does anyone think coaching hires will be named before spring practice?

Discussion in 'UConn Football' started by Marty Jackson, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huskyrob1

huskyrob1

The NCAA FB Coaches convention starts this Sunday. I expect HCRE to have some ideas of who he might want a couple weeks after the convention.

2. WingU-Conn

WingU-Conn Apologista 2.0

If Edsall needs to attend a coaching convention to fill out his staff we are beyond screwed.

3. mac66

mac66

Really need to change job posting policy for coach roles. Either exempt them, as someone from finance or HR can not apply and get hired as linebackers coach or allow to hire during posting period as sure several coaches would have been officially hired by now.

4. tower1

tower1

This is really a joke. Uconn hires a part time coach that walked out on the team a few years ago. Is not here for the most important time of before recruits are signed and nothing on his coaching staff. Yet we have a fan base that is celebrating his arrival. And the administration is keeping everyone in the dark.
    Our fan base allows it to be run like like a second rate program so it won't change.

5. Stairmaster

Stairmaster Stainmaster?

Yeah, Joe Moorhead and P.J. Fleck were just dying to come here, but the second rate fans and administration made it not so.

tiger8mush, UCFBfan, Pudge and 2 others like this.
  6. Skiblets

Skiblets

I agree with this part of your post 'Uconn hires'. The rest is just junk.

7. sportsart

sportsart College Football has stage P5 cancer.

Don't feed the troll.

uconnbill and WingU-Conn like this.
  8. businesslawyer

businesslawyer

You are right. This is a Connecticut problem. No other state has civil service laws covering the hiring of state employees, and no other fanbase is impatient for things to happen around a coaching change.

You deserve so much to have a better program than ours to root for. My hat goes off to you.

9. MattMang23

MattMang23 Contrarian

He should just use ziprecruiter.

uconnbill, McHuski, Pudge and 2 others like this.
  10. MattMang23

MattMang23 Contrarian

And now that Jon Wholly has been outed as one of our coaches, are people satisfied that HCRE is, in fact, not just collecting a paycheck, but is doing stuff?

11. hardcorehusky

hardcorehusky Randy's back and you're gonna be sorry!!

Randy's contact list is extensive. Anyone thinking he needs to go to a convention to find coaches or that he hasn't had people in mind from Day 1 do not know about Randy. Let's not let the truth get in the way of facts. We will know who the coaches are shortly and even more importantly, the incoming recruits will know who his coaches are.

uconnell, kris1 and gtcam like this.
  12. gtcam

gtcam

Agreed
    Some dolts just like to post crap about P/T coach and other gibberish just to get a rise out of other dolts and try to pick up some likes
    HCRE has been in the game long enough to have a great rolodex but the secret is convincing them to come to Connecticut - hopefully he will have some cash to work with

13. WingU-Conn

Attached Files:

14. Husky25

Husky25 Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.

I am not by any means sold on Edsall 2.0 (as @WingU-Conn can attest), but unless you've been living in a cave for the last week and a half, the joke is on you.

15. WingU-Conn

It's fair to be skeptical of Edsall. Nobody is "wrong" to be unenthusiastic about this hire.

But some of these other posts are peak boneyard.

JMick and Husky25 like this.
  16. Husky25

Husky25 Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.

I think you remember that referred to him as St. Randall and that some here hold him up to be the second coming of Lombardi. I was dead wrong about Diaco and I'm skeptical about Edsall 2.0, but I'm willing to give him at least a half chance.

tjhusky likes this.
  17. NavinRJohnson

NavinRJohnson

I can confirm that I am not part of the Randy Edsall coaching staff for 2017.

HuskyBandDad likes this.
  18. Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Well, there's that opinion, an existing Lions' contract, and a media report Edsall was requested to continue his contractually-agreed work until the Lions' season ends. Not so sure the latter 2 considerations equate to "hugs and high-fives", but they may very well supersede one opinion.

19. huskyrob1

huskyrob1

It's laughable how stupid your post is. If only your knowledge of college coaching was equaled by your's and some other bonehead posters pomposity. No, Edsall isn't going (and doesn't need to go either) but Benedict is, as will people like Mark Dantonio, PJ Fleck, Kirk Ferentz, Joe Moorhead, Paul Crist, Lou Holtz. They don't need to go either, but they do, every year.

20. SeoulHuskyFan

SeoulHuskyFan On the bus with HCRFE 2.0

Nope. Smarmy is a thing.. in ample supply in the boneyard.

MattMang23 likes this.
  21. WingU-Conn

Peak Boneyard.

I didn't say that the convention was a waste of time, but if there's a year for him to skip it, it's certainly this year. Especially since he isn't hiring Mark Dantonio, PJ Fleck, Kirk Ferentz, Joe Moorhead, Paul Crist, or Lou Holtz.

I stand by my statement. If it takes a convention, and then another 2 weeks for him to "have some ideas of who he might want" then we are beyond screwed.

IF PJ Fleck is attending, I'm sure it has something to do with some hardware he's picking up as an AFCA Regional COY.

22. 06029

Lou Holtz missed all the good parties. They are part his bed time. The convention is where assistants shop themselves. Randy does not need to be there but his OC and DC may need to be there

FDNY99 likes this.
  23. Dogged

Dogged

Don't quit your day Job!

24. BlueDogs

BlueDogs

Holy crow gents. We were just led to the very bottom of all of college football in offense and finished as one of the worst teams in CFB, and we are complaining about part time coaches, no new staff and no Moorhouse or Fleck. You could bring in high school coaches and fair no worse at this point. An ephin monkey with a dartboard could call a better game than what we had.
    Relax and let the process happen.

HuskyBandDad, dwalks93, UC313 and 4 others like this.
  25. Marty Jackson

Marty Jackson

Aren't you making a point that we should be seeing more action publically? If sinking to the absolute bottom doesn't force action, what will?

The original post was really tongue in cheek. Yes I do expect the coaches to be named shortly. But as a fan, I am eager to see the direction this program is headed, and hoping for some sexy names people have heard of.

I am mostly neutral on Randy. Clearly some on here have a man crush on him as the mere utterance of something that might be perceived as critical results in a brash and defensive, or even snarky response.

FDNY99 likes this.
  26. MattMang23

MattMang23 Contrarian

How about swarmy responses?

27. Marty Jackson

Marty Jackson

haven't seen an swarmy responses.

28. BlueDogs

BlueDogs

I'm eager to see as well. Just sayin it will come.

warbler13 likes this.
  29. Woof 101

Woof 101

The original post was really tongue in cheek. Yes I do expect the coaches to be named shortly. But as a fan, I am eager to see the direction this program is headed, and hoping for some sexy names people have heard of.

I am mostly neutral on Randy. Clearly some on here have a man crush on him as the mere utterance of something that might be perceived as critical results in a brash and defensive, or even snarky response.[/QUOTE]

Marty, no attack from me but with 3,000 posts you're just feeling things out on this forum? If you are going to be tongue in cheek you better be good at it. The fan base, what is left is on a razors edge. My guess is some took your OP as brash & snarky. :D
    As for your criteria of coaches having sexy names. I know you mean that as popular and will not take it anywhere else. The last two sexy names failed miserably, be careful of what you wish for. ;)

30. MattMang23

MattMang23 Contrarian

Perhaps you missed the picture I posted in another thread. If so, here it is again:

Paul-Pasqualoni-Photo.jpg
    There is absolutely nothing sexy about Paul Pasqualoni, including his name.

Jerry27 and Marty Jackson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.