Do we start Whaley next game or | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Do we start Whaley next game or

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I really hope one of the new bugs replace JC or IW in the rotation by this time next year. The rebuild needs to go forward.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I've like Whaley since the first time I saw him for one reason - he's always around the ball. He knows his limitations. And he plays hard. Should he be a 30 minute guy? No. Should he be a DNP? Not on this team. We need Carlton to play well to win, especially with Polley out. But I'm good with Whaley getting 10 minutes a night with the right matchups.

Reaction Score
I've like Whaley since the first time I saw him for one reason - he's always around the ball. He knows his limitations. And he plays hard. Should he be a 30 minute guy? No. Should he be a DNP? Not on this team. We need Carlton to play well to win, especially with Polley out. But I'm good with Whaley getting 10 minutes a night with the right matchups.

This is all absolutely correct and will carry into next year. He knows his limits. He’s not the most talented guy. But he has a nose for the ball and knows where he needs to be on the court. I think him as a senior will be fine as a reserve center who gives us 10-12 minutes.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Springs isn't good enough to get on the floor as a redshirt freshman, then why would dan have brought him in? It was no secret going into the season that center was, and continues to be, our biggest weakness. Experience doesn't matter when you're not as talented as the guys available next year.

This is also why I think Brown-Fergeson should red-shirt. Between Akok and Springs as starters, with a multitude of experienced depth options, he can take a year to work on his game and get stronger.

This also all assumes we don't get Cliff, who would come in and have everyone fighting to be his backup.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t mind starting Gaffney and Whaley for AG and Carlton. At least for the first few minutes. Send a message.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom