best thing to come out of this thread is the smarmy responses and the detour into a discussion over Coming to America, one of the best Rom-Coms of all time.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm still not even sure what smarmy means but don't want to ruin my current thoughts by Googling it.

smarmy.jpg

Reaction Score
If all the existing coaches have been relieved of their duty and we're waiting for Edsall to finish his stint with the Lions, who is actually moving things forward with the team?

Little surprised this hasn't been resolved sooner.
The NCAA FB Coaches convention starts this Sunday. I expect HCRE to have some ideas of who he might want a couple weeks after the convention.

Reaction Score
Really need to change job posting policy for coach roles. Either exempt them, as someone from finance or HR can not apply and get hired as linebackers coach or allow to hire during posting period as sure several coaches would have been officially hired by now.

Reaction Score
If Edsall needs to attend a coaching convention to fill out his staff we are beyond screwed.

This is really a joke. Uconn hires a part time coach that walked out on the team a few years ago. Is not here for the most important time of before recruits are signed and nothing on his coaching staff. Yet we have a fan base that is celebrating his arrival. And the administration is keeping everyone in the dark.
Our fan base allows it to be run like like a second rate program so it won't change.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is really a joke. Uconn hires a part time coach that walked out on the team a few years ago. Is not here for the most important time of before recruits are signed and nothing on his coaching staff. Yet we have a fan base that is celebrating his arrival. And the administration is keeping everyone in the dark.
Our fan base allows it to be run like like a second rate program so it won't change.

Yeah, Joe Moorhead and P.J. Fleck were just dying to come here, but the second rate fans and administration made it not so.

Reaction Score
I agree with this part of your post 'Uconn hires'. The rest is just junk.

Reaction Score

You are right. This is a Connecticut problem. No other state has civil service laws covering the hiring of state employees, and no other fanbase is impatient for things to happen around a coaching change.

You deserve so much to have a better program than ours to root for. My hat goes off to you.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
And now that Jon Wholly has been outed as one of our coaches, are people satisfied that HCRE is, in fact, not just collecting a paycheck, but is doing stuff?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Randy's contact list is extensive. Anyone thinking he needs to go to a convention to find coaches or that he hasn't had people in mind from Day 1 do not know about Randy. Let's not let the truth get in the way of facts. We will know who the coaches are shortly and even more importantly, the incoming recruits will know who his coaches are.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Randy's contact list is extensive. Anyone thinking he needs to go to a convention to find coaches or that he hasn't had people in mind from Day 1 do not know about Randy. Let's not let the truth get in the way of facts. We will know who the coaches are shortly and even more importantly, the incoming recruits will know who his coaches are.
Agreed
Some dolts just like to post crap about P/T coach and other gibberish just to get a rise out of other dolts and try to pick up some likes
HCRE has been in the game long enough to have a great rolodex but the secret is convincing them to come to Connecticut - hopefully he will have some cash to work with

Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_5632.jpg
    IMG_5632.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 32

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I am not by any means sold on Edsall 2.0 (as @WingU-Conn can attest), but unless you've been living in a cave for the last week and a half, the joke is on you.

Reaction Score
I am not by any means sold on Edsall 2.0 (as @WingU-Conn can attest), but unless you've been living in a cave for the last week and a half, the joke is on you.
It's fair to be skeptical of Edsall. Nobody is "wrong" to be unenthusiastic about this hire.

But some of these other posts are peak boneyard.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's fair to be skeptical of Edsall. Nobody is "wrong" to be unenthusiastic about this hire.

But some of these other posts are peak boneyard.
I think you remember that referred to him as St. Randall and that some here hold him up to be the second coming of Lombardi. I was dead wrong about Diaco and I'm skeptical about Edsall 2.0, but I'm willing to give him at least a half chance.

Reaction Score
Claerly his priority is the lions right now. I don't see the lions willingly keeping him around for hugs and high-fives.
Well, there's that opinion, an existing Lions' contract, and a media report Edsall was requested to continue his contractually-agreed work until the Lions' season ends. Not so sure the latter 2 considerations equate to "hugs and high-fives", but they may very well supersede one opinion.

Reaction Score
If Edsall needs to attend a coaching convention to fill out his staff we are beyond screwed.
It's laughable how stupid your post is. If only your knowledge of college coaching was equaled by your's and some other bonehead posters pomposity. No, Edsall isn't going (and doesn't need to go either) but Benedict is, as will people like Mark Dantonio, PJ Fleck, Kirk Ferentz, Joe Moorhead, Paul Crist, Lou Holtz. They don't need to go either, but they do, every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom