Do you root for URI in the tournament? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do you root for URI in the tournament?

Reaction Score
I don't understand the premise that you want a future coach to do a worse job cause he'll be cheaper.
The quantity of boneyard speculative negotiation on contracts is out of proportion. The extent to which our negotiators place importance on every detail as if millions of dollars were at stake is equally bizarre.

However, if we crowd-source the UConn coach search and contract negotiations we'd at least be able to brag about getting the highest paid coach in the country.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I hope they make an E8 run solely because that means Duke or Mich St doesn't.

I hate them more than Kentucky.

I agree about keeping Duke and MSU out of the E8–certainly would prefer that.

However, here is a scenario to think about. What if URI were to make a magical run to the E8, beating Duke and MSU along the way. Hurley becomes labeled as a can’t miss superstar coach who loves the northeast and NYC area. At that point, would the powers at Syracuse ever consider forcing out Boeheim now to get Hurley before he is out of the market? While Syracuse was built by Boeheim and everyone assumes that he has the power to decide for himself when he walks away...I could see it happening. Just a hypothetical.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

However, here is a scenario to think about. What if URI were to make a magical run to the E8, beating Duke and MSU along the way. Hurley becomes labeled as a can’t miss superstar coach who loves the northeast and NYC area. At that point, would the powers at Syracuse ever consider forcing out Boeheim now to get Hurley before he is out of the market? While Syracuse was built by Boeheim and everyone assumes that he has the power to decide for himself when he walks away...I could see it happening. Just a hypothetical.

Oh no I get you. That’s why I made my first comment. Just lose and get it over with. And in any other half of a bracket I’d be ok with it. But taking out Grayson Allen and Tom Izzo in one week is just too tempting for me. I’ll take Oats if it means those 2 go down.

Reaction Score
If our AD is doing things right for hiring Hurley, we already have a contract drafted up. It already has salary, etc. hammered out and it's not dependent at all on how far URI goes in the Tourney. Non-negotiable.

With that said, I'll root for them to beat OK & Dook. Making 2nd week for them would be great.

LMAO. If you can figure out how you make an agreement non-negotiable before it's signed, could you please let me know? Because in actual real life that's a problem for those of us who negotiate for a living.

Reaction Score

Wow. The good news is the confidence in Hurley's coaching ability supporting a remarkable vision that Hurley's team over-achieves in the NCAA. The bad news is ultimately these superpowers of optimism conjure a negative scenario. This forces a bat-signal to the Boneyard powers of schadenfreude to squash this superpowered optimistic yet fatalistic scenario.

Or GO RAMS! Your call...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am not in the Hurley corner - UConn can do better - but that has nothing to do with the game or games they play and who I want to win

You always say this, but who is it you think is better and has a better resume (obviously of those available)?

Reaction Score
Lol! I dont care either way. If he wants to come here he will. If he dont, he wont. If you think a couple of wins are going to put him on the national radar for coaching jobs youre fooling yourselves because im positive hes on the national radar already. If he loses to OK i can already see some here wondering if hes the right guy for the job if he cant get out of the first round of the tourney lol!

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I hope they make an E8 run solely because that means Duke or Mich St doesn't.

I hate them more than Kentucky.
Thank you Q. It's good to see some of us still carry and maintain the hatred.

the Q

Reaction Score
Thank you Q. It's good to see some of us still carry and maintain the hatred.

My nightmare FF has Duke/MSU/UNC and either BC, Cuse or Providence.

Reaction Score
LMAO. If you can figure out how you make an agreement non-negotiable before it's signed, could you please let me know? Because in actual real life that's a problem for those of us who negotiate for a living.

What do you know...are you a lawyer or something???

My sources say there's a contract already, and it's signed...in deoxygenated blood, no less.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Now, I will root for URI to keep it close (5-7 pts) against Duke, but not win.

Need to put an end to the URI's fans reality in both ways.

Reaction Score
Vacancies are getting filled right now Ole Miss just hired Kermit Davis and we know Georgia hired Crean, I'm glad because I didnt want either one, so it improves our chances of getting the coach we want, lets say URI goes onto the sweet 16 perhaps more vacancies will be filled might be better to just wait it out as other vacancies get filled. Just stay in contact with Hurley and Oats.

Reaction Score
Now, I will root for URI to keep it close (5-7 pts) against Duke, but not win.

Need to put an end to the URI's fans reality in both ways.

Screw that I can't route for Duke under any circumstances, unfortunately Duke will destroy URI.

the Q

Reaction Score
Screw that I can't route for Duke under any circumstances, unfortunately Duke will destroy URI.

Absolutely.

F Duke.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wash your mouth out with soap. If Hurley can figure out a way to stop Bagley they've got a puncher's chance. I bet JC could help him with a gameplan ;)

It ain't just Bagley though and you know that. I don't see how they handle him and Carter Jr down low. Those guys are just so much bigger and more talented.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom