Does anyone know what Nate Miles is doing these days? | The Boneyard

Does anyone know what Nate Miles is doing these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've been searching around online a lot lately trying to figure out what's happened to Nate Miles and how he's doing and if he's playing anywhere. The most recent article I can find about him is from 2011 (re-posted in 2014) and it seems he was in pretty rough shape then. Does anybody have more up to date information on him?

Reaction Score
I've been searching around online a lot lately trying to figure out what's happened to Nate Miles and how he's doing and if he's playing anywhere. The most recent article I can find about him is from 2011 (re-posted in 2014) and it seems he was in pretty rough shape then. Does anybody have more up to date information on him?

ask yahoo sports

Reaction Score
It was Thamel and the NYT that hung the kid out to dry.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
The kids story growing up sucked, hope he somehow is dong okay as well as his sister who was sick. Amazing he never played here and people throw him under Fung Wah

Because after all the shady crap caused by his recruitment when he finally gets here what does he do before even his first official practice starts? Hitting a girl and violating a restraint order? He'd been on campus for what, a couple weeks?

Yeah he's going to be thrown under a bus. Kids make mistakes, but after all we went though to get him here, he could have been a lot smarter. I guess it worked out for the best as if we won anything with him in roster it could have caused issues.

I do hope he has found peace and success in life though.

Reaction Score
The saddest part about the whole Nate Miles thing is that he was thrown out of school .
This kid needed UConn a lot more than UConn needed him. No not even UConn he needed JC.
If he had 3 or 4 years of JC's tough love. His life could have had a different trajectory. One person can make a huge impact especially if the're as hard headed as Calhoun.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A little too much glee here....

I don't think he ever hit a woman - someone took out a restraining order which he violated. And then the woman who filed the order retracted the order...it was a perfect mess.

All things considered, it worked out for the best for UConn. For Nate, not so much...

The last I heard, he was recovered from a stabbing that collapsed both of his lungs. He was trying to get his career back on track with a barnstorming tour that was heading to China.

Kinda lost the thread on him after that.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Him and Dukie Vitale have been cooking up new storylines and narratives for Vitale to use during the next UConn game he covers.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

WAY too much. Kid had one of the most tragic upbringings You will ever see and it's incredibly unfortunate he wasn't able to escape it. Weird to see a bunch of folks shoveling dirt on a young guy who had to deal with a lot of stuff the majority of our candy asses won't ever have to face.

Reaction Score
BUHusky10 said:
He shoots the ball like Purvis.

Except he needs about 1 inch to get his shot off and has unlimited range. Nate was a strange player, funny style but perfect touch. He doesn't look fast yet nobody can contain him. He would have been a great college player at a minimum.

When he was a teenager, he was a local legend because he was everything he didn't seem to be. He was skinny, but he was really strong, he had a funny jumper with a low and slow windup, but you couldn't block it, he dribbled too high but you couldn't steal the ball and he looked kind of slow, but he'd walk right by you. I think he was basically an even more talented Rip Hamilton. Sort of a flashier Rip with better range and a wide array of moves and floaters.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Him and Dukie Vitale have been cooking up new storylines and narratives for Vitale to use during the next UConn game he covers.

Anyone who insinuates that Vitale has an anti-UConn agenda isn't a real college basketball fan. You can't come to that conclusion if you actually watch Vitale do UConn games.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Nate has a pretty tragic story and I hope he gets his life together. We shouldn't dump on him.
But we shouldn't turn him into Oliver Twist with the basketball skills of the Goat either. He did not find success in CBB after Uconn either. This was not Caron Butler.

Reaction Score
That obviously wasn't an NBA team but his shot rarely touched the rim.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Nate Miles was last seen crossing in to the Afghanistan frontier, guided by Brian Williams.

Reaction Score
Nate Miles was last seen crossing in to the Afghanistan frontier, guided by Brian Williams.

Brian Williams is dead, he fell off a boat in the carribean or something

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I don't think he ever hit a woman - someone took out a restraining order which he violated. And then the woman who filed the order retracted the order...it was a perfect mess.

All things considered, it worked out for the best for UConn. For Nate, not so much...

This is ironic yet spot on. Had Nate ever played for us things would have been worse. I wish the kid well.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Nate Miles once made 57 out of 60 threes during a workout at Gampel. His shooting touch was unreal.

Reaction Score
He was extremely nice and polite the couple times I met him. Somewhat shy/quiet but you could tell he was very suspicious of everyone he met and what their intentions might be. He had a very small circle in his short time at UConn because it did seem like he didn't trust many, which was understandable.

Unfortunate how things ended for him. He was happy and excited for the chance and opportunity and his teammates seemed to generally like him and believe in his basketball abilities. He wasn't a flash player but he was extremely smooth and everything seemed to come easy for him. Similar to Brandon roy without the handle even though Nate had good enough handle.

Reaction Score
He was extremely nice and polite the couple times I met him. Somewhat shy/quiet but you could tell he was very suspicious of everyone he met and what their intentions might be. He had a very small circle in his short time at UConn because it did seem like he didn't trust many, which was understandable.

Unfortunate how things ended for him. He was happy and excited for the chance and opportunity and his teammates seemed to generally like him and believe in his basketball abilities. He wasn't a flash player but he was extremely smooth and everything seemed to come easy for him. Similar to Brandon roy without the handle even though Nate had good enough handle.

I saw him play once during the fall workouts prior to the official practices, he had the ability to be really special immediately.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Nothing against him, and I wish him the best, but thank God he never played for us. The hammer would have come down even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom